BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] De Pedro Signs

Saints not only scout players on the pitch, but also off it, and apparently the club were shocked at aspects of his lifestyle. He is said to have a 'big problem', but no one really knows what it was Saints found. biggrin.gif

So, De Pedro has an "unknown" problem that frightened off Saints, plus he's had a falling out with Sociedad.

Sounds like his agent has done a perfect selling job on Souness.

Good old, Souey, the Arthur Daley of football. He'll take on all the rubbish no one else wants.

You just cant help yourself, can you. Perhaps you should just abandon Rovers, as you only ever seem to stick around to critisize things left right and centre - if ever there was a Man Utd fan in denial...

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saints not only scout players on the pitch, but also off it, and apparently the club were shocked at aspects of his lifestyle. He is said to have a 'big problem', but no one really knows what it was Saints found. biggrin.gif

So, De Pedro has an "unknown" problem that frightened off Saints, plus he's had a falling out with Sociedad.

Sounds like his agent has done a perfect selling job on Souness.

Good old, Souey, the Arthur Daley of football. He'll take on all the rubbish no one else wants.

yeah because some random fan said so it MUST be true, withstupid.gif

Fantastic signing, De Pedro, Fergie, Thommo, Emerton. That sounds good dusnt it!!!

Souness pulls the old 'No money' trick again and within a day we have signed a great player. laugh.gif who'd doubt him, eh?

Just one reservation, I hope he settles well, because despite the jokes it will be a bit of a shock move for him, coming to Lancashire. Good Luck!!!

Guest ChrisW

brownie , your obviously thinking of John Barnes circa 1996 when he wasn't a winger , i think you'll find in the eighties he was the quickest thing around.........

Anyhow , De pedro at least offers some balance to the team , if thompson and ferguson come back then we look good in the centre of the park , just need a decent right back and centre half. Personally i thought Neill was a liability last season even if he remains a souness favourite.

Granted Neill was bad last year, but I think he gets some unfair critisism, as always happens with players out of form, and the lack of a real Cb partnership meant he was having to fil lthe gaps, and essentailly had more than his RB position to contend with. I think it'll work out for him next year, especially if someone like Matteo could be bought in, and if Amoruso could find some form that he showed last year, when he genuinely looked a good defender, worthy of a move from the North.

Sounds like his agent has done a perfect selling <A TITLE="Click for more information about job" STYLE="text-decoration: none; border-bottom: medium solid green;" HREF="http://search.targetwords.com/u.search?x=5977|1||||job|AA1VDw">job</A> on Souness.

yeah because some random fan said so it MUST be true, withstupid.gif

Don't believe me but I can assure you it's true, having heard the chairman say exactly that. We (on saintsforever.com) have had more threads about De Pedro over the last year that we care to remember, and it really has ###### us all off! Anyway we'll be intigued to see how he does, and if we missed out. As for this 'big problem', I can see it sounds a bit dodgy, and as we don't know what it is ourselves we're all in the dark. All I can say is that I have heard Lowe talk about it, and also a Spanish Saints fan who has had personal contact with De Pedro.

It just seems a tad coincidental that when a player Saints were known to have been following for a whole season goes to Blackburn, all of a sudden, a new poster who is a saints fan turns up, soils the name of the player that he would no doubt have been pleased to have seen at his own club should the move have been pulled off, and the only backup for it is in the seemingly unlikely position that he knows Saints fans who just happen to know De Pedro personally, and therefore have no proof or backup for the story. The fact that he doesnt know what the apparent problem is doesnt really help either.

Edited by Parasyte

I'm delighted we've signed a left midfielder/winger, but I have to say that I'm a little worried about how he's going to settle and whether his heart will really be in it. Let's face it, how many Spaniards have come over to play in England and been a success? I'm sure there must be one or two but I'm struggling to think of them.

I suspect he'll start off like a house on fire for about 10 games and quickly become a fans favourite before fading when he starts to get a little tired and the weather becomes a tad too chilly for him. Then obviously in January he'll pick up a career-threatening injury like most of our new signings do and be out for the rest of the season.

Still, even if we only get 10 good games out of him next season it'll be 9 more than anyone else has managed on the left since Duff departed.

"Big problem"?

Something illicit rather than illegal I'd guess.

Maybe he has a large library of bongo books, can't see how that would affect his play.

Um Bongo? Maybe he drinks it in the Congo....... ohmy.gif

It just seems a tad coincidental that when a player Saints were known to have been following for a whole season goes to Blackburn, all of a sudden, a new poster who is a saints fan turns up, soils the name of the player that he would no doubt have been pleased to have seen at his own club should the move have been pulled off, and the only backup for it is in the seemingly unlikely position that he knows Saints fans who just happen to know De Pedro personally, and therefore have no proof or backup for the story. The fact that he doesnt know what the apparent problem is doesnt really help either.

We would have been delighted to have signed De Pedro, especially as we were left with Niel McCann. This Saints fan with 'personal contact' (he's spoken to De Pedro, not a close friend or whatever, I've spoken to most Saints players, not hard is it?!) was relaying all the info from the Spanish press and as I posted above you can check his website. Anyway he drove us all mad, we all got excited about De Pedro coming, and then we didn't sign him, already though 'personal problems' were being talked about. I havn't come here to soil his name, simply to say what we've heard about him, and provide some info. Just trying to be helpful sad.gif

"We have also checked out his character because that is important if we are to keep the family feel to the club.

"Team spirit is vital for us and the last thing we want is to upset that by bringing in the wrong person."

^From the Saints link you gave - it hardly gives the impression he has off field 'problems'. More of an anti-social, or someone who wont add to the dressing room.

Should fit in at Rovers, then.

Don't believe me but I can assure you it's true, having heard the chairman say exactly that. We (on saintsforever.com) have had more threads about De Pedro over the last year that we care to remember

Based on the latest thread regarding De Pedro on the board you mentioned, there are as many Saints fans that are concerned he will be a hit for Rovers as there are those glad your lot didn't get him. If Javi is the Spanish guy in the know on your board then:

Svensson had been better with JDP, fabrice had been spectacular with JDP and BT and SKP had got many more goals and nice football watched on the pitch.. but no idea in Blackburn, probably he is still the best player in that squad, but who knows?

and:

...I know how good De Pedro has been, I know the Saints, and I saw the club was right choosing such a class player fitting in the midfield...

then he doesn't exactly sound over the moon that we've beaten you to signing De Pedro. As for players with personal problems, this is Rovers, we collect 'em.

Edited by Morph

I'm delighted we've signed a left midfielder/winger, but I have to say that I'm a little worried about how he's going to settle and whether his heart will really be in it. Let's face it, how many Spaniards have come over to play in England and been a success? I'm sure there must be one or two but I'm struggling to think of them.

I suspect he'll start off like a house on fire for about 10 games and quickly become a fans favourite before fading when he starts to get a little tired and the weather becomes a tad too chilly for him. Then obviously in January he'll pick up a career-threatening injury like most of our new signings do and be out for the rest of the season.

Still, even if we only get 10 good games out of him next season it'll be 9 more than anyone else has managed on the left since Duff departed.

To be fair, how many Spaniards have been signed by prem clubs? I'd say Mendieta has been a success this season. Reyes is showing a lot of promise.......

Don't believe me but I can assure you it's true, having heard the chairman say exactly that. We (on saintsforever.com) have had more threads about De Pedro over the last year that we care to remember

Based on the latest thread regarding De Pedro on the board you mentioned, there are as many Saints fans that are concerned he will be a hit for Rovers as there are those glad your lot didn't get him. If Javi is the Spanish guy in the know on your board then:

Svensson had been better with JDP, fabrice had been spectacular with JDP and BT and SKP had got many more goals and nice football watched on the pitch.. but no idea in Blackburn, probably he is still the best player in that squad, but who knows?

and:

...I know how good De Pedro has been, I know the Saints, and I saw the club was right choosing such a class player fitting in the midfield...

then he doesn't exactly sound over the moon that we've beaten you to signing De Pedro. As for players with personal problems, this is Rovers, we collect 'em.

Like I said, we would've been delighted to sign him, most assists in La Liga and puts in some awesome crosses. All I said was that there were mumblings from the club and other sources, that he had off field problems which is part of the reason we didn't go in for him. I'm not saying he's crap, far from it, when we missed out on him we were gutted. He was a great player, maybe a bit over the hill this year but if he can refind the player he was a few seasons ago, you have one hell of a player.

Listened to JW on Radio Lancs tonight and he said that contact had been made last season with him and a bid was hinted at but nothing came of it. Then news reached the club that he was available and JW did the rest. Souey is thrilled with the move. However he also said that the deal for Pedersen was now off as the left side problem had been tackled. The deal for Matteo, although he was reluctant to talk about him, was still possible but there are complications. Hinted again that there would have to be players leaving before other signings were made.

Perhaps the mumblings from southampton is that they were ###### that he and the club wanted more money.

Part of it was that we wern't willing to pay the extra that Real wanted. However De Pedro was more than happy with the wages we were prepared to offer, like i said he was only on 4k a week. Again no one seems to be taking me seriously, thinking I'm here to say how crap he is just bitter that we didn't get him. He can be a great player for you, as a lot of us wish he had for us. As for his 'problem' (which you have all picked up on and made it bigger than it is.) I'd love to know what it is, it may be something tiny but Lowe seemed to think it was a big deal. Anyway none of it matters now, let's see how he performs for you!

I havn't come here to soil his name, simply to say what we've heard about him, and provide some info. Just trying to be helpful sad.gif

It is appreciated LS, thanks thumbs-up.gif

Just when we thought signing a left winger was good news, it turns out he also comes with free 'shady, mysterious background' !! Plenty to keep the messageboard going until the next official PR blunder from the club....

Does anyone know if there's a registered Um Bomgo Rehab clinic in the North West?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.