BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Matteo Signs

Some great chants, though realistically the best we can hope for from the Blackburn End is..

Get into Dom

Get into Dom

Brilliant!!!!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

The chants will only really improve when we get rid of the drummer...

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just seen a rover world interview with Matteo during training, he seemed very serious when talking and didnt seem to excited(but I guess having played for 2 'big' clubs such as liverpool and leeds, rovers isnt exactly a mouth watering move) Nothing that interesting was said just on how he will be working hard to get into the team.

Now then, the training tops- well it seemed they were just training in normal lonsdale t-shirts, so im guessing they haven't made the actually training tops yet.The training tops Im guessing would include the badge and number on the shirt, but what they were wearing, just had the lonsdale logo on.

Why not just sing that song that just went "down, down, down, down, down, down, down, down, down, down, down, down, down" (repeated ad infinum) but replace "down" with "Dom".

Dom, dom, dom, dom, dom, dom, dom, dom, dom, dom, dom....

2. Keep Gresko, as he is handy on the left hand midfield position.

And your proof is...?

Souness even preferred Nisse on the left wing ahead of Gresko, which is saying something.

Rovers should look to offload Gresko as soon as possible. He was rubbish in Italy. He's been rubbish for us bar that initial loan spell. And even that fine period of Gresko's Rovers career was embellished by the fact he had an on-form Damien Duff playing in front of him, occupying opposition full backs and wingers AND he was being compared to Nisse who'd played (or attempted to play) there before Vratty arrived.

Just on Matteo - I'll give Souness the benefit of doubt and assume that bringing in 3 older players this summer means that he believes that we have the youngsters in the set-up to bring through, and therefore we don't have to spend money on them. Hopefully, McEveley, Taylor, Donnelly, Johnson, Gallagher etc. will get a look in to flourish with the more experienced guys.

Edited by rover6

Feck Ass Sh*te..

Bad signing Souey..

So we have spent £150,000 in total of transfer funds? Surely we have some more money than that left in us to spend..

Well Dom Matteo is a crap signing and I've never liked his personality..

We're DOOMED! DOOMED!

I can't say I'm excited about Matteo but I also think the era of our making exciting signings is over(a statement of the bleeding obvious?). What is more important is that the signings actually improve the squad, that they are not injured early on and that they prove value for money.

On that basis the evaluation of the signings should be at the end of the season.

Aww why you so mean to me? Because my opinion is different sometimes.

I won't say I like the signing of Matteo if I don't...

As for me not supporting England at Euro2004...Get over it.

And I get slated for a topic one time where I said I admired Quaresma & Joauqin.... ooooooh big woop!

And I get slated for a topic one time where I said I admired Quaresma & Joauqin.... ooooooh big woop!

None of that makes you any less of an idiot.

And your proof is...?

Souness even preferred Nisse on the left wing ahead of Gresko, which is saying something.

Rovers should look to offload Gresko as soon as possible. He was rubbish in Italy. He's been rubbish for us bar that initial loan spell.

Yeah agree, he's so bad, you can see he has the ability in him, but he consitently has a rush of blood and lacks concerntration. Schoolboy stuff a lot of the time.

On the other hand I think Gray has been class and has another good 3-4 years in him hopefully

You only make it worse when you over defend yourself.

Matteo will add some more depth to the team and I think Rovers have a good team that will be able to compete this season.

No, but a more constructive argument than "Matteo is poo" would help your case.

Have a look on the ICBINF board at the MB Quality thread for some pointers.

And your proof is...?

Rovers should look to offload Gresko as soon as possible. He was rubbish in Italy. He's been rubbish for us bar that initial loan spell. And even that fine period of Gresko's Rovers career was embellished by the fact he had an on-form Damien Duff playing in front of him, occupying opposition full backs and wingers AND he was being compared to Nisse who'd played (or attempted to play) there before Vratty arrived.

Just on Matteo - I'll give Souness the benefit of doubt and assume that bringing in 3 older players this summer means that he believes that we have the youngsters in the set-up to bring through, and therefore we don't have to spend money on them. Hopefully, McEveley, Taylor, Donnelly, Johnson, Gallagher etc. will get a look in to flourish with the more experienced guys.

Well, I'm basing it on the theory that with Gray as left back, he can be more attacking. And then he is left footed. It isn't the strongest theory, but it must be worth a try if De Pedro gets injured. We can't keep playing Douglas/Reid/Thompson/Emerton out of position and hoping for the best.

The only other combination down that side I can think of is McEverley/Gray.

I'd really suggest that you read the "message board quality, declining?" thread in the ICBINF section before posting again. It is your daft statements and posts that force these, admittedly funny, one line posts of little significance that annoy other posters. Saying that, laugh.giflaugh.gif at T4E and Shilito.

EDIT: sorry Ste B, didn't see you already refered RD to the ICBINF section.

Edited by tcj_jones

I can't say I'm excited about Matteo but I also think the era of our making exciting signings is over(a statement of the bleeding obvious?). What is more important is that the signings actually improve the squad, that they are not injured early on and that they prove value for money.

On that basis the evaluation of the signings should be at the end of the season.

Couldn't agree more 92er. Even if we haven't made any exciting buys since Ferguson it is much more important that we make sensible buys that improve the squad. Besides our squad has the potential to be massively entertaining as it is (in a good way). Imagine if Steadinho starts the new season the way he finished the last, if Thommo comes alive like he did when he was first signed to rovers, if Ferguson plays up to his massive potential, if Brad and Lucas play as well as they did 2 seasons back. Could be a season to remember.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.