BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Ticket Sales?

One of my lads still hasn't got his season ticket despite me paying by credit card for the damn thing . I rang up the ticket office at the weekend and the girl said that one batch had yet to be sent out - she blamed the situation on Austria ! Presumably the cards are being made there .....All tickets , apparently, will be received by the end of this week..... unsure.gif

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Front and back page of LET,flyers, radio advertisement..dont think the club can do any more to be honest Hughesy.

Non-white season ticket holders are in a very small minority I would have said AND THAT IS NO FAULT OF BLACKBURN ROVERS......the Asian community will simply not support in large numbers.

Roverite, get on the blower to rovers mate, mine arrived at least 3 weeks ago and 2 instalments have already been paid for.

Cant do much more?

How about a ticket stand in twon centre of blackburn, preston and accy?

How about having people hand out leaflets in towns.

Back page of LET? You mean the tiny strip at the bottom? Great.

There is simply more effort needed.

Kids are the easy option, they should be targetting them much more. You get them interested then you get the parents nagged and they then bring them to ewood.

Our advertising is crap!!!

Home Kits, available after the season starts? What is that all about?

Away kit only just available. Most clubs bring there new kits out 2 weeks before end of the season. Some even play in them for the last couple of games.

Home Kits, available after the season starts? What is that all about?

Away kit only just available. Most clubs bring there new kits out 2 weeks before end of the season. Some even play in them for the last couple of games.

If it helps Hughsey, try to imagine that the kit isn't late for this coming season...just very early for the next one smile.gif .

Have just secured my ticket for the west brom game, in the blackburn end row 4, excellent!!!!

God we have to win that one, as with most people on the board I am fairly bemused by the whole Yorke situation, just hope that whatever Soueys plans are they pay off, can't afford a pap start.

for the southwest crew, tugay4england and bluerover etc. I have got my place fixed up in bristol, in the hotwells area, not sure if you know it!!!!

moving there september 18th, least I am up home for the match against newcastle just down the road, hope to see as many of you there as possible, and at the west brom game if you let me know where you will be drunkenly wandering before hand!!!!!

ADIOS

How about a ticket stand in twon centre of blackburn, preston and accy?

How about having people hand out leaflets in towns.

Because a phone call is so difficult to make? How long would you want these three ticket stands to be there for? All summer? three ticket stands? staffed all day so 8 hours, from 9-5, for 10 weeks? by my calculations that would be...... the best part of £10,000 in staff costs alone for the club.... for what benefit? very little.....

And as for leaflets being handed out, where would most of them end up?

How else do you suggest Rovers target kids? They run soccer schools all season at Ewood, they go out to schools, clubs etc in the local ares, run coaching sessions, give free tickets away in the Darren End to schools near and far? What else can they do Mr Marketing Genius?

roversmum Posted on Aug 4 2004, 23:21 

There were leaflets included with the delivery of The Citizen on our round earlier in the year. 

Also included the Burnley Citizen, bet they got a lot of interest from there!!!

• 6 months later...

Wow that is impressive! Even if we got out tickets on sale early we wouldn't have demand like that.

I can only guess it shows the difference in the attitude of the Canaries' fans compared to Rovers' fans. I think Rovers' fans, on the whole, still expect too much from a season, whereas for Norwich, just getting back into the Premiership was the most they would expect to achieve.

Wow that is impressive! Even if we got out tickets on sale early we wouldn't have demand like that.

I can only guess it shows the difference in the attitude of the Canaries' fans compared to Rovers' fans. I think Rovers' fans, on the whole, still expect too much from a season, whereas for Norwich, just getting back into the Premiership was the most they would expect to achieve.

Depends on the price.........if pre-booked tickets were froze then the demand would be good.

Depends on the price.........if pre-booked tickets were froze then the demand would be good.

I know what you are saying, but our season ticket prices were frozen last year and we didn't have a great demand!

IF we get to the FA Cup semi or final (though at this point I will be happy to get past Burnley).

Why not give present non-season ticket holders the opportunity to reserve (with a non-refundable cash sum of course) season tickets for next season in return for guaranteed availability for Millenium Stadium tickets (after existing season ticket holders of course wink.gif )

I wouldn't imagine it would vastly increase our season ticket sales - but at least it would be an incentive for any people undecided about season tickets.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.