BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pre Season Friendlies & Lancs Cup

T4E

from L.E.T.

Rovers will be touring germany july 14 to 25 playing TV Bobfingen, Then they will take part in SSV Reutlingen tournament with 3 other sides.

Three further friendlies arranged when they return home...

Stockport 28th

Preston 31st

Lisbon 2nd August

And then Souness hopes to play in Holland. biggrin.gif

Blackburn have been negotiating with NAC Breda (the team who played Newcastle in the UEFA CUP) for playing a friendly in Holland. I heard that Rovers were asking too much money for this game, therefore NAC decided to look for another friendly.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Cheap' flights are now getting on for £100 so it's looking unlikely that i'll be able to go now with Germany as well. Shame really as it would be great but I can't justify that much. If it changes again back to Ireland then cheaper flights are still an option but by the time the club get round to sorting it they will no doubt be too expensive as well.

'Cheap' flights are now getting on for £100 so it's looking unlikely that i'll be able to go now with Germany as well.  Shame really as it would be great but I can't justify that much.  If it changes again back to Ireland then cheaper flights are still an option but by the time the club get round to sorting it they will no doubt be too expensive as well.

Rovers take the p155, are they going to give us the full details the day before or somethin lol. ive ended up having to pay £100 for Germany flights before it went up any more!

Edited by Ben-2000

'Cheap' flights are now getting on for £100 so it's looking unlikely that i'll be able to go now with Germany as well.  Shame really as it would be great but I can't justify that much.  If it changes again back to Ireland then cheaper flights are still an option but by the time the club get round to sorting it they will no doubt be too expensive as well.

Rovers take the p155, are they going to give us the full details the day before or somethin lol. ive ended up having to pay £100 for Germany flights before it went up any more!

Flight prices vary all the time, you can get cheap hapag lloyd flights again flying 18/19th and returning on the 21/23/25th.

Hi Ben,

Would you prefer it if we did what Birmingham have done and suggest that they might be playing X,Y or Z in order to drum up trade for their £800 official trip?

(X,Y,Z being Hertha, Stuttgart and Kaiserslautern, and it isn't likely that they'll be playing any of them)

I think the fans would be mightily ###### off if the club did that. And even more ###### off if we did a travel club and charged £600 more than what the fans are able to get it for by doing it themseles.

As you know Ben (I assume your the same guy who's emailed me a couple of times), we are waiting details from the company that is organising the event.

But considering they are steering it all towards a Rovers v Birmingham final in Ulm (23rd July 8.30pm local time), you can be sure that the other teams in the mini tournament won't be household names.

In fact most of them won't be household names in their own regions!

As soon as we get the details, I'll put it on the site, and on this and the official messageboard.

Cheers

Lee

Looking good. I may drive there (and possibly sleep in a tent) if the dates are right. Just have to work out how much driving it will involve..

Awaiting news when you get it, Lee smile.gif

I wouldnt book anything yet, as the dates will probably be changed smile.gif

Looking at a couple of ssv pages, there may be a chance that one of the teams is hsv hamburg.

Looking good. I may drive there (and possibly sleep in a tent) if the dates are right. Just have to work out how much driving it will involve..

Awaiting news when you get it, Lee  smile.gif

I wouldnt book anything yet, as the dates will probably be changed smile.gif

Looking at a couple of ssv pages, there may be a chance that one of the teams is hsv hamburg.

Well we'll prob find out when we get to bloody Germany on the day, coz rovers have a habit of keeping things under wraps!

www.ssv-fans.de

The tournament appears to be called the "Lightening" Tournament.

A POST ON THIS SITE by - Nationalspieler - Appears to suggest we may be playing the Albanian National Team. Unfortunately my German is like Jordans English, So I cant make too much out of this.

Well for me it's the holiday aspect of it, Gav. I've never really been much in Germany, apart from at 1 or 2 airports, and definitely not in a car driving around the country. And to top it up with getting to see about 20 different rovers players or more in action certainly doesnt hurt.

Why spend all that money travelling to worthless friendlies when you can what them over here or on video.

ohmy.gif

Because it's better than spending time in B & Q smile.gif

I'm convinced, see you in Bray via Dublin hopefully biggrin.gif

cant believe its less than 2 weeks to go until the Germany games and still no further details....!

Neither have Brum officially, its obviously down to the people organising the tournament to confirm things, not Rovers.

The LET will be miles away with their assumption that it will be Kaiserslautern, as Brums oppostion is

SpVgg Weiden

Bohemians Prague (Czech 2nd div)

Erzgebirge Aue (German 2nd div)

cant believe its less than 2 weeks to go until the Germany games and still no further details....!

Neither have Brum officially, its obviously down to the people organising the tournament to confirm things, not Rovers.

The LET will be miles away with their assumption that it will be Kaiserslautern, as Brums oppostion is

SpVgg Weiden

Bohemians Prague (Czech 2nd div)

Erzgebirge Aue (German 2nd div)

now just worried about finding the grounds.

if there are 4 teams in this Reutlingen tournement, how come we only play 2 games? surely it should be 3??

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.