BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hooligans Yet Again

Constant Section 60 and the filming at every football match you attend, is surely an infringement of your human rights. Just needs someone with the desire and finance to challenge such behaviour by the police, and I’m sure with the correct council the outcome would be positive.

They’re again banning people with little more evidence than association and that’s not right either. Not that I’m saying all bans are unwarranted, but plenty all over the country are being stitched up and that’s not right.

I challenged the police at Sunderland a few seasons ago who spent the first 45 minutes seemingly filming me. They told me to sit down and shut up or I’ll be arrested? Where else do you pay £30 to be entertained, end up being threatened with arrest for asking a question, and still return week after week for more!

You have no rights as a football supporter, the police can do what they wish and you can't do anything about it, becuase you're guilty before being proven so.

• Like 1

I've been complaining about this for years. A person paying to attend a football match is a customer and in my view should be treated as such, particularly given some of the inflated prices that are charged for some matches. I strongly object to people being dragged out of matches for little or no reason - a young friend of mine was dragged out by several policemen because he wanted to stand and sing. I understand the rules about standing but that is out of order and over the top.

I'm sure we could write reams about the mis-treatment of football fans by police and stewards, it has to be said some of whom are jobsworths and bullies. Granted there are those so-called fans who are only out to cause trouble and those who sing obnoxious chants but the majority of fans are decent law abiding folks who want to watch their team without interference and pay good money to do so. Treatment of all fans, home and away, should be equal and I still stand by my view that away fans should be forced to sit if the home fans are, whatever it takes - and vice versa.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.