BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Andy Cole

Has Tris seen this, it was written by Alan Nixon..

Alan Nixon is, and has been, the prime architect of many a b*llshit story. He is a prize nincompoop and he has the journalistic skill of a rotting banana skin.

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody knows that Cole will be due a huge payment at the end of the year, that means when it comes to selling him people will not be happy paying a fee for him because that gets us out of jail.

Therefore him going on a free would save us a lot of money.

Nobody is going to pay over the odds for him because there is no reason to.

The Daily Express reports that "Andy Cole will learn if his Blackburn career is over when the board meet tomorrow." He's played for them before it says, 14 years ago, when he scored 4 goals in 15 games on loan from Arsenal.

Elsewhere in the same paper "Wages Boom Takes Clubs To The Brink". BRFC Turnover 45.4m - Wages 35.5m - 78.2%. That makes us 4th worst behind Sunderland, Leeds and Fulham (who coincidentally are the worst of the lot - you couldn't make it up).

I'll not bother with the rest of the paper - tax hikes, Wayne Rooney, asylum seekers, blah de ****** blah.

Firstly let me say Im not shooting the messenger,

BRFC Turnover 45.4m - Wages 35.5m - 78.2%.

You been reading the chip wrapper paper in the loo again Bob.

Thats the year ending June 2003 figures.

Did it also state that Rovers made an opperating profit for that year ?

The 2002-03 season was a successful season for Rover, finishing 6th in the league and reaching the Worthington Cup semi final. As a result the club achieved turnover growth to a record £45.4m. Of more importance the club posted a small operating profit of £0.5m. (before player trading and interest)

The major problem for the club is the low gate receipts, due to an average attendance of 26,228, which were the third lowest in the league, yet the clubs wage bill of £35m is about the 8th highest.

The wage bill being 78% of the clubs turnover.

Accounts for Year ending June 2004 wont be available until around December. January. I fear the figures could be worste. sad.gif

Good! It would be a bit harsh if you shot me for that Alan! The article didn't mention anyone's operating profit in all fairness and it didn't single the Rovers out at being particularly bad - we were just fourth in the list - that's all. Maybe I should have said that they were 2003 figures, but as you've pointed out the 2003/04 season numbers aren't going to be much better.

First of all: 60k wages ??

That is just BS, didn't Duffer sign his new contract on a 35k wage? (before he got 70k when he signed for Chelsea?)

Secondly, has anyone of you locals read the LET today? Any news? If this story is BS, today's LET would write about it right?

rover.gif at the end off the day,if you play for rovers and you fall out with sourness,the only way you are going is out the door.

being devil's advocate i reckon,cole and his agent fanned the flames by reporting the manager to the pfa,how low was that.i have always found if you have problem at work,you are better sorting it yourselve and not involving a 3rd party.

if cole leaves,we will have dikov as our senior striker,i only hope the manager is brave enough to start with gally,and stead or has he saved the majority off his transfer fund to sign a major striker. tinykit.gif

has he saved the majority off his transfer fund to sign a major striker. tinykit.gif

Or another Centre/Rightback Waggy as I suspect?

Dawson from Forest - mmmmm......?

Matteo - Possible Centre Midfield (defensive) bet many have not thought of this or Centre Back?

Jansen - to quote Souness will play more of a part this Season -more chance for Gallagher?

Butt? - Possibility still

rover.gif from what i have seen off jansen i think his days as a premier striker ended,when he had his accident,was it on here someone said he would be leaving when his court case against the taxi driver was over.its a great shame but as a club can we afford to keep a player that is not clearly up to it. tinykit.gif

Sounes"We've got our squad of players together now and my priority now is getting them ready for the start of the season, not to be talking about people leaving.

"I'm happy with the squad we've got together, happier than at this stage last season, and am looking forward to preparing for the season with them."

that to me suggests that Cole is staying!! smile.gif

I just had a quick look at the BBC Football website and noticed the main headline:

Cole joins Villa on loan

Heck, I thought - but I calmed down when I spotted it was all about Carlton Cole not Andy (sorry, Andrew) Cole.

Ste

BBC has a quote from Souness regarding Cole: "There has been nothing official on that one. Our position is that Andy has still got a year on his contract."

That was exactly the same carefully worded quote used by John Williams a few weeks ago.

Which of course doesn't even address the question of whether Cole will actually be here at the start of the season.

Which he won't be IMO as I've said for a while.

I'm afraid, people, that it does look as if Cole has been frozen out and will be leaving.

He was first choice striker last season, so it seems bizarre that we'll offload him - even he did have his set-to with Souness.

Once we get confirmation of his exclusion from the squad embarking on the Germany tour, they'll be no doubts.

Who would have thought that Paul Dickov may be our senior striker next season? I thought he was a decent signing, but only as a squad player.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.