BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Ticket Sales?

True supporters take the rough with the smooth - I would still get mine if we were in the old 4th Division as would most folk on here. It's quite amusing reading some of the excuses on here though - can't remember too much complaining or excuses around 95/96.

Well said.

I know several people who haven’t renewed, some are genuine reasons, and others are because they don’t want to watch another season like we have had.

It is understandable, if people don’t want to sell out x amount of money to see another repeat of last season, then that’s there choice.

i agree as well. however...i don't agree that it is understandable that people are not renewing just because we ahd a bad season last time out and don't want a repeat this term....cause that is just ###### ###### weak.

genuine reasons are fair enough but the above is a total cop out. just for the record i aint renewing mine, and i am gutted but i have have to head back downunder, maybe before the end of this coming season....hopefully will only be missing 1 full season before coming back to get another one.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I'm not going again after last season"

"I miss too many games re-arranged for SKY"

"I would rather get SKY to watch the Rovers"

These are all excuses I have heard over the last 12 months. I think instead of being critical we should ensure we don't put them off coming back at some later stage-no-one likes being bad-mouthed.

just for the record i aint renewing mine, and i am gutted but i have have to head back downunder

Totally agree 92er, there's little point slagging these people off, it only puts their backs up and they'll be even less inclined to come back. We should wait until we're all in the ground vs WBA - and then have a proper collective moan about them. Should at least make for a “buzzing” atmosphere.

However Blueboy, that's a pitiful excuse. Just 'cause you'll be livin on the other side of the world doesn't mean you can't make the matches. Sure it'll be something like a 3 day round trip per game and it'll cost you thousands and thousands of pounds but that's no excuse.

If you had just said "I have to work the odd Saturday afternoon now, it’s not really worth it" or "Andy Cole was my favouritest player of ever and ever and he tries really, really hard all the time and I don't want to go anymore now" I think we’d have been a bit more understanding, but this "wrong side of the planet" logistical stuff just doesn’t wash I’m afraid.

• Backroom
just for the record i aint renewing mine, and i am gutted but i have have to head back downunder

Heyyy... but with this new season swipe/ticket/barclay card thingy, if you miss two A category games.. you get a free ticket to a 'B' category game tongue.gif

So really you wouldn't loose out would you ? biggrin.giftongue.gifrolleyes.gif

funny argument about football fans and their loyalty.

In all other walks of life, if you paid for a product and got one that didn't live up to expectations - you would dump it and go for something else.

Football fans can't do this obviously, but why should someone fork out £350 to go to a game which makes them wound up and miserable for the next few hours!

'Get behind your club' we're told, yet it's not so much 'get behind your club' as 'help contribute to another over paid prima donna's next million'

The idea of a football fan following their club through thick and thin was a good one when the cost of going to a match was low in comparison to wages and the players themselves earned a normal wage!

I am ashamed to call myself a rover’s fan sometimes with some of the fans at this club.

Can I ask them 1 question how can the club survive in the premiership with an attendance of 24000.Fans scream for quality players but how can they do that if they cant afford to pay the wages if they don’t get the fans through the door. The club is trying there best by freezing the season tickets and reducing them in some parts of the ground. If we don’t get the fans through the turnstiles then the club wont be able to go for quality players which means they wont be able to sustain a long term in the premiership.

Jack walker is here anymore and neither is the money so the club needs the fans more then ever to get behind the team. I know what it feels like to come off the ground sat nigh and feel crap and wound up for rest of the weekend but by Wednesday I can’t wait for Saturday to come again. I also understand why other football fans say going to Ewood is like going to a funeral, all you get is people morning and slaging the team off and if you stand up and sing you get told to sit back down again by our own fans not even the stewards (home and away).

People wont like this, but I think we have got some of the worst fans in the premiership and if you don’t believe me go and read some of the other clubs and football message boards. No matter what happens I will still keep buying my season ticket and supporting my club

Well that's the first time I remember anyone saying "Sh!te 2291st post" anywhere at all, ever, but there you go.

dave birch - I don't know what to say. You need to get to work on some sort of Tardis if you want to get to the game. Just out of interest, how much would it cost and how long would it take to get from Aus to Rovers and back? Probably more than £385 I'd guess. It amazes me that there are people on the other side of the world who care more about this club than some "fans" of the club in Blackburn. Some people don't know what they've got.

Which leads me nicely to Atty's post. Ultimately, it'll come down to money and attendances and all that carry on. If the people in the town aren't prepared to back the club then eventually we'll find our own level, I just hope that that level is still in the Premiership, although I have my doubts.

But as Eddie said - we've been here before.

My god, Bob, you've increased my guilt factor no end, 'cause I've missed 30 years of Rovers attendance......

Good Grief Mr Birch!! You only live in Sydney!

Get the Bus at Woolloomooloo,

It will take you right past Darlinghurst, past Surry Hills and

Ewood Park is on the LEFT!!

oh sorry Moore Park my mistake. biggrin.gif

If the people in the town aren't prepared to back the club then eventually we'll find our own level, I just hope that that level is still in the Premiership, although I have my doubts.

I think that this season will tell us what the "level" is.

12,000 ST holders seems about right.

If the home crowd for the West Brom game is 20,000 then we'll know that 8 thousand people haven't committed to STs but are a market to be targetted for all home games.

It's quite important that the baggies return south on the end of a proper shoeing.

BobF, at a guess, the plane fare to England would be about $2100 (say 1000 pounds).

Assuming a 3pm Saturday game, I set off friday AM getting into London Saturday AM giving me time to transfer to Manchester then getting a train to Blackburn (don't know the costs involved in England).

Presumably there would be a return flight back from London on Saturday night, getting me into Sydney early monday morning (got to take into account the time difference of between 9 and 11 hours)

I'd be stuffed if I could make the mid week games though.

Methinks winning the lottery might be the answer, then I could pay to have a dedicated TV coverage beamed out to me here.

Don, discounted flights to London START around $1550. Generally you have to book months in advance. To book, say from week to week, you'll be paying top dollar. Business class is around $3500- $4000

American, I'd probably have to change in London anyway as most airlines flying from here don't fly direct to manc.

If the people in the town aren't prepared to back the club then eventually we'll find our own level, I just hope that that level is still in the Premiership, although I have my doubts.

I think that this season will tell us what the "level" is.

12,000 ST holders seems about right.

If the home crowd for the West Brom game is 20,000 then we'll know that 8 thousand people haven't committed to STs but are a market to be targetted for all home games.

It's quite important that the baggies return south on the end of a proper shoeing.

I hope they send WBA packing too. Trouble is you know what the public of Blackburn will be saying, "well we 'ammered Wolves first game last year and look what happened. Then we have some very difficult games on the bounce, people will have us relegated already.

The general public of Blackburn are just apathetic about their club and they have been for about Forty years.

The comments about finding our own level are very true and as support wanes we will and it most likely will not be Premiership.

My personal theories are the switching of games is an easy out for people to avoid shelling out their money. I had a season ticket for years but I very much doubt if I would have forked over the cash not knowing each season how many games I would actually be able to see.

Another point that I have raised before, it may seem small but I feel it is a big factor and that is the getting in and out of Ewood. Easy access to and from the ground. I have heard of many issues regarding traffic flow etc it needs to be remedied, people simply are not as patient as they used to be.

Edited by USABlue

You need to get to work on some sort of Tardis if you want to get to the game. Just out of interest, how much would it cost and how long would it take to get from Aus to Rovers and back?

Surely you could pick up one of those telephone boxes for less than £385? You don't see the police using them much these days?

On attendances I feel Man Utd is the important game. We need to sell out, or close to, and stuff them and set the casual fan up for a season of decent displays.

BobF, at a guess, the plane fare to England would be about $2100 (say 1000 pounds).

Assuming a 3pm Saturday game, I set off friday AM getting into London Saturday AM giving me time to transfer to Manchester then getting a train to Blackburn (don't know the costs involved in England).

Presumably there would be a return flight back from London on Saturday night, getting me into Sydney early monday morning (got to take into account the time difference of between 9 and 11 hours)

I'd be stuffed if I could make the mid week games though.

Thanks Dave. After reading that and thinking long and hard over the last few hours I've come to the conclusion that if you live in Australia then it probably isn't a good idea to get a season ticket. As Dave has pointed out there are just too many mid-week games.

On attendances I feel Man Utd is the important game. We need to sell out, or close to, and stuff them and set the casual fan up for a season of decent displays.

Is that all? You better tell Souey quick wink.gif

Airfares, mine cost 894euro Dublin-Melbourne with Austrian Airlines, which is a good deal less than $2100, probably about $1500 smile.gif You're not trying to fly Qantas or something silly like that are you Dave?

Another point that I have raised before, it may seem small but I feel it is a big factor and that is the getting in and out of Ewood. Easy access to and from the ground. I have heard of many issues regarding traffic flow etc it needs to be remedied, people simply are not as patient as they used to be.

Compared to getting away from most other grounds I have been to Ewood is a piece of cake. If you park at Darwen Vale you are on the motorway within 10 minutes of the game ending, if you park up Livesey Branch you can get away within 10-15 minutes. Cant comment on traffic into Blackburn.

Compare that the Old Trafford, with a motorway on the doorstep - it took us an hour to get to the motorway. Wolves - took us longer to get to the motorway than it did from getting on the motorway to Preston.

It just seems to be any bloody excuse.

And as for the Sydney contingent. Ever heard of frequent flyer discount? wink.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.