BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Matteo Signs

Solidness, solidity - whats the difference wink.gif

But yeah, I agree. Someone who can partner Amo, who isnt actually one of the few people in the country who is slower than him, like Craig Short.

I'd rather see Matteo and Short.

i am willing to accept that Amo and Matteo will start, I hope that Amo will prove himself over the next 10 games of the season, now that he has no injury excuse.

thankfully we have Gray who is 10x better the Gresko, and now Matteo should be ableto support Amo, Neill has to prove himself this season aswell.

Also still would like to see Flitcroft in the starting line up ahead of Tugay, Flitcroft can at least protect the back four playing defensively, allowing Depedro, Emerton and Ferguson to be more offensive then if Tugay was in theteam.

Still pleased with Matteo signing, hopefully his legs is OK, and lets keep a look out for some younger bargins now

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No info on wether we're in the market for another player as of yet. If we are, I'd prefer us buying a younger CD - we're quite nicely equipped in the other positions IMO. No more strikers, that's for sure, perhaps that McGoldrick fella if he's any good. Performance-based payment plan seems good if you ask me... I think that £4,000,000 transfer budget was a load of ###### btw.. Let's save money for January, and first and foremost for next summer!

If there was a 4million kitty for him to spend, perhaps it was also to take into account the wages of the players as well. Hope not, because a cm may not go amiss in the Jan transfer window, seeing as Toogs has only 1 year, Flitty will be past it soon, etc.

Unless DOuglas will play in the middle. Didnt see too much of him there last year.

Does anyone know if it's being said or has been said whether this is likely to be the last signing of the summer?

Whilst we haven't spent anything on transfer fees we all know there is no such thing as a "free" transfer these days. Even Dickov will be on very hefty wages.

The problem we have at the moment is that 3 names have been added to the already creaking wage bill with no-one out. Can't see anyone else joining under those circumstances.

Having said that we were also carrying Babbel and Baggio/Andresen extra on the wage bill last season. If Yorke, Todd and Flitcroft were suddenly to be offloaded the situation would no doubt look different.

Good signing for the price - or lack of a price. Although, no doubt his wages will be up there with our top earners.

My first choice centre half pairing would be Matteo and McEveley. Let's throw Jay into the deep end again and see if he can reproduce his form when he played left back for the reserves. Short can still do it, and perhaps Nisse, but I still hold to the view that Amoruso is not good enough for the Premiership.

I read quotes from Souey extolling Matteo's versatility. Let's hope we don't have to play him in central midfield. He did reasonably well there for Leeds but it simply isn't his position.

Final point, for left back we have Gray, Matteo and McEveley who can play there. Let's get rid of Gresko ASAP.

not necessarily so Rev

it is reported that he was only around 12-13 k a week at Leicester so I cannot see him picking up a major increase for Rovers.

Rovers have some good deals in the bag and APPEAR to have cash left over, is there a chance of a fourth and final signing ?

AMORUSO anyone ?

seen to arrive in England destination club unknown. unsure.gif

sometime T4E you sound exactly like a dingle !! rolleyes.gif

Amoruso the striker from the german leagues was seen arriving at London and his agent refused to disclose the club he was going to have talks with.

Appeared on SKYSPORTS this morning thumbs-up.gif

The problem we have at the moment is that 3 names have been added to the already creaking wage bill with no-one out. Can't see anyone else joining under those circumstances.

If Yorke, Todd and Flitcroft were suddenly to be offloaded the situation would no doubt look different.

Well, there's still a way to go before the end of August - any of these players could be on their way by then. And we could be adding Steven Reid to that list if recent rumours prove to be true.

Matteo's an excellent addition in my view, given the market we are shopping in currently. Another leader on the pitch can only be a good thing.

not necessarily so Rev

it is reported that he was only around 12-13 k a week at Leicester so I cannot see him picking up a major increase for Rovers.

Rovers have some good deals in the bag and APPEAR to have cash left over, is there a chance of a fourth and final signing ?

AMORUSO anyone ?

seen to arrive in England destination club unknown. unsure.gif

Hmmnm.............. I know he's by no means in the top bracket of earners but I still see £650k p.a. as a reasonably "hefty" chunk out of our wages budget.

Still can't see anyone one else coming in if there's no movement out. Any two senior players moving elsewhere and I think there'd be a fair chance.

Amoruso the striker from the german leagues was seen arriving at London and his agent refused to disclose the club he was going to have talks with.

Isn't this Marcio Amoroso, recently released by Dortmund ? He's reported to be having talks with Liverpool.

how much did souey have to spend this summer, i can remember hearing £4 million. if this is true then we should still have that left to spend on 1 player. which could buy us a very good player or even wages for someone on a free. (jimmy floyd ???) rover.gif

If only.....

JFH is going to Qatar to play alongside the De Boer's seems he really is only interested in the dollar so wouldn't have been all that good a signing.

p.s Skysports report says he denys this now so who knows what to believe as they had him quoted this morning confirming it.

Edited by Manchester Blue

forgive me if i don't go shouting from the rooftops.

i REALLY hope matteo does well, but i just this fear that he's yet another cole/yorke etc looking for a final premiership payday.

The reality is that his career has been blighted with injuries which i doubt will get better over the next three years.

if our starting central defenders are going to be a combination of short/amo/matteo i can see us being solid at the back when stationary, but if we push up the pitch we will either get cut to pieces or give away dangerous free kicks by having to haul people down or block them (especially amo who relies on this tactic already).

i think gresko can still do a job as cover for pedro as we are not exactly blessed with lefties.

Still can't see anyone one else coming in if there's no movement out. Any two senior players moving elsewhere and I think there'd be a fair chance.

wacko.gifmellow.gif

Bloody hell, I agree with Revidge about something!

I need a sit-down.

Please Yorke, have some pride and hop it. (Forlorn hope.)

Nice call, Kamy, as always.

Great to hear that Matteo's joining on a free, and as long as his wages aren't astronomical then it was another brilliant piece of business. Three quality signings who will all at least push for first team places for a grand total of £150,000... whoever made the observation that Souness works best with a tight transfer budget is spot on.

If, as Rev said, Yorke and Todd can be offloaded to ease the wage bill, I would not at all be surprised to see another signing before the end of summer.

Great signing, I can’t actually believe we have got a player with Matteo`s qualities in for a free transfer. A player, who is a leader from the back, gets players fired up and a player who can only help the likes of Nissa and Jay improve gradually for when they establish themselves as the centre half pairing in years to come.

Brilliant bit of business yet again.

Blackburn sign Matteo

Wey-hey, it's 2.21 am local time, I'm off my box, and I've just found out we have signed Matteo after watching my uncle play darts. It's all good. But before I type nonsense on this screen I'm having difficulty focusing on, let me put my related thoughts in bullet points.

1. Matteo is a pretty good signing, as long as his knees hold up.

2. Keep Gresko, as he is handy on the left hand midfield position.

3. Please God, let someone take Yorke and Todd off our hands. OK, if Garry Flitcroft has to go as well, I'd sacrifice him to shift those two winkers.

Well thank God he’s signed at last. Not just because he’s a good player and because he’s free but more importantly because I’ve spent the last three weeks perfecting this song in anticipation of his arrival and it would have been a shame if all my hard work had gone to waste. It’s to the Great Escape tune…

“Dom Dom, Dom Da Dom Dom, Dom Dom, Dom Dom Dom, Mat-te-o,

Dom Dom Dom Dom, Dom Da Dom Dom, Dom Dom, Dom Dom Dom, Dom Dom.”

I did think about using the Imperial March from Star Wars.…

“Dom Dom Dom, Dom, Da Dom, Dom Da Dom,

Dom Dom Dom, Dom, da Dom, Dom Da Dom......”

...but I wasn’t happy with the lyrics.

Would I be correct in saying that you nearly split with yourself over 'ártistic differences' over the latter chant ? smile.gif.

P.S. Ironic that I can't find the relevent accent marks on a British keybord, yet I accidently put them in on a Kiwi keyboard. That's choice ay ?.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.