BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Andy Cole

I took the courtesy of sending the Sunday P an email, sorry if I stole some of your points:

Dear Sunday P,

Just wanted to inform you of a few more details surrounding the Andy Cole situation.

The facts (which you obviously have from a close source of the player or club) are quite correct indeed. Blackburn Rovers have decided to pay up the rest of Andy Cole?s contract (£3million) and let him leave on a free to Fulham FC, where they will also pay 50% of his wages ? spot on there guys! This because Andy Cole has been a bit part player since he joined, scoring a measly 37 goals in his 87 starts and 9 substitute appearances for the club.

But you missed the fact that Rovers are also going to offer the unhappy former skipper Gary Flitcroft to WBA in a similar deal, and pay 50% of his wages AND pay up the remaining part of his contract (£4million ? 2 years) too.

In addidion, both Fulham and WBA will get their pick of one addition player from the Rovers first team (not Andy Todd or Dwight Yorke as similar deals are in the making) and 50% of the profits from the clubs shirt sales over the next 2 years. And in an effort to build a good relationship with the competing clubs in The Premiership Rovers have also offered Fulham, WBA, Norwich and Everton 6000 free tickets to Ewood Park for their clashes with the Rovers. Early speculation that the lancashire club had limited funds for transfers have therefore been squashed as they are now splashing out £7 million on transferring 2 players to competing teams.  And at the same time they are not actually increasing their wage budget so this presents good business yet again from Souness and Williams!

Stay tuned for similar deals for Dwight Yorke and Andy Todd in the near future!

Looking forward to more on the spot news, as they happen, in your excellent newspaper!

Regards,

Daniel *********

well they are obviously doin their job fine to wind you up, as it seems. They have got our attention, and business, so I probably suspect they are laughing more at people like you than how 'false' the story could be

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cole will not go Fulham, from the horses mouth. He'll finish his top flight career at Rovers and either drop a division or retire after seeing his contract out.

Funnily enough he speaks very highly of Dean Saunders too ohmy.gif

Cole will not go Fulham, from the horses mouth. He'll finish his top flight career at Rovers and either drop a division or retire after seeing his contract out.

Funnily enough he speaks very highly of Dean Saunders too ohmy.gif

The most shocking part of this story is that Ossydave knows a talking horse.

No...the most shocking part is that somebody rates Dean Saunders huh.gif

Duff did too.............

Let's ignore that though, he's to blame for the season ticket fiascos, the kits and the leaky defence, God damn him mad.gif

Cole will not go Fulham, from the horses mouth.  He'll finish his top flight career at Rovers and either drop a division or retire after seeing his contract out.

Funnily enough he speaks very highly of Dean Saunders too  ohmy.gif

The most shocking part of this story is that Ossydave knows a talking horse.

Funnily enough I once spoke to Ruud VN too, what an arrogant clown mad.gif

Its bad enough that Souness is forcing Cole to leave the club, but what is worse is that he is going for nothing and we are still going to pay some of his wages...who are we?! Leeds?

I think its more to this than just the regular "papertalk", I also think Flitcroft will leave the club in the near future...(I'm sure Kamy would have confirmed this if he had the balls tongue.gif...)

Will be interesting to see if Souness has plans to sign more players this summer, or if he is happy with Dickov replacing Cole, which IMO is just laughable...

I guess it will be interesting to see if he shows up for training tomorrow then. If he's not there, then something is in the works for his imminent departure. If he's there, then this whole speculation is crap... at least for the moment.

I seriously hope these papers are just picking up on the Sunday People's story and not having actual sources. Souness has redeemed himself somewhat in my eyes for his summer signings so far - if he was to release Cole and pay him off, well then he quite simply must go the way of the Russian royal family and be shot in a basement mad.gif

Oh look it's in the Independent.

That's the rag Alan Nixon writes for in his spare time, when he's not inventing for the red top mob.

He can't have too much spare time, spouting the sort of manure he excretes must be pretty much a full time commitment.

i hope the question comes up tomorrow to Souness,

Press: "is there a reason why you are unable in recent interviews to mention the names Cole and Flitcroft?".

Souness reply: Who are these people?"

Press: "you know, the guy you made captain for 4 years and said you wished you had 11 flitcroft's in your team, and other name Cole is the player you signed to save your career in 2001, scored the winning goal in the cup final, the player you insisted had to go to the World Cup and socred nearly 40 goals in 90 starts"

Souness: Ofcourse i don't remember them , they are not Scottish!

Edited by chris

If this story is true, then I’ll be very annoyed with one person, Souness.

Souness has the right to do what he wants, buy, get rid of players he wishes to do so.

If he did this I’d be disgusted with him as a manager and a person. If it’s true then Souness yet again wants to throw out another good player. I’ve said this before, but I clearly think that there’s something wrong at the club which we don’t know about. Souness has had arguments, rows with many players since he’s been at Ewood, he has argued with Cole. It’s obvious that they aren’t best mates, both on and off the pitch, but surely, Souness particularly has to look at what Cole brings to the team.

Cole, last season proved that he wants to play for the club, he worked his socks off, game after game, scored goals and was assisted to many goals for others as well.

I hope it isn’t true, but Souness hasn’t hesitated in getting rid of players before.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.