BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Ticket Sales?

Its all pure speculation, if the figure is accurate 10,000 is awful. Two seasons ago we had the best part of 15000. Burnley have 9000 FFS.

We only reached 15k after the half season ticket sales mid season...10k at this early stage would probably equate to average sales I would have thought.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion 10,000 season ticket holders is bad. I don’t know what the exact figure of season ticket holders but we were getting gates of around 23,000 for most games.

But there will be a sense of optimism as the season gets closer to us. With the announcement of Ferguson as the captain, players like himself, Thommo, Jay and possibly new signings the amount of season ticket holders will increase.

The question is can Souness make a big name signing to attract season ticket holders?

I think he can, the club’s facilities are fantastic and at the moment the group of players that we now have available to really get going in August is surely a step in the right direction.

But I am concerned about the current number of season ticket holders. I did renew but how many season ticket holders haven’t renewed so far?

The club doesn’t have the financially backing that we once had and we don’t get huge attendances which doesn’t give us an awful lot of money from the turnstiles to possibly fund in a new player.

I do know several people who haven’t renewed. Some think because we aren’t going to get better and others think that it isn’t worth it.

I disagree the prices are brilliant for Premiership football. Some fans are still thinking that it’s going to be yet another season of struggling like last season; I’ll guarantee it won’t be.

''With the announcement of Ferguson as the captain, players like himself, Thommo, Jay and possibly new signings the amount of season ticket holders will increase.''

Where does your evidence for this increase come from Roversismylife?.....Rovers have seen a steady season by season decline in season ticket numbers while almost all other Premiership clubs have reported increased sales,very depressing but fact. sad.gif

''With the announcement of Ferguson as the captain, players like himself, Thommo, Jay and possibly new signings the amount of season ticket holders will increase.''

Where does your evidence for this increase come from Roversismylife?.....Rovers have seen a steady season by season decline in season ticket numbers while almost all other Premiership clubs have reported increased sales,very depressing but fact. sad.gif

Take your point. We did have a very poor season last season and of course there will be many season ticket holders who will not renew for whatever reason.

I don’t think we’ll overtake the sales of season ticket holders that we have had, but I do think that the number will be 14,000 at the maximum come August.

Personally, I think the announcement of Ferguson as the new captain is brilliant. We did do poorly last season, but why? Poor defending more than anything. But for over half the season we missed key influential players to the team.

I’m sure that we’d both agree that if we had players like Ferguson, Thompson in the side for the whole season, our overall position in the league would have been a lot higher than it was.

I think that the renewal deadline was too early despite the club’s brilliant effort in freezing the prices.

All I’m saying is SIMON GARNERS 194 I wouldn’t be too surprised if the number of season ticket holders increased as we get closer to August.

''I think that the renewal deadline was too early ''

Totally agree, why clubs do this to their supporters i'll never know, it certainly cant help with sales when people are asked to find the coin in such a short space of time....some clubs have their season tickets on sale a month before the season finishes!

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Totally agree, why clubs do this to their supporters i'll never know.

I don't think the renewal deadline was too early rather that the packs were too late. The club need to get the stuff sorted although a few extra weeks wouldn't have done any harm given the lateness of the stuff.

Totally agree, why clubs do this to their supporters i'll never know.

I don't think the renewal deadline was too early rather that the packs were too late. The club need to get the stuff sorted although a few extra weeks wouldn't have done any harm given the lateness of the stuff.

Ypu should all know what Rovers are like by now, keep everything hush hush like they are doing with the pre-seaon details.

Can anybody help me with a season ticket question?

I`m thinking of buying an adult & a junior ticket sat together (obviously).

Sometimes the junior i take cannot go for one reason or another.

Will the club let another adult use the junior seat if we pay the difference??

This is a major factor in whether i buy 2 season tickets or just go on a casual basis.

unsure.gif

This is a major factor in whether i buy 2 season tickets or just go on a casual basis.

unsure.gif

If you go on a casual basis that will mean that you’ll have to ring the ticket office regularly for tickets which could cause hassle. If you get a season ticket then you wouldn’t have to ring up.

I know some people when they’re kid can’t go they take a mate. I know someone who’s said that they’ve used the child’s season ticket and said that the child has used his season ticket and already gone through, when really it`s his mate.

tinykit.gif

Edited by roversismylife

I know some people when they’re kid can’t go they take a mate. I know someone who’s said that they’ve used the child’s season ticket and said that the child has used his season ticket and already gone through.

hmmmmmmmm.....interesting rolleyes.gif (cletus little brain starts to tick)

I couldn`t....could i? dry.gif

unsure.gif

I'd just check with the club as they are pretty ok about things like that. I know you can use a childs season ticket to buy adult away tickets so they are fairly flexible about it.

I thought I read somewhere that the direct debit deadline has been extended until mid July. Is this true?

If so, perhaps the figures are really as a bad as some are suggesting.

Have to say, when I went to renew my ST the place was far from buzzing.

The whole thing just depresses me.

unsure.gif

Simply Yes. You do an upgrade at the TO by paying the difference. I've done this many times over the years. In theory you should do the upgrade at least 24 hours prior to the game but I've done it right up to KO on occassions.

I know some people when they’re kid can’t go they take a mate. I know someone who’s said that they’ve used the child’s season ticket and said that the child has used his season ticket and already gone through.

hmmmmmmmm.....interesting rolleyes.gif (cletus little brain starts to tick)

I couldn`t....could i? dry.gif

Possibly in seasons gone by, but probably not this season with the new credit card type season ticket.

All the turnstyle steward has to do is to look at what colour light flashes up on the turnstyle to ascertain what grade of card has been fed in.

All you would be fraudsters have been warned!

cool.gif

I hope the Rovers sell a lot of season tickets but the only real reason for people to renew is because the prices have been held.

Last season was a total disaster at home. WE LOST 10 HOME GAMES. The only real way to attract people is a combination of success and quality play.As it is we can't afford to make a big signing- would it be sensible of the Directors to let Souness squander yet more funds?-and Souness has to realise he has a big responsibility that goes with a, no doubt, big salary.

I doubt the supposed good news will attract waverers-a Scottish signing who has been injured since before the New Year and has delivered very little up to now.A small midfield player who probably over produced when he first arrived,has been injured for significant spells and who was useless last season. A youngster who played a few matches at full back without ever really looking the part as a full back. Maybe he'll be a centre back but he went backwards last season even before he got injured.

The season ticket for me and my wife cost £1,000. Good value? I don't think so.

Try telling that to the Spurs fans who have to pay that just for one season ticket. Of course it's good value as we are one of the cheapest in the league and you choose to sit in one of the most expensive areas. I pay £450 but if cost was an issue i'd just move to a cheaper area. Non-renewal is not an option.

There seems to be quite a lot of varying guesses over how many ST holders we have/have had.

2 seasons ago we managed 16,000 which historically I think was one of our best ever figures. The best ever was I think a tad short of 20,000 the close season after we won the Championship.

That 16,000 figure dropped by 1500 overall 12 months ago. That actually consisted of 2500 people dropping off but encouragingly1000 new uptakes as well.

I think anything anywhere near that 14,500 figure will be a major achievement given the season we had but to their credit I must say the marketing department are pulling out all the stops with their advertising campaign, at long last extremely prominent in the LET, and a 200,000 leaflet drop in Blackburn and the surrounding areas. (One dropped through my door 2 days ago.)

You choose to sit in the expensive seats, you could get it for half that in the Riverside.

And at £500 or £13 per game per person, yes that is good value for Premiership football.

I sit in one of the most expensive areas because I have sat there more years than I care to remember with a number of people as well as my wife.Non-renewal was a consideration after the very poor season in the 1st Division. It was also when I came to renew-I'd forgotten how much I'd paid-after last season's appalling displays.

It might not be as much as a fan pays for their season ticket at another club, but so what? In my opinion £1,000 is a lot to pay for 2 season tickets and I could do a lot of things with it.

It might not be as much as a fan pays for their season ticket at another club, but so what? In my opinion £1,000 is a lot to pay for 2 season tickets and I could do a lot of things with it.

£1000 is a lot but you said it wasn't good value and I'm pointing out that it is for Premiership football. It matters what other clubs charge because it shows that we are getting a good deal.

Stop bloody complaining. I live in Cambridge, and I cant drive yet. You know what that means? It means I am the only person for miles that supports Rovers, which means there is no way of splitting costs for a trip to Ewood. And unless I wanna get caught in colossal clog ups of people, I have to stay overnight at the Fernhurst - yes, the feckin' away team stop. So at 40-odd quid per-night at the Fernhurst, ever increasing train prices (think it was nigh on 80 quid last time), and then the ticket prices on top of that, it is rare I get to see an Ewood game because of price. £1000 for 2 season tickets - £500 each? Boo-fcuking-hoo.

Edited by Parasyte

''It might not be as much as a fan pays for their season ticket at another club, but so what? In my opinion £1,000 is a lot to pay for 2 season tickets and I could do a lot of things with it.''

To reiterate again 92er if cost is the main issue for you, you and your mrs could sit in the Riverside for roughly £500 and still be able to 'do a lot of things' with the other saved £500....with all the financial initiatives Rovers have done for the coming season I personally refuse to believe that cost is a viable excuse for non-renewal.

WHERE'S THE LOYALTY?

''It might not be as much as a fan pays for their season ticket at another club, but so what? In my opinion £1,000 is a lot to pay for 2 season tickets and I could do a lot of things with it.''

To reiterate again 92er if cost is the main issue for you, you and your mrs could sit in the Riverside for roughly £500 and still be able to 'do a lot of things' with the other saved £500....with all the financial initiatives Rovers have done for the coming season I personally refuse to believe that cost is a viable excuse for non-renewal.

WHERE'S THE LOYALTY?

There isn't any, we have some of the worst fans in the league sad.gif (oh and I have renewed my ticket using my student loan, despite living in Hull most of the year)

Oh and Parasyte, good lad (or lass biggrin.gif ) thumbs-up.gif

Edited by Exiled_Rover

at the end of the day we was served up a bag of @#/? last season and if people think that the major signings weve made will make punters change there minds and buy new or renew season tickets are living in cuckoo land .At the end of the day the bottom line is footy is a means to be entertained and last season was about as enternaing as someone having a curry and being in a lift the following day and it breaking down.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.