BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelski Transfer Madness

Just thought it might be worth pointing out because when these stories emerge they usually happen in regards Chelsea.

If these sort of transfers happen over the summer then there are going to be a lot of available players knocking about on the relative cheap. Any fringe player at Stamford Bridge seems to be finished so Gronkjaer, Zenden, Melchiot and even Cole and Hasslebaink could well become available.

Duff, Crespo, Lampard et al might just be thinking that Roman is actually taking the ###### now too despite being established first teamers. The managers on the way out before he gets to finish a great run in the Champion league and go for second, and no one knows where they stand.

Im beginning to smell trouble at the bridge....

link

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I smelt trouble at the Bridge months ago wink.gif We don't have much hope in getting any of those fringe players btw sad.gif

On a side note, Tottenham must be p*ssed, Chelsea have taken their mantle as the team linked to everybody (though they actually come through laugh.gif)

As I posted elsewhere, these bids are inevitable.

OK imagine you are Abramovich. You are just about to receive £2 billion in readies from the sale of a minority stake in Sibneft to Total having trousered £600m earlier in the year from selling the odd interest in Aeroflot and aluminium production.

The biggest risk to yourself comes from Putin cracking down on the oligarchs so apart from putting your cash beyond the Russian taxman what's the best bet?

Make yourself too public for Putin to be able to touch you- hence the smart move to buy Chelsea.

£250m later, Chelsea is probably still worth more than the cash you have splashed on it. So what now?

For the relatively modest outlay of £150m you can buy all of

Beckham

Ronaldo

Ronaldinho

And have the biggest marketing power in the world of soccer by far.

It will be nice having seen Abramovich stuff the chances of the middle ranking English clubs by buying their best players now to fillet La Liga of its three most marketable assets.

So what are you waiting for Roman?

As I posted elsewhere, these bids are inevitable.

OK imagine you are Abramovich. You are just about to receive £2 billion in readies from the sale of a minority stake in Sibneft to Total having trousered £600m earlier in the year from selling the odd interest in Aeroflot and aluminium production.

The biggest risk to yourself comes from Putin cracking down on the oligarchs so apart from putting your cash beyond the Russian taxman what's the best bet?

Make yourself too public for Putin to be able to touch you- hence the smart move to buy Chelsea.

£250m later, Chelsea is probably still worth more than the cash you have splashed on it. So what now?

For the relatively modest outlay of £150m you can buy all of

Beckham

Ronaldo

Ronaldinho

And have the biggest marketing power in the world of soccer by far.

It will be nice having seen Abramovich stuff the chances of the middle ranking English clubs by buying their best players now to fillet La Liga of its three most marketable assets.

So what are you waiting for Roman?

fair enough, I see your point. It makes sense if the money laundering/profile seeking element is a higher priority than actually winning trophies.

If he was trying to win the Premiership on the other hand messing the squad around so much probably isnt a great idea. Eventually players wont want to come to the club and the manager will have a complete nightmare trying to settle the side down.

Just out of interest what would happen if Putin prosecuted Roman for misappropriated funds or something like that? Could he be extradicted and the money be withdrawn from the club? Could he be challenged to account for the source of his cash by the UK government? Is he paying UK income tax (that would pay for a few schools on its own!)?

joey_big_nose

fair enough, I see your point. It makes sense if the money laundering/profile seeking element is a higher priority than actually winning trophies.

Just out of interest what would happen if Putin prosecuted Roman for misappropriated funds or something like that?

I dont believe phillipl suggested either of the above alegations.

Those are your interpretations and I presume are hypathetical queries.

joey_big_nose

Just out of interest what would happen if Putin prosecuted Roman for misappropriated funds or something like that?

I dont believe phillipl suggested either of the above alegations.

Those are your interpretations and I presume are hypathetical queries.

okay, i withdraw the comments.

I dont know whether the lad's cash is dodgy or not, it is just questions have been raised in the press and I was wondering if (if it is the case that he has funny money, which i dont know) Putin would have the power to pull him up and out of the UK. Purely hypothetical, innit?

And I wasnt insinuating anything either.

Is that enough disclaimers?

The Chelsea scenario at the moment is getting out of hand.

There is no doubt that out of the top three that Chelsea are the top of the spending and buying power of players.

Abramovich what ever way he has worked for the money well done to him.

It`s up to him more than anything but I think that his Chelsea team will turn into Abramovich`s dream team rather than what Ranieri thinks that the right players he thinks are there to buy and gel together.

Ranieri`s done a terrific job he`s done there under the pressure and strain there this season.

What I fear is that if other teams in mid table have a superstar such as Duff when he was at Rovers it only takes Abramovich to sign a cheque for what ever amount he wished to sign for.

Say if Stead scores 30 goals plus the season after that he might end up at Chelsea.

It`s to that stage now when football spending has become spending.

I wonder if Chelsea will have 'bought the title' in the same way we apparently did ?. Anyway, Chelsea would be the worst job for any manager, as you seem to have no say in who you buy, and the squad cannot settle as 5 or 6 more superstars come in. I just hope we don't loan any of their rubbish like the ineffective pair Veron or Joe Cole.

In the end they'll ruin themselves. Even with all the money there to get the club to agree to a fee and offer players good wages, if the players see the situation the club is in and the number of players already there, it is unlikely that players will continue to sign. So eventually I think that this singing anyone they want bubble will have to burst. Until then its entertaining stuff for the neutral and just annoying for the other clubs in the league and the ones who they are stealing their star players from, or in some cases not such star players. In the end I don't think this policy will bring much success to Chelsea, at least not as much as they would like, and I think it may well end up ruining several players careers, possibly including Duff's.

What I fear is that if other teams in mid table have a superstar such as Duff when he was at Rovers it only takes Abramovich to sign a cheque for what ever amount he wished to sign for.

Say if Stead scores 30 goals plus the season after that he might end up at Chelsea.

I feel you both hit the nail right on the head. My understanding is Abramovich had no real intereat in football until perhaps two years ago, now he's trying to live an entire life's experience in a matter of moments. For most fans you might just see a cup or championship (any league) once or twice in your life time. Abramovich gives the impression of being a child who must have everything in the sweetie shop - NOW! This is a fad not a passion born in childhood when Dad dragged you to the game.

There's little doubt in my mind he will continue to buy any player he wishes and will cast aside those who are no longer marketable or flavour of the month.

Eddie

In the end I don't think this policy will bring much success to Chelsea, at least not as much as they would like, and I think it may well end up ruining several players careers, possibly including Duff's.

For a lesser player it could well ruin his career for the great ones, such as Duff, the implications are more likely to be financial. Duff is reportedly on £80k per week, if he were to leave Chelsea his only realistic options at that level would:

1. Man Utd or maybe overseas

2. Massive pay cut

3. Sit in the stands

Seems to me all that glitters is not gold and some players will pay the heavy price of watching their careers just drift away. For Chelsea FC and its fans the sad fact is this; Chelsea will win the odd trophy today or tomorrow but there is no real fabric to this story, it's just instant gratification. Football clubs are about tradition and comparing say Man Utd, Arsenal and, yes, Rovers with Chelsea, what do you see? Three proper clubs and a billionaire's playing thing.

A great deal has changed in our game in the last ten years. However real support for a club will always be a generation to generation thing for many fans. I'm talking about true support here, the gut wrenching type, it has nothing to do with cheque books, sponsors, etc. For me this applies wether you support Arsenal or Carlisle United.

I wonder if Chelsea will have 'bought the title' in the same way we apparently did ?.

My thoughts as well, a topic that I recently wrote about on another site.

extract from :-

BUYING SUCCESS !

Something that bugs a number of Rovers supporters, including me, were the comments back in the early nineties and the continued comments by the media that Rovers bought the Championship with Jack Walkers money.

Whilst Uncle Jack financial involvement did pave the way for better days at Ewood Park, recent events at Chelsea puts into perspective the achievements of Rovers back in the mid nineties. Compared to Chelsea's financial benefactor Abramovich, Uncle Jacks financial involvement was minuscule, however he didn't set about the task of reviving the club as if he was a kid in a sweet shop.

Looking from the outside, the big difference between Abramovich and Uncle Jack, is that one appears to treat his involvement as a financial investment or hobby, whilst the others involvement was to full fill his boyhood dream of re-establishing his club in the top flight of British football.

Personally I feel sorry for Chelsea manager Ranieri, the pressure placed on him by the continued press speculation linking new managers with the club must be unbearable; so it is inevitable with the wealth of talent at his disposal, he is bound to tinker with the team to achieve success in order to maintain employment.

Whilst hindsight is a wonderful thing, looking back at Rovers, it is clear that they built a team, that played regularly together, creating a team spirit that bonded with the supporters, who knew barring injuries or suspensions who would be playing in specific positions. I wont go into the numerous transfer dealings and policies of Chelsea that is the domain of the Chelsea correspondent, however in comparison when Rovers commenced their revival Dalglish brought in a limited number of players to strengthen specific positions within the team. Maybe if he had strengthened the team further after winning the championship, we may have maintained our position as a force in the premiership.

To many football is a business, but pumping millions into a business doesn't guarantee success if you don't have the right business plan or product. Under Uncle Jack's guidance Rovers developed a business plan and Dalglish was given time to develop a product.

Maybe one day the media will give Rovers the credit for their achievements, however, I doubt it, when all said and done, we are a small Lancashire town who had the cheek to challenge the mighty so called big clubs.

just an update

chelsea have NOT spoken to any player that has been proposed in the media

chelsea have NOT already appointed Jose Mourinho as manager

chelsea have NOT agreed to sell duff and makalele

chelsea have NOT managed to purchase their own training ground despite RA's wealth as the local council will NOT sell for any price

and finally

just to really put a spider in the web

chelsea cannot do any transfer business until the pay off old fathead bates, he has the trump card as he retained the rights to the top floor of the hotel which RA wants to pull down to rebuild the stand. old fathead has managed to get an injunction which still has 60 days to run.

blink.gifblink.gif

chelsea cannot do any transfer business until the pay off old fathead bates, he has the trump card as he retained the rights to the top floor of the hotel which RA wants to pull down to rebuild the stand. old fathead has managed to get an injunction which still has 60 days to run.

How does Bates not letting a hotel be pulled down affect whether Abramovich can spend his money?

because the silver haired numpty refused to budge and then when they offered him a ridiculous amount of money to accept a deal he turned them down flat.

hence at the moment his interest in sheffield wed cannot be carried forward. they offered him allegedy around 6 million pounds for his stake in the hotel and the rights to the building.

he refused and after a lengthy dispute he acted with lawyers and now cfc cannot do business until the matter is sorted.

cant think of the word to describe the action but it was something along the lines similar to freezing operating accounts within a business blink.gif

Putin doesn't give a jot about Abramovich or any of the oligarchs - so long as they keep out of the political sphere . Now that the latter is effectively in exile Putin will probably have forgotten who he is .

Paul's explanation , on page 1 , is probably more accurate - the bloke's just a big kid , whiling his exile away by splashing his money all over the place on his new toy , Chelsea.

In fact , if he raises Beckham's profile even higher by bringing him to England , Roman will have more to fear from our friend , AESF... mad.gif

Edited by blue phil

It`s really getting stupid now with Abramovich who is prepared to pay over the world record for a transfer to get Beckham.

In the end I`ll predict that everything will go wrong, Chelsea have a small chance of winning something in the Champions League if they pull the tie back.

Chelsea if they don`t win something this season will have to win something next season without question.

Does Abramovich actually meet the players?

Chelsea must offer world record fee to land Beckham

Paul, I understand how you said "for a players of Duffs quality", but if he spends years playing only a few games a season (not that he has much choice with his current run of injuries), and ends up getting stuck at Chelsea as it could prove difficult to get one of Chelsea's "big names" away from them, you might find that a player who was once said to be one of the greatest talents in the world and possibly the best left winger, might well turn into a forgotten man. One who despite the level of competition he is playing in, rarely gets the chance to show just how good he really is, and when he gets to 34/35 (probably younger in Duff's case due to his injury record), all the money and Champion's League seasons in the world won't make up for the fact that he won't really have had the chance to play the way that he could have. I'm not saying he should have stayed at Blackburn all of his career, a move to a big club made sense, but anyone getting on board the Chelsea ship at the moment may well find that despite the lavish nature of the chairs, there isn't much leg room.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.