BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Stolen by the Ref

Drakefyre- dont think so mate

as for portugal, the english outnumbered them in most matches, our game against them was like a home game

greece, only were so passionate cos they won

the rest i cant be bothered to argue against

i think this is just everyones matter of opinion against others, i personally think we have the best fans in the world and dont care what others think, especially "soccer" fans from america

Edited by youandwhosearmy

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because a team has more fans in a stadium for a given game doesn't mean that they're any more passionate. That's just who could secure the tickets for the game.

The Portuguese were celebrating in the streets and at national monuments even though they lost. They celebrated the successes of their team, in spite of the fact that they didn't win it all. If that doesn't show true passion, I don't know what does.

And have you ever been to a game with Mexico involved? I'd go as far to say that their fans are the most incredible in the entire world.

You and whos army. I never said that the greek fans were better I was just saying that there are fans out there that are just as passionate as we are and the scenes in Greece seemed to confirm this.

They have practically knighted their manager by making him a greek citizen.

And greece weren't passionate because they won when I landed in Greece they were in the semis and it was all they could talk about (before they won).

Comparing passions is always impossible.

The reason for having more english fans than portuguese in euro games is quite simple. It's called money!

You have more than us. For us, 35€ is a lot. For you it's not. It's as simple as that.

For what I saw in the Euro, the most passionate fans were from England, Holand, Portugal, Denmark.

At least, those partied before and after.

Comparing passions is always impossible.

Indeed..I was thinkin of that too! thumbs-up.gifwink.gif

there are many passionate fans who didnt have the money to go to Portugal and were followin the matches at home and partying in the streets anyway in their hometowns smile.gif

each person has its way to live football supporting rover.gif

of course there is the money issue too, a portuguese get a wage that's way lower from an italian one and much much lower than in northern countries such as England, Denmark, Holland, Sweden and so on. It's all a matter of lifecost, so I understand why there was a lot of english ppl in the stadiums or holland or swedes instead of portugueses, italians and so. And is not cause they are more passionate and the other are less...

I hardly would have afford to go a match myself, in fact ph34r.gif

I bet Rovers are well made up that their fans aren't mainly South American - Season Ticket sales would be down to about 3,000 this season.

Passion! Don't talk to me about passion! When I was a lad, Arkwright who used to live next door came home and shot himself and his dog after a 1-0 defeat against Blackpool. Night game and all - woke everyone up. And he was happy to do it. Proper fans in them days, not like now. It's all messageboards and namby pamby moaning on tinternet. You don't know you're born you lot.

Exactly dave - lost 12 pints of blood in 30 seconds. Played thru pain though. Proper hard men with pride, passion, commitment and blood dripping from every orifice. Not like todays lot who....... etc etc

Yep, bob, leather ball, wet weather, boots over ankles, leather studs that had to be hammered in on a last (to bend the nails over).

Come off after a game on a frozen park, blood dripping from the sole of your feet where the stud nails cut into you........ forgot the lacemarks the ball left on your forehead after an attempted header.....

I could go on, but it would only encourage the older folk on here.

......I try but I can't. biggrin.gif

youandwhosearmy, I'm one of those dreadful porridge wogs.

mmmmmlets see england in championships ,scotland ?lets see oh aye i remember they was watching with the faroe islands,wales and all ireland:P

never mind theres always the 2199 w cup.

Sorry, Abs, but when did I say Scotland were better than England?

At least we know our limitations, eh? wink.gif

youandwhosearmy your claim that England have the 'most' (what the hell do you measure it on, some sort of barometer? huh.gif) is just so painfully easy to rip the arse out of I think I'll just leave it having said as much.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.