BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Ticket Sales?

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a bit miserable reading this thread this afternoon - some good points but not much optimism about. I agree about the "dangerous spiral" though - it should have been pulled down years ago - it's only a matter of time until someone ends up falling off and into St Johns Tavern.

Had an idea. This season Rovers will have the DeanoCard in operation as a season ticket for the first time. No longer will there be the need to acquire a book full of tickets. I don't know if other clubs do this already but will a Season Ticket be available to buy throughout the entire season?

Say we start really well (won't be easy looking at the fixtures) de Pedro plays like a world beater, Matteo is solid as a rock and Stead continues where he left off. We get off to a flyer. Will those fans who decided not to renew then be able to be a S.T. for the remaining games? There's no admin involved as it's all done on those computer things now. The price would of course reduce on a game by game basis. So you could but a ST for the BBE after missing (or buying normal tickets for) the first two games for say (£420(?)/19*17) £375.78.

Just an idea, as I've already said other clubs may well already this - so it might not be original, but if this facility was there then Rovers may well get some more ST holders joining throughout the season (Birthday Presents / Early Christmas present - who knows?). Which is of course what the club wants and needs - money up front.

Just an idea. My coats ready if required.

A couple of my mates experienced exactly the same emotions around 2 years after we won the Premiership. One of them just stopped going for a few months and the other actually got a S.T. at Bury for 2 seasons. These were lads that had been to all but a handful of games (home & away) since the mid '80s. Their need to attend games just evaporated. They will tell you now that winning the league eventually left their hunger for the club satisfied. There was nowhere left to go but downhill, which is exactly what happened. A strange logic told them that they actually enjoyed it more when we used to bunk off work to go to Bristol Rovers on a Wednesday evening. Or Southend on Bonfire night. Or Plymouth on a Friday for a long weekend on the lash.

I know the kind of people you're talking about Pabby - the ones who feel the ground and facilities are all too sanitised these days . But the game as a "day out " has changed out of all recognition post Sky and post Hillsbrough , and for every one of the "old type" fans we've lost I'm sure we've picked up a couple from the "family" element - I've been down to Ewood with three generations of my family (females and all !) . That just wouldn't have happened even 15 years ago.

I reckon , therefore , that if we're more in to the entertainment business , then that's exactly what the new breed of punter wants - entertainment ; not a bunch of overpaid posers prancing around in front of punters who know they're not getting their moneys worth . ( Up to a hundred quid can go a long way for someone with a couple of kids to entertain ) .These days loyalty doesn't mean as much , the culture's changed . For a town our size it's depressing fro the future .

Got a bit miserable reading this thread this afternoon - some good points but not much optimism about. I agree about the "dangerous spiral" though - it should have been pulled down years ago - it's only a matter of time until someone ends up falling off and into St Johns Tavern.

Had an idea. This season Rovers will have the DeanoCard in operation as a season ticket for the first time. No longer will there be the need to acquire a book full of tickets. I don't know if other clubs do this already but will a Season Ticket be available to buy throughout the entire season?

Say we start really well (won't be easy looking at the fixtures) de Pedro plays like a world beater, Matteo is solid as a rock and Stead continues where he left off. We get off to a flyer. Will those fans who decided not to renew then be able to be a S.T. for the remaining games? There's no admin involved as it's all done on those computer things now. The price would of course reduce on a game by game basis. So you could but a ST for the BBE after missing (or buying normal tickets for) the first two games for say (£420(?)/19*17) £375.78.

Just an idea, as I've already said other clubs may well already this - so it might not be original, but if this facility was there then Rovers may well get some more ST holders joining throughout the season (Birthday Presents / Early Christmas present - who knows?). Which is of course what the club wants and needs - money up front.

Just an idea. My coats ready if required.

only problem I could forsee would be when you get the lesser teams earlier on so people obting to miss those games then getting a season ticket from the first big game.

I read in the Daily Mail today that Everton have had the same problems as us with the sales and renewals of season ticket sales.

Everton last season had 28k season ticket holders, now they only have 20k season ticket holders.

Everton’s chairman like ours wrote to season ticket holders asking them to renew and that the club needs the fans more than ever.

However Everton’s season tickets did rise in price. The cost of an adult season ticket last year was around £350 (I think) but has gone up to £422.

Can’t find a link for it.

some excellant posts frpm Capt, Pabby and Bob. Out of the regular ST holders I knock around with only 1 from 10 has renewed. They have other interests, the atmosthere has gone, they have been made redundant, or they are sick of watching overpaid posers who do not put in the effort.

I've started to watch Rugby League: brilliant skill, great laugh with the crowds and players who don't argue and get up after 30 seconds and two broken legs.

What really naffs me off is ppv. I realise that this is out side of Rovers control, but Sky made their announcements after all club season tickets went on sale. I allready miss 2 games due to hols, now I will miss 3 to 6 due to the late kickoffs and my being at work at 6pm.

I almost cancelled my ST's last week and asked for a refund. I won't this season and i'll loan them to someone who cannot afford to go...but what incentive is there for me to continue with a ST: non apart from blind loyalty which is becoming rather strained at present.

I don't know if other clubs do this already but will a Season Ticket be available to buy throughout the entire season?

Will those fans who decided not to renew then be able to be a S.T. for the remaining games? There's no admin involved as it's all done on those computer things now. The price would of course reduce on a game by game basis. So you could but a ST for the BBE after missing (or buying normal tickets for) the first two games for say (£420(?)/19*17) £375.78.

Bobf

Similar to what I said earlier in the thread - overall I don't think our average attendance will be affected over the season - and saying we do have a good start upto Xmas - just watch them half season tickets sell.

IMO the board at Rovers need to start looking more into the LOYALTY shown by those who renew year after year regardless, rather than the bog standard offers if they want S/T numbers to have a steady turnover.

Edited by CAPT KAYOS

some excellant posts frpm Capt, Pabby and Bob. Out of the regular ST holders I knock around with only 1 from 10 has renewed. They have other interests, the atmosthere has gone, they have been made redundant, or they are sick of watching overpaid posers who do not put in the effort.

I've started to watch Rugby League: brilliant skill, great laugh with the crowds and players who don't argue and get up after 30 seconds and two broken legs.

What really naffs me off is ppv. I realise that this is out side of Rovers control, but Sky made their announcements after all club season tickets went on sale. I allready miss 2 games due to hols, now I will miss 3 to 6 due to the late kickoffs and my being at work at 6pm.

I almost cancelled my ST's last week and asked for a refund. I won't this season and i'll loan them to someone who cannot afford to go...but what incentive is there for me to continue with a ST: non apart from blind loyalty which is becoming rather strained at present.

It doesn't matter how it's dressed up - it still all boils down to supply and demand.

Wolves had sold out their season tickets for this coming season before they knew what division they'd be playing in, never mind when Sky might put them on ppv.

Why? Because more people want to go than can get in, so the people who are already in won't let their seats go, and those that do are instantly replaced.

Any other excuse at Rovers is just that - it's an excuse that says "we all know we can get in to any game we want" dressed up in 15 different ways, from blaming Sky, to blaming Duff, to blaming Saunders, to blaming the pies, and from now on I should think Maradona's gonna cop a load as well.

Frustrating I agree.

But in defence of Sky they are not responsible for PPV.

My understanding is that these games are picked by the Premier League.

I agree with all the posts on here about people not being as together as they should at ewood. If you go to the likes of Wolves and Leeds last season there fans got behind them all season, knowing that come the end they would be down there in the bottom 4 or 5 clubs. Our supporters just winged about how poor we were and that souey should be sacked!

For gods sake what has this man done for the club?

Attracted big names in Cole, Yorke, Ferguson and Emerton. You can say all you want about these signing but like it or not when we signed these players they COULD HAVE (like you could have paid more attention in school) walked into most teams in the league.

He has got us promoted, won the league cup, finished 6th in the league and again last year managed to get us back on the rails and avoid relegation.

So we had 1 bad season. Injuries, Suspensions and a lot of new players so it could have been predicted.

Let’s just stop the moaning and get down to Ewood and away games as much as you can! Give the lads till Christmas before you start saying Souness etc should be sacked.

Give him the support he deserves and get behind the club.

You can’t expect a team to do well if they are playing against there own supporters aswell as a top premier league side!

Never had a season ticket before even though been going since 1975..

But just purchased one , even though I live down south, my wife is expecting a baby soon so will need to help out at weekends and will only be able to go to about 10 games...

Got promoted at work so have more disposable income so thought why not? you only live once

Also got a feeling with the new additions and a fit again Ferguson and Thompson that we are going to the FA Cup final and hate to miss out on a ticket!!!

SEASON TICKET ARRIVES

Includes fixture list and half price match day programme vouchers.

3 simple steps to using the card.

1. Simply hold the card FLAT in front of the reader to activate turnstile.

2. When the card is valid the light will illuminate

3. Walk through the turnstile when card is validated

Will it be that simple rolleyes.gif

SEASON TICKET ARRIVES

Includes fixture list and half price match day programme vouchers.

3 simple steps to using the card.

1. Simply hold the card FLAT in front of the reader to activate turnstile.

2. When the card is valid the light will illuminate

3. Walk through the turnstile when card is validated

Will it be that simple

Course it will!!

Compooters aint never wrang.

Are they? unsure.gifunsure.gif

I won't this season and i'll loan them to someone who cannot afford to go...

That's what I do so as to allow a friend to attend who normally works Saturdays so cannot justify the outlay for a ST. But will the new card system allow a lady to use a man's ST card or vice versa, or will the turnstyles have hidden camera's so that this will not be allowed to happen?

But will the new card system allow a lady to use a man's ST card or vice versa, or will the turnstyles have hidden camera's so that this will not be allowed to happen?

Try going to a match in drag and see what happens.

Middlesbrough are reporting record season ticket sales of 25,000 thanks to their high-profile signings of Hasselbaink and Viduka and expect to hit the 30,000 mark before the start of the season.

Rovers on the other hand are trying to offload a popular player (for the second summer in succession) and think they can replace him with a cutprice non-entity who excites no one. And Williams wonders why he can't shift season tickets.

Middlesbrough are reporting record season ticket sales of 25,000 thanks to their high-profile signings of Hasselbaink and Viduka and expect to hit the 30,000 mark before the start of the season.

Rovers on the other hand are trying to offload a popular player (for the second summer in succession) and think they can replace him with a cutprice non-entity who excites no one. And Williams wonders why he can't shift season tickets.

The so called "popular player" manages to snuffle the entire income from over 8000 adult season ticket holders.

Steve Gibson pays Viduka and JFH's wages from his own pocket. Having aleady tried and failed with Ravanelli, Christie, Emerson, Maccaroni, Job, Boksic. Oh, and alienated Greening and other products of a failed academy - while the academy at Rovers has produced proven talent and exciting potential.

Read last weekend that since 1996 'Boro have spent £50 million on strikers alone. That obviously includes those mentioned above plus some other rubbish. Then of course you've got wages on top as well.

So, take Ravenelli (Steve Gibson was daft enough to), let's say he was on £30,000 a week (sounds about right I'd imagine) on a four year contract - that's another £6 million. Let's just say that since 1996 'Boro have spent well over £100 million on strikers who by and large have been pony.

So it stands to reason that any striker that Blackburn Rovers buys, who doesn't cost a huge amount of money, is bound to be a bad player. Let’s not even give Dickov a chance eh?

Let's go and buy an "exciting" player, who costs an absolute fortune, he's just bound to be successful - as 'Boro have shown over the years (I'll not mention Davies or Grabbi as I don't feel that way out).

Your spot on Jim, all this sh1te is doing NOTHING for the morale of our supporters mad.gif .Will Rovers still now have the gaul to ring up the non renewing fan and have the bare faced cheek to ask why?.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.