BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Flitcroft

Flitcroft has been through highs and lows with rovers, and I think we was a worthy captain, but now I think its just time to move over. He showed last year in Bazza's absence he didnt have the legs for it any more. Good player, solid captain, just cant hack it anymore.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imo this move could mean three possible scenarios:

1. We're at an advanced stage in negotations with a central midfielder.

2. Ferguson will take over Flitcrofts defensive role in midfield. Souness said when we bought Ferguson that he was the next Keane or Vieira. This would mean that Tugay will play the same position he played since the Fulham game.

3. None of the above, Darracott gave Souness a CM game as a present after last season and it's given him some food for thought.

A good move to replace Flitcroft, because I don't think that we will be seeing as much of him next season, so it is important that the captain is someone who plays every game. Ferguson was an excellent captain at Rangers and is the perfect replacement. The sad thing is IMO is that there aren't too many other players that you give the captains armband to, Amoruso or Friedal maybe.

It makes sense to handover to Fergie while keeping Flitty on.

He can assist / advise Ferguson while still taking an active role on the playing side.

I like the idea of building the side around a fresh nucleus.

To be frank, I don't think Ferguson needs advice on how to be a good captain. In fact, it would be bloody cheeky if Flitty offered to tell a man who has captain Rangers and Scotland how it should be done. Besides, everyone has their own methods.

Seems strange that there are no quotes consoling and thanking Flitty from our manager. Mmm, not another bust up... huh.gif

I think Flitty could be off.

I bet Flitty got all excited when Souey said he was gonna be 'stripped'

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Flitty has been a very good captain in my opinion but Ferguson for me is the right choice to take over. And you never know this news might kick start Flitty back into action and be better than last year

Edited by nolan9

But Bazza is almost a newcomer, i've always thought that a bit of expirience in the team is needed to be the captain. I think Brad would be the most logical option.

It seems that Ferguson will be an excellent captain but if i was Souness i would have waited one or two years.

But Bazza is almost a newcomer, i've always thought that a bit of expirience in the team is needed to be the captain. I think Brad would be the most logical option.

It seems that Ferguson will be an excellent captain but if i was Souness i would have waited one or two years.

Brad can't even organise a wall when facing a free kick so... no I'm being harsh.

But it's kind of difficult for a goalie to get instructions about the pitch and rally the troops when he's at one end of the pitch and the players are at the other.

Ferguson seems a decent choice and the only alternative to Flitcroft.

Seems strange that there are no quotes consoling and thanking Flitty from our manager. Mmm, not another bust up... huh.gif

I think Flitty could be off.

Well, it's been coming. Ferguson is the obvious choice to replace Flitty as Captain and it might as well be now. No doubt any slackers will get their ears well and truly bent, don't think our Bazza will take any prisoners!

Truly, Flitcroft has been more of a liability for some time now.

Doubt there has been a bust-up, but it is a rather heavy hint that if Flitty is not happy with the situation there is yet time in the transfer window for him to be looking elsewhere. No doubt someone in the Championship ( ohmy.gif ) would be grateful for his skills.

I'll bet Revs in the pub celebrating as we speak. smile.gif

Anyway lets not forget that at the beginning of last season Flitty was only offered a one year contract but he dug his heels in and in the end got a two year deal, so it's obvious to me that GS is merely sticking to his overall gameplan. Furthermore its possible that he promised Fergy that he would be captain this year when they were in negotiations.

I should think that this move might just see Flitcroft moving on..... providing of course that he can find somebody (Wigan / Notlob?) with enough bunce so as not to make him lose out financially.

True, but Bazza was a very successful captain at Rangers and knows what is required to take on the responsibilty. The fact that he'll play an important part in the centre of our midfield means that he'll be able to have a massive impact on the game and is in the prime position to infuence the game and his team mates.

I think this is a good move by Souey, because it'll force Bazza to lead by example, which by all accounts, he should be very capable of doing. By making Bazza captain, Souey isn't only making use of his experience as a captain at Rangers & Scotland, but also putting the onus on Bazza to respond and produce the goods.

There'll be no hiding for Bazza now, he's used to being successful from his time at Rangers and this desire to win will hopefully shine through.

Whether or not this benefits Flitty is another matter. I think it has more to do with the fact that Bazza will play all the games he'll be fit for within reason, whereas the return to fitness of Thommo and competition from Tugay and Douglas may hinder Flitty's appearances in the 1st team.

I hope Flitty takes this positvely and allows it to help him focus on playing his game. He's always been a vocal member of the team and his tackling and defensive work off the ball have been of great benefit to the team. I think he still has something to offer to the team when he plays, so I hope this isn't the start to the end of his career at Blackburn.

I hope Bazza being captain does not mean he can play out of position, take all our penalties even if he misses three important penalties in a row and blame grass for defeats

Edited by chris

i am expecting some sarcasm from this suggestion but a leader like gary neville.....would be great. he has been englands best full back in the last 15 years and battles for his country...some somebody of his stature would be welcomed by me....

what a great idea Blueboy

biggrin.gif

Yes our gary has been a liability over recent years hasn't he ?

I mean a player of such ilk scores winners against the then champions to win the game, he fights for every ball, he may not be classy but he works damned hard and puts his head in where the boots are.

yes our Gary is a liability tinykit.gifmad.gif

pure @#/? comments again tinykit.gif

8yrs at the club no less, so he has loyalty, let the fans give him a vote of thanks rather than disrespect him.

tinykit.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.