BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] ***rovers To Return To Bray***

Sorry to be a pain Dr. Rich but can I ask you a favour or anyone for that matter. Where in relation to Temple Bar is Lower Leeson St. I've been to dublin before and stayed on the south of the Liffey so I know a bit of Dublin, but for some reason can't find this place on a map.

cheers in advance

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries Manchester Blue, it's actually just a bit further on from where Ricky is staying, basically you go around St. Stephens Green(at the bottom of Grafton St.), you go down the West side of the Green(as in keep going the direction you are, away from the River Liffey) turn onto the South side of the Green, and just follow that road along down the street it leads directly onto.

Shows Leeson St. pretty prominently on the bottom of this map

I'm pretty sure there's only one Oliver St. John Gogarty, Jordan, it's well known to the taxi-drivers anyway, they'll be used to taking all the tourists there tongue.gif

It probably opens at about 10.30 in the morning or something silly like that, possibly even earlier given its location.

anybody have any links for a cheap hotel thats still available in or reasonably near the city centre? a couple of twin rooms or a quad, any help much appreciated.

and also,is it me or is there no rail transport available back from bray to dublin on the day of the game,thats how it seems on www.irishrail.ie unsure.gif

I struggled to find a double for less than £100 last night, pretty much everywhere seems booked up.

I ended up booking in at the Camden Court Hotel using www.bookassist.com

There were plenty of DARTs from Bray last year, but I guess things change.

Ah Ha !

I'm sure the good doctor can confirm this, but i'm guessing you'll want a DART back to Pearse (which run every 15 mins or so) rather than Dublin Connolly (which you have to change at Pearse for anyway).

I'm right in thinking that Pearse is a. Near enough the centre and b. right outside the North Star Hotel aren't I Rich ?

I'm guessing those of us that can't make the St. John Gogarty (which probably includes myself and the smurf) will be meeting up in Kirsty Kattie Gallaghers then ?

Ste, are you bringing the flag so people can find others from the board ?

cheers glenn,appears to be working with pearse as the destination,23.20 being the last one,so thats spot on.

managed to find a hostel for £22 a man in the centre with our own room,don't mind slumming it seeing as it's basically only being used to store the toothbrushes.

I'm guessing those of us that can't make the St. John Gogarty (which probably includes myself and the smurf) will be meeting up in Kirsty Kattie Gallaghers then ?

Ste, are you bringing the flag so people can find others from the board ?

I will be bringing the flag yes. Look out for a big StGeorges cross with www.brfcs.com and a good few signatures on.

We are actually staying in the hostel behind Gogartys hence the suggestion for meet up.

Katy Gallagers before the match, and JD's afterwards seem to be reasonable suggestions, although there are a few pubs up the hill from the ground which we didnt try last year.

I'm sure the good doctor can confirm this, but i'm guessing you'll want a DART back to Pearse (which run every 15 mins or so) rather than Dublin Connolly (which you have to change at Pearse for anyway).

I'm right in thinking that Pearse is a. Near enough the centre and b. right outside the North Star Hotel aren't I Rich ?

Yeah there's been a lot of renovations, upgrading and general messing around with the Dart lines over the past year, so they are probably a bit different to the last time due to the ongoing works with both the railway lines and the LUAS.

You're half right Glenn, Pearse Station is the third biggest station in Dublin City, though much smaller than Connolly and Heuston, and is on Pearse Street which is near the centre of Dublin all right, in fact closer to Temple Bar than Connolly is, being on the south of the River Liffey. You can basically come out of the station, turn left and walk in that direction until you reach Temple Bar, well you'll hit Dame Street/Trinity College, but should be able to find your way from there.

Location here, it's number 14 on the map

However it's not opposite the Por., sorry North Star Hotel, that's where Connolly Station is.

Looking forward to it now, The missus still thinks we are going sightseeing all day on Saturday. Not sure wether to break the news to her before we get there or just 'coincidently' pop into the same pub as all of you guys, at exactly the same time.

I can just picture it now.

Mrs R. ..Arent those lads wearing a shirt like yours

Ricky... ohmy.gif Oh ye, very similar

Mrs R....Why are they waving.

Ricky...Best not to be rude, lets go and have a word with them, maybe they can tell us the best pubs .........ooops places to visit.

Lads you'll have a great time at Bray and all the best who travel over. PLease take it easy on the Guinness and also on the Dub lasses, as both are in short supply!! biggrin.gif

There hasn't been too much interest from our own branch, due to a conflict of social events. I also can't make it, as i have to be in Dublin Airport at 9pm, for a 2 week break in Majorca.

Only other advice that i would offer to you, is make sure you have enough Euro with you before you head to Bray, because, if memory serves correctly, there is not a hole in the wall there, or they too are in short supply. I am serious this time.

So are you all bringing over another blow-up doll?

Anyone who's heading over on the Friday and looking for something to do, if you're interested, The Irish Rovers, sans my good self of course, are meeting up in The 51 pub on Haddington Road, Dublin 4. Details, such as they are, are here I imagine they'll end up somewhere in Temple Bar later that night as well, last year they ended up with the Rovers players after the game, won't happen this year, but I'm sure they'll find something else original to do.

Some information on the website about various things on the Saturday as well.

They've neglected to say what time it will start at, I'll try and find out today, I imagine around 7pm, I'll get confirmation that the lads haven't forgotten to bother getting it sorted anyway. Haddington Road is just after Baggot Street Bridge in Ballsbridge. To get there, go along the North side of St. Stephens Green, continue straight down Baggot St. , ten minutes or so and you'll get to the Grand Canal, go over the bridge there, take the first road on the left after that, you're now on Haddington Road, The 51 is on the far(south) side of the road about 100 yards down it from the bridge. I do have a map, but it's on my PC back in Ireland, so you're out of luck on that score.

Bloody hell Jordan are you flying to Sydney too!? laugh.gif

Sadly can't make it for the drinking tonight or the game tomorrow, I'll be sleeping off the effects of the meet-up in the Lord Nelson at the time.

<------ Look at my location mate wink.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.