SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pre Season Friendlies & Lancs Cup

T4E

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think it would make it better if the majority of Rovers fans stayed in the same hotel rather than scattered all over the city.

Had a look at hotels and found one at £28.50 per night, but it is 1km from the city centre, and those who went to Ankara know about staying in Hotels far away from the centre.

Edited by Jordan

Think it would make it better if the majority of Rovers fans stayed in the same hotel rather than scattered all over the city.

Had a look at hotels and found one at £28.50 per night, but it is 1km from the city centre, and those who went to Ankara know about staying in Hotels far away from the centre.

1km isn't far tho.

1km isn't far tho.

Tis when your p155ed

rover.gif You should be able to book a hotel in Stuttgart for around 20 euro a night.I think the tournament is outside Stuttgart,check first exactly wher the tournament is being played.No need to book a hotel in advance just turn up and get one when you get there.Much cheaper.

My Wanky Wanderers supporting collegue tells me that the Lancashire Cup is being resurrected next season and that Rovers have been drawn to play Blackpool in the 1st round.

Other than posting a link to the Wanky Wanderers website (actual text below), I can't find any other info. about it.

Here's to drawing the Dingles in the next round! biggrin.gif

LANCASHIRE FA officials met at Leyland yesterday to give the green light to the return of a long-established county cup competition.

The Thurston Road boardroom decision followed talks over recent weeks between several of the county's leading sides.

As a result, Premier League sides Blackburn Rovers and Bolton Wanderers will again do battle in the LFA Challenge Cup alongside six Nationwide League sides from this coming season.

And league officials based at Leyland were hopeful that FA Cup winners Manchester United would rejoin the competition the following season.

The Lancashire 'senior cup', as it is better known, was first held in 1879, but has not been contested since the late 1990s.

Blackburn Rovers are the all-time champion of champions in the contest with 16 wins, five more than next best Bolton Wanderers, Burnley, Liverpool and Manchester United.

The only Red Rose club to come close to that record in Lancashire FA competitions is Chorley, with 13 wins in the 'junior cup', currently known as the Marsden Trophy.

Rovers kick off the new competition at Blackpool, while Bolton Wanderers host Preston North End, Oldham Athletic play Bury, and Burnley take on Rochdale.

The ties will be played on a knockout basis on first team or reserve grounds, and are set to include a mix of first team, reserve and youth players.

First round ties have to be complete by September 1, possibly as pre-season matches.

It doesnt seem worth the extra security for a few pointless matches.

All football matches are pointless. I know I'd rather see Burnley as the opposition in a pointless knockout tourney than Portsmouth, Charlton, Tottenham or whoever for a pointless mid-table Prem place.

Happy Days. Trips to Rochdale and Bury fantastic, I may start going to games again.

Mind you the last time we played Burney in the Lancs Cup ('89?) I had to take a week off work on account of us only managing a draw. Shudder.

1st round by september 1st!!!!!!!!!! u gotta be kidding me, the whole tounrament should be pre-season.I can see it now, a cold wet windy night at turd moor in early october, burnley beat us 2-1 with a 92nd minute amoruso own goal and david may breaking barrys leg in the 1st half. sad.gif

Burnley v Rovers!!..bet Lancashire police are looking forward to that possibility!!!!!!! ohmy.gif

Dubious to say the least.

Just have a blanket media ban then they can't whip up hype and scare all the gullible pea brains of society. biggrin.gif

Burnley v Rovers!!..bet Lancashire police are looking forward to that possibility!!!!!!! ohmy.gif

Can just imagine the scene at Lancashire Police HQ-

"big news lads...Rovers youth team are playing Burnley reserves on a training pitch at Brockhall. They're expectating two men and a dog. Cancel all holidays and grab your riot gear...we're going in...."

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.