BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelski Transfer Madness

By the way, if you MB denizens are suffering your own personal Football Jones' - catch the Libertadores matches this week... all tremendous matches: Boca/Sao Caotena (spelling?), River-Cali, Santos/Once Caldas &

San Pablo-tachira... of all these teams, only Tachira is a cinderella...

Thought Cali were great against Cruzeiro, Moreno especially. Shall be hoping they can overturn the deficit from the first leg against River (or failing that, Boca to stuff River in the final). On the Chelsea thing, it's a sad fact of life that the mega-rich will always use the game to boost their own status and prestige, consider Berlusconi at AC Milan, not content with running Italy, controlling it's media etc. he uses his ownership of the club as a political tool. Abramovich is doing much the same with Chelsea, albeit in order to gain respectability rather than political influence (in this country at least).

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morph,

If you enjoyed Moreno...... Once Caldas have a midfielder by the name of Valentierra that is a joy to behold.. doesn 't run or mark much- but has the sweetest of touches... class oozing from his left boot.

That Colombian team is fun to watch as they string passes up and down the field.. I can also see Cali stuffing River as you say, as last fall they hammered them 4-1 in Cali... Love to see the River prima donnas get kicked in the gonads !

Also, these matches are extremely explosive .. I really don't know how the refs do it...

enjoy it. tinykit.gif

When Abramovich first arrived I worried about the effect on the game in general, I shouldn't have done. Abramovich is like a child collecting toy figures, his just happen to be live footballers, many of whom will end up forgotten, laying under the bed. No club will compete with him in the transfer market so his effect on the game in general is very limited. The man is a fool, a rich and successful fool, but someone who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Chelsea FC is a joke. I feel sorry for the fans who must by now realise they've been conned. I feel sorry for Ranieri who seems to be a thoroughly decent man and an example to all as to how those in football should conduct themselves. As for the players? No one forced them to sign, if they are unhappy with life at Stamford Bridge......tough. Take a pay cut and move somewhere else. It won't be long before Chelski targets realise they would be better off elsewhere and no amount of money will then persuade a player to sign.

When Abramovich first arrived I worried about the effect on the game in general, I shouldn't have done. Abramovich is like a child collecting toy figures, his just happen to be live footballers, many of whom will end up forgotten, laying under the bed. No club will compete with him in the transfer market so his effect on the game in general is very limited. The man is a fool, a rich and successful fool, but someone who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Chelsea FC is a joke. I feel sorry for the fans who must by now realise they've been conned. I feel sorry for Ranieri who seems to be a thoroughly decent man and an example to all as to how those in football should conduct themselves. As for the players? No one forced them to sign, if they are unhappy with life at Stamford Bridge......tough. Take a pay cut and move somewhere else. It won't be long before Chelski targets realise they would be better off elsewhere and no amount of money will then persuade a player to sign.

In a way I agree with what you are saying, how many "world class" midfielders can you have? A year or so from now, no way would a Parker whine his way from a top 10 club onto Chelski, once they see what has happened with those before.

That being said - I don't think the fans are terribly upset with a second place finish and a semi-final spot in the champs league (which would have been a final spot had it not been for one of the worst managed big matches in the history of the sport).

After watching the Champions League final, I really feel that Chelsea would be crazy not to hire Mourinho.

In my mind there wasn't really a gulf in class between the teams--true, Monaco may not be a very defensively-gifted side, but with Morientes, Giuly (and later Prso), Rothen, etc., they probably had more attacking flair than Porto. The victory for Porto came down to the tactical masterclass of Mourinho.

Call Porto whatever you like--boring, defensive, ugly to watch, what have you--the fact is that they got results. Mourinho was able to win the Champions League with a team full of good, but not great, players. No knock on Porto, as they are certainly a talented side, but Derlei, McCarthy, and Deco are simply not as talented as Duff, Crespo, Lampard and company. If Mourinho can implement the same type of lock-down defensive system at Chelsea that he used at Porto, the sky is absolutely the limit for the club.

That being said, it'll be interesting to see how he would get along with Abramovich and his "I'll buy whoever I want to since I'm the billionaire" attitude.

Like Maniche, Zahovic, Drulovic, Jardel, Candido Costa, Deco...

Who?

Maniche-Portuguese international, Champions League winner.

Zahovic-Sulky, supremely talented Slovenian. One of the break-out names at Euro 2000.

Drulovic-See above, except he's Yugoslavian.

Jardel-Prolific Brazilian at both Porto and Galatasaray. He was kicked out of Bolton for eating Davies's pies.

Deco-The natural successor to Rui Costa in in the national side. Champions League final star and winner.

That's who.

Edited by Rovermatt

I thought Mourinho played it cool over the amount of interviews he gave last night.

He’s a great coach and served Porto well and looks to be heading for Chelsea. I feel sorry for Ranieri out of this. Ranieri has managed Chelsea probably better than anyone else considering the amount of media speculation that has shadowed him over the season.

Peter Kenyon was interviewed and from what he said it’s clear that the deal for Mourinho is going to happen sooner rather than later.

If Ranieri has nothing to do with Chelsea I wouldn’t bet against him being in contention for the Liverpool job or for any other vacancy for the managerial role at another club.

Mourinho to quit Porto

I agree, roversismylife.

What it clearly shows along with other stories this season is that loyalty doesn't exist at most levels in football. Players will move whenever and to wherever if they so wish despite having a contract, managers will do the same and management have also shown that they will shift players and managers if they so wish.

They only loyal people in football these days are the fans, or atleast the majority of them.

It's sickening when players or managers or even board level talk about ambition. Why is it ambitious to goto somewhere like Man Utd or Chelsea. That's not ambitious, that's taking the easy route to winning throphys. Ambition is taking a team like Rovers and winning the League or Cup title. That's ambitious.

Ambition is taking a team like Rovers and winning the League or Cup title. That's ambitious.

What a superb observation and so, so true.

why does everyone feel sorry for ranieri?

he gets paid 2 million quid a year to deal with the speculation that goes with being one of the highest profile managers in the world.

he will walk into another job

he completely cocked up the most important games by the most baffling of team selections and tactics.

he had a better squad than arsenal, but decided to chop and change his team everyweek - unlike arsenal.

why does everyone feel sorry for ranieri?

he gets paid 2 million quid a year to deal with the speculation that goes with being one of the highest profile managers in the world.

he will walk into another job

he completely cocked up the most important games by the most baffling of team selections and tactics.

he had a better squad than arsenal, but decided to chop and change his team everyweek - unlike arsenal.

In a way you are right but really Ranieri hasn't had enough time, at the start of the season Mr Abramovich said it doesn't matter if you dont win silverwear because the team need time to gel and get used to the way each other plays so i think Abramovich needs to cut Ranieri some slack and give him the time that he deserves.

Edited by super_neill

update from the mad world of chelsea

lampard has not been offered a new deal

bates has rejected a 5.8 million pay off

cfc have had a reported bid of around 17 million for drogba rejected

mourinho has made it clear that if he is to take the chelsea job he wants his own backroom staff which total 10 staff !

Ranieri is wanted by Romas but he wont budge until cfc sack him.

oh to be a chelsea fan rolleyes.gif

Like Maniche, Zahovic, Drulovic, Jardel, Candido Costa, Deco...

Who?

Maniche-Portugeuse international, Champions League winner.

Zahovic-Sulky, supremely talented Slovenian. One of the break-out names at Euro 2000.

Drulovic-See above, except he's Yugoslavian.

Jardel-Prolific Brazilian at both Porto and Galatasaray. He was kicked out of Bolton for eating Davies's pies.

Deco-The natural successor to Rui Costain in the national side. Champions League final star and winner.

That's who.

exactly.

Candido Costa is currently on loan in derby county.

update from the mad world of chelsea

lampard has not been offered a new deal

bates has rejected a 5.8 million pay off

cfc have had a reported bid of around 17 million for drogba rejected

mourinho has made it clear that if he is to take the chelsea job he wants his own backroom staff which total 10 staff !

Ranieri is wanted by Romas but he wont budge until cfc sack him.

oh to be a chelsea fan rolleyes.gif

Despite detesting Bates I am hoping he gets a wad of cash to invest in Wednesday (my dad's club and my second team).

Also Chelsea do not have a better squad than Arsenal- more strength in depth, but in all the vital areas they lack players of the Gunner's quality and consistency. Duff, Cudicini, Terry/Gallas and Lampard (and even then he would have to displace Gilberto Silva) are the only players that Wenger would put in his first eleven IMHO.

I really hope Chelski just keep going around in circles as they are now. Half the first team want to leave, manager on the edge of a cliff about to be pushed and the only players they can buy are the money hungry journey men that no-one else wants or the pretentious gits with gobs of talent but atrocious attitude, that clubs want rid of.

The Russian will get the ***** and leave when he realises he's just pouring money in week in week out for no result, or his past catches up with him and the Russian State want their money back.

Either way Chelsea are going to do a Leeds over the next couple of years. Sooner the better. Then it'll be sardine sandwiches instead of prawn and every team in the FA will be laughing at them.

You can't buy success, just ask Leeds, Newcastle or Liverpool. I just hope I see Chelsea Vs Scunthorpe United on the league fixture sheet in a few years.

PS Come back Duffer, you know you want to.

Chelsea's treatment of Ranieri has been deplorable and the way he kept his dignity as the "Dead Man Walking" over the past few months does him every credit.

Absolutely right Jim. I just hope he doesnt settle for the Spurs job.

Chelsea's treatment of Ranieri has been deplorable and the way he kept his dignity as the "Dead Man Walking" over the past few months does him every credit.

Absolutely right Jim. I just hope he doesnt settle for the Spurs job.

He'll 'nearly' sign for them just like other managerial candidates Trappatoni, Taylor, Souness, Hughes, Curbishley et al, and players like Van Bommel, Rivaldo.......................... laugh.gif.

laugh.gif

personally I think that Ranieri could do a massive job at spurs.

If their sugar daddy come in as is being planned then he will be given ample money to purchase the right players for spurs.

Wouldnt it be then just what does that mean? marvellous f they finished above cfc at the end of the season.

#

Ps Old big gob Bates was absolutley right to demand the compo be paid straight away, I just hope he gets his own compo in as quick a time !

blink.gif

Disgraceful. Ranieri has been treated appallingly. Abramovich hasn’t a clue. Since Abramovich has arrived and spent all his millions on all the players he wants, he hasn’t had the same ounce of pressure that Ranieri has had.

Ranieri shouldn’t be ashamed; he did the job with enthusiasm and pride. Ranieri gave Chelsea there best ever finish in the Premier League. He did make a mistake in Monaco, probably his only one and the mistake that probably cost his job.

Chelsea’s loss, I wonder what Abramovich and co will be saying in years to come when it’s all failed, hopefully.

Ranieri would be a brilliant manager for any club to have.

CHELSEA CONFIRM RANIERI AXE

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.