BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Message Board Quality

philipl

The only 2 negative comments I have to make are:

there are a number of people who don't go to matches but repeat other people's opinions.

there are some people who perhaps go over the top with those people with whom the don't agree.

I took a bit of a beating when I suggested that first point of yours. Just change the first 'people' word with 'foreigners' and thats basically what I said. laugh.gif

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted my opinions on Blackburn Rovers on a Newcaste fans forum that Paul gave a link to not long ago and the quality is so far inferior to that of this site its unreal. I agree that this site has just the right balance of serious debate and banter. I have no complaints, thanks guys smile.gif

I think the message board quality debate rests on two things.

1. The school holidays. When the schools are in, there tend to be fewer infantile posts. That isn't to say that younger members don't give valid opinions or that older ones aren't prone to being infantile, but it is noticeable that during the holidays there is a higher proportion of posts saying things like "Wot we need 2 do iz spend 10mil on a strika from Brazil like De Ponco coz e iz reely gud on Prem Manager".

2. Having something to talk about. When the footy season ended the quality of the board was, in the main, very poor. If it's not raging debates about race/religion and so on, it's 70+ pages on the new kit and people being worried about who the new kit manufacturer would be. Now that the season has started again we have something proper to fall out about so the quality goes up.

No moans at all. Not only is this the best Rovers site by a country mile, it is also THE best football site.

Posters on here are generally articulate and whilst we do not necessarily agree with one another, everyone seems to be able to explain their point of view so that the reader can understand where they are coming from.

I have been on all of the Rovers sites and believe me when I tell you that this is the best run of the lot. The thinking man's site!

The only 2 negative comments I have to make are:

there are a number of people who don't go to matches but repeat other people's opinions.

there are some people who perhaps go over the top with those people with whom the don't agree.

I took a bit of a beating when I suggested that first point of yours. Just change the first 'people' word with 'foreigners' and thats basically what I said. laugh.gif

What you said and what he said are COMPLETELY different things. He pointed out people who repeat what has been heard, but not seen (no matter where they live), while you said people aren't real fans if they don't live in Blackburn and can't comment on the match, even if they saw it on television (done before you started commenting on the Arsenal match you weren't at). When we watch the match, we aren't repeating other people's opinions.

Some of the people you were complaining about usually don't comment on matches they haven't seen on TV. 92er never said anything about being a better fan because he goes to matches.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.