Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] ***rovers To Return To Bray***

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on those pics,whose the girl with the caption "we saw her sober"

shes not too bad actually...

I've got another picture of her, getting changed in a Dublin phone box cos she'd put her top on inside out.

Publishable on receipt of bribery biggrin.gif

I've changed my flights so I'm only staying over Saturday night now (saving a valuable day's holiday from work) but I haven't booked a hotel yet.

I'll have the Smurf with me, but that rarely has any influence on my behavior Especially as she's usually more of a disgrace than me !

As for the girl in the picture, she's a mate of Jordan. Drinking at 9am at Leeds Bradford airport was no problem for Hotspot, Jordan and myself, with hindsight letting Jordan's mate join in was a mistake. She was well gone before we left Dublin airport for the city !

There seems to a lot fewer people from the MB going this year sad.gif come on folks, flights are cheap enough and it's at a weekend, what more of an excuse do you need .... oh, and I believe Rovers are playing too.

I've changed my flights so I'm only staying over Saturday night now (saving a valuable day's holiday from work) but I haven't booked a hotel yet.

I'll have the Smurf with me, but that rarely has any influence on my behavior Especially as she's usually more of a disgrace than me !

As for the girl in the picture, she's a mate of Jordan. Drinking at 9am at Leeds Bradford airport was no problem for Hotspot, Jordan and myself, with hindsight letting Jordan's mate join in was a mistake. She was well gone before we left Dublin airport for the city !

There seems to a lot fewer people from the MB going this year sad.gif come on folks, flights are cheap enough and it's at a weekend, what more of an excuse do you need .... oh, and I believe Rovers are playing too.

I'm definitely going.

Not sure yet whether it's gonna be 2 of us, me and the missus, or me and about 15 lads, but will let you know ph34r.gif

Anyone know what ticket arrangements were last year. Is it just pay on the gate.

Officially was ticket only, but in fact tickets were sold on the gate. The attendance should be less at this one, as its a Saturday evening match, that's from Bray themselves, not my opinion. If you want to be sure tickets will be available from Rovers, Bray, and probably ourselves(if I like you laugh.gif , seriously only as a last resort, we have enough problems for these things without dealing with loads of tickets mate, we may have some extra on the day, of course we wouldn't dream of selling them at the pub wink.gif )

Four of us from Chorley have just booked. Fly out Saturday from Manchester, the prices on Ryan Air are going up now must be a few going....how many can Bray's stadium hold?

We've booked a hotel in Rathmines area of Dublin can anyone tell us how far Temple Bar area is from there?

Edited by key76

That happens in Ireland as well does it Rich. I sometimes go to watch Hereford United and we always have a laugh at what the "Official" attendance is recorded as. It seems to be about 500-1000 different.

Other clubs do it as well, Its a well known fact that Burnleh have 25000 at every home game and they take 10000 away biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Rathmines is about 3km directly south of Temple Bar, its a suburb on the south of Dublin, have absolutely no problems getting around though, buses are regular, taxi's cheaper than the ones in Blackburn. Could walk it easily enough too.

Managed to book a ferry from Holyhead to Dublin 0230 Saturday morning for £17.50 return. Coming back Sunday morning on the 0905.

Including hotel in Rathmines comes to £50 all in. (Minus beer tokens of course biggrin.gif )

I really enjoyed last year, and looking forward to this years match tinykit.gif

Ricky, we've just had one last week, we had The Irish Rovers, Bray Wanderers, 2 teams from Kildare County, AFCD and the Northern Irish Branch taking part. From when I was speaking to the lads before I left they had decided that if someone else organised the tournament(not as ridiculous as it sounds, I did one in Blackburn after all) we would have 1 or 2 teams entered, but to be honest the hassle of organising another tournament, a lot of that hassle caused by unneccesary messing around by the other teams participating, wasn't worth it from their own point of view. We tried to convince Bray Wanderers to organise it this time, but they weren't having any of it, refused point blank, which is fair enough, they obviously know what a pain it is. So in answer to the question, no they almost certainly won't be, but if anyone wants to organise something I can get you a couple of teams from ourselves, contact numbers for the other teams who participated in our three tournaments over the past year, and contact details for the pitches in Loughlinstown were we held it last year, send us a pm or email if you're interested.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.