BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sky Sports

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone post fixtures on here? For the 5th time the rovers site does not recognise my username and password & I aint messing about with registering for a SIXTH time.

OK just for you

Aug 21 Soton (A) 12.45 (Drunk after the match)

Aug 28 Man U (H) 12.45 (Ditto)

Sept 27th Charlto (A) Drunk before and after!)

Oct 30th L/pool (H) 5.15 ( tongue.giflaugh.giftongue.gif )

21st Nov Brum (H) 4.0S ( Hmmmm)

27th Nov) Fulham (A) 12.45 (See Charlton)

4th Dec Spurs (H) 5.15 ( See L'pool )

Edited by Simon Says

Can someone post fixtures on here? For the 5th time the rovers site does not recognise my username and password & I aint messing about with registering for a SIXTH time.

Glad I'm not the only one with this problem. For once we actually can blame Lee Grooby as well.

laugh.gif

cant complain really

I mean 7 games pre Christmas gives Rovers some extra cash.

I know it plays havoc with peoples arrangments but for me I appear to have dropped lucky albeit the trip to Southampton will have to be a mighty early trek unless we set off the evening before, get lashed and crimp in the car !

tinykit.gif

Very annoyed with this.

I can only really do the London games if they are a weekend and are 3pm kick offs. The Southampton games also looks like a no-sleep-the-night-before effort.

Just spoke to JPW and looks like the Intack Minibus might not make its first appearance until Sept 11th at Newcastle and then again at Chelsea on Oct 23. sad.gif

This situation is starting to get stupid, with the amount of games that sky have and the non 3pm kick off's on Saturday. I mean, why dont they use common sense? We have to play Saints away at 12.45pm. Our away support isn't exactly the biggest in the country but how are we meant to get down in numbers for that kind of kick off time when it is our longest trip of the season? Wouldnt common sense see it, to us having the 5.45 kick off time so enough of our fans can get down.

Too many non 3pm kick off's for me, and this coming from someone who has only known football under sky so it not my tradition from the 'old days' or whatever. dry.gif

With Sky now showing 2 live games on a Saturday, it is bound to effect gates, not just at Rovers. Why are people going to spend money on tickets and travel to a game when they can be entertained in the comfort of their own home or local pub for a fraction of the cost.

Looking at the economics.

For £396 (£33 per month) you get the full sky sports package.

For £385 (loyalty discount- £20per game approx) you get a season ticket 19 home games, although 4 of those games have already been being scheduled to be shown on sky, 2 of which are ppv.

Personaly I cant see the point of paying twice for the same event. Therefore Sky subscription cancelled.

alot of home games on sky, will affect  attendances!

Well i was coming up to brum game and spurs game but no need now!

I'm not having a go at you modes but there's the whole problem in a nutshell - a proper, live fan who won't be travelling to a home game. Thanks Mr Murdoch.

1864roverite

cant complain really

I mean 7 games pre Christmas gives Rovers some extra cash.

Man Utd at home - lunchtime KO on a bank holiday weekend. Disaster for the live attendance - you watch we won't sell more than 20,000 in the home areas. Queue moans about attendance and 8,000 allocation to Utd.

Liverpool and Spurs 5.15pm KO - they are having a joke aren't they

Ar least three of the home games clash with other things in our household. I am totally ###### off with Sky.

Paul

Very, very disappointing news. Sooner or later we are all going to have to wake up to the serious implications of Sky TV, it will destroy the game, in fact it has already taken its heart, Murdoch is just coming back for the soul now.

Next season I won't be renewing the STs until I have seen the Sky announcement. With these fixture changes I have wasted the money on one ST which will probably only be used for 6 out of the first 10 home games. Those who believe Sky continues to be good for the game need to think seriously about the impact on the whole picture and not just being able to watch highlights 50 minutes after full time. mad.gifmad.gif

Personaly I cant see the point of paying twice for the same event. Therefore Sky subscription cancelled.

Remind me to buy you a beer next game Alan. I hope thousands follow your example.

paul if you seriously think that Rovers v manurescum will not bring a 29k plus crowd even at tht kick off time then your deluded. Of course we will grant the scum a full ticket allocation, of course we will have people moaning.

one way ahead for the moaners is that they should get their raggedy arses down to ewood for the first game which would grant them entitlement to a ticket application for the manure game hence this may stop a bit of the whingeing !

as for Alan, well mate all I can say is this. I contemplated cancelling my sky sports subscription and made a telephone call outlining my disgust at the price etc etc etc. As I have had sky since it first came about they gave me 3 months free subscription before I revert ot the usual monthly payment.

It pays sometimes to have a whinge at them and you never know mate you may get lucky !

tinykit.gif

also Paul, you might consider putting the mrs in her place and showing her that when our Beloved Rovers are being screened they take priority, she should go and do her ironing/washing and other household chores (not the hoovering of course) or bugger off to her friends house only returning when you have had time to calm down following the match rolleyes.giflaugh.gif

While lower attendances for the televised matches are hardly to be thought of as a good thing, Rovers earn far more from Sky for a televised game than they would by selling an extra couple of thousand tickets. TV money allows us to compete in the post-Walker era and means that we don't have to rely quite so much on attendances (although they are stil obviuously important). This is important because if you look at the teams that finished directly above and below us last season: Spurs and Man City, both get far higher gates than us, especially Man City and as Spurs charge their fans a fortune they no doubt bring in much more through the gates financially than we do. If we had to compete with these teams by relying on gates we'd soon find ourselves in a lower division. The Sky Sports TV money has been the possibly the greatest leveller in football since the minimum wage. Teams like Bolton, Charlton, ourselves and Leicester (before O'Neill left) can compete as they are guaranteed so much TV money each year. Unfortunately the Champions League has led to the very top clubs now being in almost a league of their own. So.....yes, the kick off times are irritating but Rovers need them to regularly stay in the top flight. Besides...their coverage of the game is fantastic and puts ITV and, to a lesser extent, the BBC to shame.

The United and Liverpool games should still attract large crowds despite being on Sky, as they have done in the past. Two years ago we played Liverpool on a Sunday lunchtime and got almost 29 thousand which is almost a sell out at Ewood, last year when we played United, also on Sky, the crowd wasn't much down. Rovers fans always seem to come out for the big league games, regardless of whether it is on TV or not. As for the likes of Fulham or Birmingham at home...we ain't likely to fill the place even if you let people in for a tenner, so we may as well get some Sky money for the games.

I'm not too sure but I thought we get about 250 grand for each Sky appearance, not too sure about PPV.

As for the 5.15 kick off times- seems a good idea to me. Last time we kicked off around that time in the top flight was Man Utd at home and walloped them 2-0. Great atmosphere, fantastic day and then straight out for a few celebratory jars, Some people seem like they are going to moan about anything new. While I can understand people complaining about Monday night games I can't really understand what is so bad about a 5.15 kick off time unless people have to travel a very long distance. It's not like Saturday TV is any good...who would rather watch the Lottery draw and Stars in Your Eyes than be at Ewood cheering on the team?

With Sky now showing 2 live games on a Saturday, it is bound to effect gates, not just at Rovers. .

Sky showed 2 games more or less most Saturdays last season. Personally I enjoyed the away games when we could get to the pub for 12 watch a match, then watch the Rovers and then back in to watch another match.

It's all personal choice but the facts are that Rovers make more money from being on Sky than they lose from the fans that stay away.

With Sky now showing 2 live games on a Saturday, it is bound to effect gates, not just at Rovers. .

Sky showed 2 games more or less most Saturdays last season. Personally I enjoyed the away games when we could get to the pub for 12 watch a match, then watch the Rovers and then back in to watch another match.

It's all personal choice but the facts are that Rovers make more money from being on Sky than they lose from the fans that stay away.

I don't think Sky showed 2 Prem games on a saturday hardly at all last season. There were a few Midday kick offs and that was about it. I think there may have been a couple of 5.00 pm kick offs toward the end of the season. They didn't show 2 Prem games on a Saturday often though.

I don't think Sky showed 2 Prem games on a saturday hardly at all last season. There were a few Midday kick offs and that was about it. I think there may have been a couple of 5.00 pm kick offs toward the end of the season. They didn't show 2 Prem games on a Saturday often though.

There were quite a lot of midday kickoffs. I like those, since I'm an early riser and the wife isn't. A nice 7:30 match without her bothering me is heaven!

As for the 5.15 kick off times- seems a good idea to me. Last time we kicked off around that time in the top flight was Man Utd at home and walloped them 2-0. Great atmosphere, fantastic day and then straight out for a few celebratory jars,

and five hours in the blues bar before kick off works for me.

Glad utd games on sky me and baby abs will find a bar with it on....i hope.

paul if you seriously think that Rovers v manurescum will not bring a 29k plus crowd even at tht kick off time then your deluded.

Nope not deluded - 20-21K home support + 8000 MU in the Darwen End is 28-29000. Same as your figure. Point is for MU we SHOULD, but can't for reasons we have discussed endlessly, have 28K Rovers fans + 3K MU.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.