BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Dickov Signs - Good Deal Or Not ?

Is buying Dickov a good move for Rovers ?  

311 members have voted

1. 1. Is buying Dickov a good move for Rovers ?

• Fantastic. A proven Premiership goal scorer is just what we need.
    • Good buy for the money, but not the most important signing we'll make.
    • Average Player, Average Deal.
    • Squad player at best, can't see the point, we already have much better.
    • Insane purchase, the club is going backwards.
    • He'll never be as good as Lee Grooby.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good bit of business for a squad player.

As long as he doesn't replace Cole (which it seems he isn't) then I can't understand any complaints.

We still have other areas that need reinforcing and hopefully they will be the main areas for our transfer targets over the summer.

rover.gif great signing my arse,souness has just garaunteed another bad season,paul dickov is a good 1st division player at best. tinykit.gif

Some people will never be happy unless were signing ronaldo or henry

withstupid.gif

rover.gif great signing my arse,souness has just garaunteed another bad season,paul dickov is a good 1st division player at best. tinykit.gif

If it was up to you we'd field the bloody youth team next season.

Your clueless ramblings are fast becoming tiresome.

Fair enough not everyone will agree with the Dickov signing but you're just being petty and slating everything Souness does. mad.gif

Us Blackburn fans are a happy lot aren't we ?. At least we haven't signed him for £4m as Hodgson would have done. Let him play a game or two before moaning at least.

really does signal just how far we have slipped as a club over the last couple of seasons and most people seem ok with it now!

Cast your minds back - duff, dunn, jansen, just signed johanson etc we had a crop of very exciting youngsters and surrounded by a few older pro's in flitty, berg etc.

If we were to improve that side, we were looking at big name players to come in.

Now, we are content to go back to the kidd days of signing players like ashley ward.

Oh well - 90% of the rovers faithful will be happy. They will see a player dieing for the cause. A player prepared to crash though the advertising hoardings to save a throw in. Someone who will kiss the badge and really really mean it. Someone the fans can relate too?

What we lose, is an exciting, attacking, unpredictable team that on there day could challenge anyone.

I'd rather have Yorke any day than dickov & I would have done more to try and get the team to play the football we used to play. To get the team to play to the strengths of the few world class players we did have.

Oh well. It's a changing times.

That all aside - I will continue to support the Rovers and welcome Dickov when he signs. I'll just be gutted everytime I think what might have been!

£100k = a few weeks wages for Yorke.

Yorke work rate - 0%

Dickov work rate - 110%

totally disagree - his work rate was different.

He ran enough - he just didnt chase lost causes, which incidentally, were most of the balls put through by our talentless midfield

He turned this game on its head.

rover.gif how many years ago,and what division tinykit.gif

rover.gif Well how about this season when we lost 2-0? He came on as sub and the whole stadium went mental. This gave the players the required lift to score twice. tinykit.gif

biggrin.gif All Dickov needs now, is a song!!

Any thoughts guys.

How about, 'Your suposed to be in jail',oopps!! Sorry, he plays for us now biggrin.gif

What number will he be?

"It's nice to know you're 'ere!

It's nice to know you're 'ere!

It's nice to know you're 'ere!"

Dick-ov!!"

huh.gif

really does signal just how far we have slipped as a club over the last couple of seasons and most people seem ok with it now!

Cast your minds back - duff, dunn, jansen, just signed johanson etc we had a crop of very exciting youngsters and surrounded by a few older pro's in flitty, berg etc.

If we were to improve that side, we were looking at big name players to come in.

Now, we are content to go back to the kidd days of signing players like ashley ward.

Oh well - 90% of the rovers faithful will be happy. They will see a player dieing for the cause. A player prepared to crash though the advertising hoardings to save a throw in. Someone who will kiss the badge and really really mean it. Someone the fans can relate too?

What we lose, is an exciting, attacking, unpredictable team that on there day could challenge anyone.

I'd rather have Yorke any day than dickov & I would have done more to try and get the team to play the football we used to play. To get the team to play to the strengths of the few world class players we did have.

Oh well. It's a changing times.

That all aside - I will continue to support the Rovers and welcome Dickov when he signs. I'll just be gutted everytime I think what might have been!

As things stand, as soon we sign/bring up a decent player, Chelsea or Man Utd will take them off our hands for a wdege of cash. We are no longer contenders. Deal with it.

Everyone here would love to see Duff, the old Jansen, Henry etc. in our shirt, but it isn't going to happen. We can't go and sign Schnijder, Van Der Vaart, Ronaldinho and Thuram, so we have work within our limits, and not keep thinking we're going to go for the Champions League.

Tell me, where are these fantastic players we can get for 50p, and bring back those days ?.

It's all about being satisfied with what we can get, and sadly it isn't Henry.

Billy, to be fair I don't think he's asking that we sign Henry. More making a point that we developed our youth players and bought for the future. The difference now is that we don't have Duff and Dunn coming out of the youth team, so naturally we'll have to make do with a less-exciting team.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.