BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Sun - And Its Pile Of **** Apology.

SkemLad

Please don't take offence guys but I see it so often and it's beginning to get on my nerves.

It is spelt 'appalling' not 'appaulling' or 'appauling'.

I normally don't comment on spelling because I am not perfect myself but that one comes up so often that I am reaching screaming point.

Sorry but I needed to say it. sad.gif

I apologise for my problems spelling. After 11 yrs in this country i should know better. i was pretty sure id spelt it properly so i didnt use the spell check!

*Interestingly, i have just used the spell check on this post. After consulting my dictionary, ive found the spell checks wrong? can anyone help me? unsure.gif

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Can't think of a single newspaper out that doesn't dress stories up to be more than they are.

The Sun are by far the worst and having been part of a group who has been attacked and lied about in thier pages, I will never buy the rag again.

Unfortunately it stretches to local rags too now... The Accrington Observer and the LET have both gone downhill. The press are just obsessed with sensationalism and it really p*sses me off.

Can't think of a single newspaper out that doesn't dress stories up to be more than they are.

The Sun are by far the worst and having been part of a group who has been attacked and lied about in thier pages, I will never buy the rag again.

Unfortunately it stretches to local rags too now... The Accrington Observer and the LET have both gone downhill. The press are just obsessed with sensationalism and it really p*sses me off.

331672[/snapback]

I think they are resorting to sensationalism because they can't compete any longer on pure news reporting, losing out to TV, radio and internet broadcasting.

• 7 months later...

Anyway.........

My mate in the pub quiz, is a red hot scouse red from Toxteth. Went to Istanbul and all that. But tonight when we were discussing the delayed KO he knew what it was for BUT had no idea of the actual date and year of the Hillsborough tragedy other than it was around about April sometime!

Now it was a terrible tragedy BUT stories like the above certainly provide food for thought eh? Especially before we get the usual heavily agenda'd troop on here before the game. thumbs-up.gif

• 1 month later...
Which ones?

Im not being arrogant, i just cant remember.....

Would just like to know for interest/reference.

Thanks. tinykit.gif

220475[/snapback]

Off the top of my head, the massacre of up to 400 Vietnamese, many of them unarmed civilians, by US troops, at My Lae. The atrocities committed also included rape and sodomy. As far as I'm aware there was never an official apology issued to the Vietnamese people by the US- the only thing that happened was a single US lieutenant was charged. Think he served a few years or something.

Edited by bluebruce

• 7 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.