BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Message Board Quality

philipl

Surely it could be arranged that any new member automatically receives a PM regarding this. Once that is put in place there would be no need for Admin/mods to do anymore. Like when you set up a hotmail account and get an automatic welcome/here are the rules message.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps Admin should PM new members with an individual message to add a personal touch?

That's a good idea, I'll try to put it in place.

Now then boys. calm down a bit. I've already said I think a welcome PM is a good idea - in fact I've strated to write one. Haven't any of you read the thread? smile.gifsmile.gif

If people get a nice welcome then they will feel more part of the community and might not see this place as just a normal MB where you can just post whatever, but actually feel like you are contributing towards certain discussions and being a part of the group.

Good idea - I reckon the good Dr Rich should personally visit every potential member and give them all a big welcoming hug.... thumbs-up.gif

If people get a nice welcome then they will feel more part of the community and might not see this place as just a normal MB where you can just post whatever, but actually feel like you are contributing towards certain discussions and being a part of the group.

Good idea - I reckon the good Dr Rich should personally visit every potential member and give them all a big welcoming hug.... thumbs-up.gif

wow what service! he's just visited me in Southampton and gave me a hug and a peck on the cheek blink.gif

This is my favourite site on the net. Long may it continue!

Don't we know it.

Messageboard incontinence, known in the medical profession as

fourlaneblueexcessivepostumopinionsoneverysubjectoutofrectumitis

Ive been on this messageboard for almost 3 years and I have to say that there's always been quite a lot of crap, much of it my own, but that is what makes it so amusing, controversial and stimulating.

wow what service! he's just visited me in Southampton and gave me a hug and a peck on the cheek blink.gif

Well I have flown all the way to Australia to give the members here the same service... biggrin.gif

Living down here in Oxfordshire, this board is my main link to all things Rovers.

If only the boys Bob and Sox took things a bit more seriously then the threads would be all the more informative wink.gif

The board is fine.

Keep up the good work guys.

I think all of the problems that have been highlighted here are connected. Often opinions are repeated and questions asked that have already been answered, this is obviously a result of members not reading all of what has been posted previously on the relevant thread. This may well be a result of the fact that so many posters end up getting involved in inside jokes and conversations unrelated to the topic nowadays in topics that don't need it, that many members cannot be bothered to catch up as they know they may end up reading a topic where 50% of the posts have nothing to do with what they are trying to learn about.

Of course, no matter what happens, this will happen, and that is fine. It is normal that sometimes members of this board, who often become good friends, will engage in friendly banter and conversations not directly related to Blackburn Rovers or football. However, I feel that nowadays this happens all too often, and I suppose the most I can do is to do my best to no longer become involved in topics that I see are starting to become jokes rather than serious conversations.

And you've just inadvertantly demonstrated the only real issue with the messageboard.

Chill out people. It's an internet football forum, not a G8 Summit.

EDIT: Quote gone, sorry Paul biggrin.gif

Edited by Tugay4England

For some of us T4E this offers the best, or even only, way for us to get accurate (of course not always) information and news regarding Blackburn, and also, as is basically my case, it offers the only place where we can have a discussion about British football with those who know the game well. Nice as it is to see a topic you are interested in ruined by someone who wants to include some irrelevant inside joke into the subject I'd prefer to see it not happen.

You are right, it's not a G8 summit, but at the same time the message board is not a joke site. The message board is there for football discussion with of course the banter and jokes that come along with it. For those who want to simply have a laugh there is the ICBINF section where you can basically do whatever you please and if anyone is interested they will become involved.

This is exactly the point Eddie - the people that have a laugh also contribute a hell of a lot of good points to serious discussions. They can balance the two, and do it well. Not every post that is made needs to be mindblowingly insightful - of course these are important, but the banter and goodwill is equally so.

Edited by Tugay4England

You're never hanging out with your friends, wearing your Accy Stanley shirt that Nike paid the club to be able to produce, and in the middle of a serious discussion people start joking (inside jokes or not) and it shifts from there? Someone else talked before about how this is just our own little online pub/gathering spot, and that is how I consider it.

laugh.giflaugh.gif

See, a post that like is far far preferable in my eyes to yet another person going over the same old crap about Andy Cole. You can only seriously discuss things for so long until you've done it to death, which is when lightening the mood can help.

• 2 weeks later...

For what it's worth, it doesn't strike me as being any better or worse than it was when I went on maternity leave in December. There will always be some who irritate others etc. but generally speaking the debate on this board is both informative and entertaining.

Would it be possible to prevent users quoting the response immediately above them?

[cliquey-mode on - AS, been on leave until now having had baby no. 3, but now back at work and catching up on board politics which is an essential part of my day, time allowing. My connection from home was so slow I only logged in a couple of times, plus I was kind of busy! wink.gif ]

I am with Manchester Blue on this topic.

I too have met some of the members, MB, scotty and Pennyduff and survived !!

But seriously its all about opinions and good natured banter, the insults are also part of it !

Big effort to keep it going like it is.

• 1 month later...

Just been looking through old ICBINF threads looking for the anti-virus threads when I stumbled across this one.

Fair dos, the quality of posting is back to its high standard. thumbs-up.gif

Thank goodness school is back and Lee is accomodating the little darlings on the official site. rover.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.