BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Ticket Sales?

Stuwilky, next time you go to the Theatre of Sh!te send me a message. I have access to a multi-storey almost opposite the cricket ground (5 mins walk) that is unused on saturdays. You say "United Utilities" to the security intercom.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd recommend caution when using Preston Blue's method of accessing that car park. I tried it once and "United Utilities" came out as "United, You Little Titties" - I just couldn't help myself. The barrier started hammering up and down on the bonnet of my car and I was forced to look elsewhere for parking. It's a very sophisticated security system!

Amazing how times change,I can remember a time not so long ago when just to have a crowd of 12,000 on Ewood was considered 'special' and now we complain we only have 12k season ticket holders!

In a moment of quiet contemplation it just made me chuckle thinking back to the dark days of the early to middle eighties when our famous old club was literally on its kness and could barely afford to pay the milkman,the riverside stand fund etc;how well we have done to have come so far in such a relatively short space of time!.I personally NEVER EVER want to see us go back to that again and like others have said ''you never know what you've had untill its gone''...........

KEEP THE BLUE FLAG FLYING HIGH!!

rover.gif

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this already, but I suspect the new electronic ticket readers that have been installed on the turnstiles at Ewood could herald a marked difference in the "official" attendance on matchdays.

I've often noticed in the past three or four seasons that the attendance figure announced during the second half doesn't seem to be as great as the number of seats that are filled with supporters.

And, before any wag starts asking me if I personally do a half-time head count, it's fairly obvious on occasion that there are several thousand more people in the ground than is claimed. You only have to look at the empty (or otherwise) blocks of seating.

I'll leave it to people's imagination as to why this discrepancy might occur, but I wouldn't be surprised if our average attendance figures were up a little this season.

Interesting comment taken from a Sunderland fan about their huge drop in attendances,the 41,000 refers to season ticket holders!

''We actually had 41,000 about 3 years ago so the fall in support has been dramatic over the last 2 seasons.

The average gate over 3 years has been 47000, 39000 and 27000.

Very worring, a drop of 20,000 in 2 seasons just goes to highlight the fickleness of happy clappy Premiership supporters.''

.... they have sold less than 15,000 season tickets to date for the coming season

.... they have sold less than 15,000 season tickets to date for the coming season

So little ol' Rovers aren't doing so bad then SG?

The statistics that was given out about Sunderland shows what could have happened if Rovers had gone down, but worse.

Sunderland were getting full houses every week, playing some good football, sadly for them it went all wrong, with players not pulling their weight, which in my opinion was the main reason why they went down.

The figure that has been estimated of the number of season tickets so far stands at around twelve thousand. I dread to think what it would have been if we were in Division One.

People have mentioned the word or phrase with loyalty. The fans should be loyal, obviously like anywhere else there is going to be a group of supporters who will stick by the team anywhere. The players also have to be loyal, some have, and some haven’t.

The only reason in how we’ll get fans back through the gates is for the team to start playing the football that we know that they can play.

CONDITIONS OF ENTRY

It'll all end in tears. It looks like John Newsham has already jammed up one DeanoStyle already.

Anyway, joking aside - prestonblue - I'm sure I read in the small print that you have to wet it and then stick it to your forehead for it to work properly.

"DO NOT, under any circumstances hold the DeanoCard by hand. In the unlikely event of rain the lasers may well cause lacerations to the hand. Secure the DeanoCard to your forehead with a bit of spit to avoid low level laser burns, just to be on the safe side like."

There is an answer to all of this "card" problem.

Next season you are going to have a barcode tattooed to your left cheek (nah, not the one on your face) and every time you pass through the turnstyle, you're going to have to bare your bum (or Mooning, as it's known here).

All I can suggest to you guys is, get some quick release pants so that you can do the deed real quick.

It could be scary.

Apparently there are numerous postions available as turnstyle operators.

On that picture why is the gurning fool sticking his pass in the slot when it specifically tells you that you don't have to? I'm sure it will work both ways but I can see the already confused having even more worries.

My guess is that the slot is for bar-coded matchday tickets which need to be inserted to be read.

The distance reader will only work for the plastic ST cards.

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this already, but I suspect the new electronic ticket readers that have been installed on the turnstiles at Ewood could herald a marked difference in the "official" attendance on matchdays.

I've often noticed in the past three or four seasons that the attendance figure announced during the second half doesn't seem to be as great as the number of seats that are filled with supporters.

And, before any wag starts asking me if I personally do a half-time head count, it's fairly obvious on occasion that there are several thousand more people in the ground than is claimed. You only have to look at the empty (or otherwise) blocks of seating.

I'll leave it to people's imagination as to why this discrepancy might occur, but I wouldn't be surprised if our average attendance figures were up a little this season.

There is already a monitor in the Directors Lounge which displays "real time" crowd information for every section of the ground, as a total number of people and as a percentage of capacity for the section (and of course totals for the whole stadium).

That up to the minute data can only come from the turnstiles themselves, so I don't think the new system will change the data at all.

What it will do is allow the club to look at trends of behaviour. If you have a "lucky turnstile" they'll soon know because the new system will be able to tell them.

Over the first ten games or so they'll have a decent indication of your pre-match habits, ie do you arrive an hour before kick off or 2 mins before kick off. I guess they'll use the data to look at ways of tempting people in earlier = more revenue.

I guess they'll use the data to look at ways of tempting people in earlier = more revenue.

All clever stuff Tris. Perhaps if they employed some more people to pull pints a bit quicker, people might be tempted to arrive a bit earlier. Oh - and reduce the price.

You can tell we're getting nearer if I'm bringing up this old chestnut. Three weeks today!

The price isnt to bad, just over three quid for a pint and a half of lager, and it actually wasnt too bad.

The problem is with the speed of the service, some staff dont seem to have figured out that with one of those automatic machines at the back you can pull six or eight pints at a time, they only use it for 2. So the custoemr you are serving only wants 2, the next few will also want beer.

Over the first ten games or so they'll have a decent indication of your pre-match habits, ie do you arrive an hour before kick off or 2 mins before kick off. I guess they'll use the data to look at ways of tempting people in earlier = more revenue.

It would be more interesting if you had to use the card to get out . Might help to lay some myths - or even confirm them - about the punters "leaving early"... cool.gif

The price isnt to bad, just over three quid for a pint and a half of lager, and it actually wasnt too bad.

The problem is with the speed of the service, some staff dont seem to have figured out that with one of those automatic machines at the back you can pull six or eight pints at a time, they only use it for 2. So the custoemr you are serving only wants 2, the next few will also want beer.

At one point last season one of them didnt even realise that you actually had to put the "glasses" underneath the taps for them to be filled up, she preferred to just fill up the holders. She also decided to just grin at us and ignore us when we tried to point out she was wasting the beer.

Just goes to show the high intelligence levels of the staff employed down at Ewood park.

If you have a "lucky turnstile" they'll soon know because the new system will be able to tell them.

....and if I don't use it and we're on a losing streak can I expect Souey or JW on the blower to point out I've been using the wrong turnstile? smile.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.