BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelski Transfer Madness

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea are apparently back in with a mega offer for Ronaldinho.

If Abramovich's millions are to benefit the English game, surely it is to bring the game's megastars to the Bridge.

How SGE copes with half of his squad playing Premiership Reserve League South football then becomes an interesting question.

Ranieri will probably end up at AS Roma. Hope we can loan a couple of Chelski players for next season biggrin.gif

Well he said that is a great honour to manage a club like that...and it is his home.

I wouldn't mind also some Chelsea "hand-me -downs" either...

*Sigh* [Duff]

Chelsea are apparently back in with a mega offer for Ronaldinho.

If Abramovich's millions are to benefit the English game, surely it is to bring the game's megastars to the Bridge.

How SGE copes with half of his squad playing Premiership Reserve League South football then becomes an interesting question.

Surely the English players being pushed out will go to clubs like Liverpool, Charlton, Newcastle etc., whilst the 15/16/17 year olds will think again about going through the Chelsea youth team. I guess they'll end up at Spurs, Charlton or West Ham as Arsenal's youth system is full of foreigners.

This is Chelsea's current squad:

Goalkeepers

Carlo Cudicini

Neil Sullivan

Yves Makaba Makalamby

Marco Ambrosio

Jurgen Macho

Defenders

Winston Bogarde

Glen Johnson

Celestine Babayaro

Marcel Desailly

William Gallas

Mario Melchiot

Wayne Bridge

John Terry

Robert Huth

Midfielders

Alexei Smertin

Claude Makelele

Frank Lampard

Joe Cole

Damien Duff

Mario Stanic

Geremi

Emmanuel Petit

Scott Parker

Juan Sebastian Veron

Alexis Nicolas

Filipe Oliveira

Jesper Gronkjaer

Boudewijn Zenden

Strikers

Adrian Mutu

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

Hernan Crespo

Eidur Gudjohnsen

So next season, Zendon, Veron, Gronkjaer and Petit will have moved on but it is highly likely Beckham and three members of Porto's midfield will have arrived.

Parker and Cole will not get a kick whilst Bridge will be sub to Roberto Carlos at the back.

Edited by philipl

Been on the cards for some time that Mourinho is going to Chelsea and now it’s finally happening, I fear for him and Chelsea that it’s all going to go wrong.

No doubt Chelsea will spend millions once again this summer on several players and some will leave. Players like Crespo have done nothing for me this year.

If a player was offered a contract at Chelsea for any amount of money you’d have to consider it carefully. Ok, so you’re getting money, money like it’s nothing, but will you get a regular place no matter how well you’ll play?

MOURINHO ARRIVES AT HEATHROW

BENITEZ LEAVES VALENCIA

Looks as if he`s off to Liverpool now.

So next season, Zendon, Veron, Gronkjaer and Petit will have moved on but it is highly likely Beckham and three members of Porto's midfield will have arrived.

Parker and Cole will not get a kick whilst Bridge will be sub to Roberto Carlos at the back.

I really don't think Beckham will be in a Chelsea shirt any time soon.

He's staying in Madrid as far as I know.

Definition of profligacy - 5 goalies in your squad - good grief! ohmy.gif

The managerial merry-go-round is speeding up.

Ranieri is said to be heading back to Valencia, where he was coach from 1997-99, to replace Liverpool-bound Benitez.

With Mourinho going from Porto to Chelsea, Ranieri from Chelsea to Valencia, and Benitez from Valencia to Liverpool, how about Houllier to Porto?

Edited by jim mk2

Ranieri is said to be heading back to Valencia, where he was coach from 1997-99, to replace Liverpool-bound Benitez.

With Mourinho going from Porto to Chelsea, Ranieri from Chelsea to Valencia, and Benitez from Valencia to Liverpool, how about Houllier to Porto?

rather souness went there huh.gif , wouldn't you jim biggrin.gif

I read in a paper (the Guardian I think) a day or two after Houllier was sacked that the FA wanted him as their new technical director. He did well for France in that role, so he could help us.

The new manager of Porto will be former chievo manager.

don't know the name.

And Camacho to Real and Scolari to Benfica(not confirmed yet).

with these midfielders already Alexei Smertin, Claude Makelele,Frank Lampard, Joe Cole, Damien Duff, Mario Stanic, Geremi, Emmanuel Petit, Scott Parker, Juan Sebastian Veron, Alexis Nicolas,

Filipe Oliveira, Jesper Gronkjaer, Boudewijn Zenden + porto arrivals + becks or maybe ronaldinho + robben (guranteed left winger).

wouldnt mind either zenden or gronkjaer on loan or if duff did become available (fat chance) i would spend all our money on him. come back home duffman - all is forgiven

I think Mourinho is an astute manager that will do well... However, like Ken Bates said on sky sports - CFC are gonna have to be careful about how they treat players and stuff cos it could just turn into a joke and loads of mercenaries just going there for the ££.

Personally, like I said when Abramovich took over - I think it will all end in tears. Hope it does to be honest... just to show money cant buy success.

Everything that bold headed imp, Peter Kenyon has done so far has turned to ###### though. He was after Eriksson - couldnt get him, went for Beckham - failed and treated Ranieri like a piece of SH!T.

I'm afraid Mourinho will do well.

He is a top class manager. Very professional, very close to his players.

If it's true that he has given the coach position as well, this demonstrates the power he will have on the team.

This is the best decision Abramovich has taken so far.

Mourinho will do well. He’ll bring a disciplined look to the Chelsea team and won’t stand for any nonsense.

He’s a great coach and I’m sure he’ll do well. But sacking Ranieri was wrong.

Ranieri achieved second place and semi-finalists in the Champions League. So if Chelsea sacked Ranieri, it’ll be only fair on Ranieri that if Moruinho doesn’t win the league or doesn’t get to the Champions League Final then Mourinho should be sacked.

CHELSEA CONFIRM MOURINHO

"21 field players + 3 gk"

So, stars to be sold and loaned!!!

Assuming Veron, Zenden, Gronkjaer and Petit are already on their way out and that Mourinho wants 4 new players, there are 2 goalies and and 6 field players on their way out.

Edited by Oklahoma

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.