SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Matteo In Rovers Talks.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mea culpa!

I actually used DEFENSE to try to exculpate myself from having typed MIDFIELD in error in an earlier post.... not realising I was inadvertently setting up a spelling competition!

I will revert to edit mode in future tongue.gif

Edited by philipl

Everton interested in him....

“He’s one of a number of players we are interested in,” Moyes told the club’s official website, www.evertonfc.com.

“We are keeping an eye on his situation.”

Rumour has it that Rovers have offered Matteo a deal worth £22,000 a week. Reports suggest he is not happy at taking such a large paycut.

Bless him! How are you expected to survive on such a miserly sum? dry.gif

Rumour has it that Rovers have offered Matteo a deal worth £22,000 a week. Reports suggest he is not happy at taking such a large paycut.

Well losing around £20k a week is a massive drop in salary!!! I bet you'd be thinking about staying with your company instead of moving to another where you would get half your current wage huh.gif

I have a feeling that everton would offer less than us to matteo! but my main fear is from celtic who could easily offer a larger wage than us and get themselves in more debt! blink.gif

Bless him! How are you expected to survive on such a miserly sum? dry.gif

with the way leeds have conducted themselves, surely they wouldnt mind contributing the other 18k a week? hehehe tongue.gif

but then again, if matteo doesnt accept our offer, then i wouldnt lose too much sleep over him anyway. at least we're not being held to ransom.

modes98I have a feeling that everton would offer less than us to matteo! but my main fear is from celtic who could easily offer a larger wage than us and get themselves in more debt!

You don`t have to worry about celtic as they are not in the race for matteo according to my "sources"

Good job you all have a new toy to try .... The Spell Check button.

Shame it doesn't spot missing words, or those occurences of random word substitution my brain some times does.

I'm sure a lot of people will still post meaningless drivel, but at least it will be correctly spelt meaningless drivel

Matteo is wrangling with leeds over a severance payment thisis what is hlding up negotiations.

He apparently wants to join Rovers but his hands are tied until leeds come up with the goods.

No transfer fee involved but a heavy bonus fee is in place in lieu ohmy.gif

The LET seem to think that Matteo has set his heart on Ewood and will move in the next fortnight.

Rovers move in on Matteo

(think this link was also on the 'summer targets' thread so apologies if you have already read it.

It's no wonder that Leeds are in such trouble when they were paying Matteo £40,000 a week. If they are playing that for some players, how much were their stars getting? I'm sure the likes of Dacourt, Ferdinand, Fowler and Viduka were on even more ridciulous amounts than that.

leeds financial status is well known to all.

they are unable to pay off players and HAVE to agree to subsidise wages in they move on.

Looks like Viduka is on around £65k a week and boro are looking at leeds paying a quarter before they move in with a £4 million pound transfer fee.

They still have Barmby on a massive contract for another 2 yrs and have offered him a free transfer but he is refusing to move due to the payments he will be due for NOT asking for a move.

Imagine staying there for the whole contract and picking up serious money for doign NOWT?

Oh to be a leeds player rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

ching ching thumbs-up.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.