SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Supporters Team 11 a-side?

smiffy16

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just back from the game, unfortunately we lost 6-1. Harsh result but a very good team performance from a bunch of lads who only met half an hour before kickoff against a team that train every week.

Many thanks to all those involved, really enjoyed myself. It was a very hot day so am back off to the pub to discuss the finer points of what could have been.

Accy Stanley are going to publish a match report and photographs soon so I will let you know the link as soon as I can.

Thanks once more

John

Looking at a reply towards the end of July so please let me know if you are interested.

Yeh brilliant game lads really enjoyed it except form the heat!!!

Thought you played very well for a first game and the scoreline definately flattered us!

I scored a cracker though....hehehehhee

Thanks again to everyone who played and made it a good day all round,

Smiffy wink.gif

Stanley. JPW is one of ours smile.gif

Congrats lads, lets hope the return leg is a bit more even.

Any chance of giving us a run down of the team ?

I think that JPW is probably the only one who could give a run down of the team, as he was the one who organised it.

As has been said we were unlucky to get beat by such a score, bit I think that we all enjoyed a game played in the right spirit. I'm sure that we will do a lot better next time.

Nice to meet some new faces off the messageboard.

By the way Tom, SteB was on the pitch for some of the second half, he knocked off early and could be seen watching the rest of the game from the pub opposite. The highlight of his contribution was a momentous collision with I think, JPW, the sound of which was probably heard at Ewood Park...

Just back from the game, unfortunately we lost 6-1.

Stanley = England

Rovers = Iceland

hey-ho it's not the result it's the taking part.......

Was a very funny moment Ste it has to be said.

I'd like to thank Smiffy and JPW for doing the organising as it was a really enjoyable day. Shame about the result but we played some good stuff and perhaps should have had a few more.

Here's to the next one.

p.s.

Photo's are great as well really made me laugh.

Edited by Manchester Blue

I can't believe you got beat off a team with Craig Fisher playing for them? (He's the big gangly bugger stood next to the keeper on the team pic) ohmy.gif

Given that, at the beginning only 12 of us turned up, none of whom was a goal-keeper - at least one aged 48 (me), it seems to me the old adage of, "People in glass houses....."etc!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.