SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Andy Cole

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know they arent usually too reliable.....Teamtalk Link

Never rely on TEAMtalk as a primary source. The vast majority of their articles are recycled from elsewhere, ie SkySports and the press.

I know this because unfortunately I used to work there. blink.gif

I suspect Cole is leaving though. That Souness quote on the BBC doesn't sound good.

Surely he has a replacement lined up though? Otherwise it's a heck of a lot of responsibility to put on Stead's shoulders...

Edited by kingsleyamis

At least we'll get money for him, and we'll certainly not pay half his wages AND send him away on a free - that's the most important thing for me right now. If we can get a million quid and someone to pay all of his wages, I'm not so sure it will be such a lousy deal.. even though both De Pedro and obviously Steady seems impressed with him!

Don't get me wrong, I want him to stay aswell, but after having nightmares about Cole leaving for free and only half of his wages removed - things can only pick up...

The LET said the rumours that the Rovers were going to give him a free etc were a long way from the truth. We shall see what happens.

thought someone would have said this sooner, it was posted 2.00pn, puts a lot of ??? to rest

If Cole does stay now he will be under no illusions that he will have to put the work in for the whole season not just at the end. His divine right in the team is no longer there and there will be others given a chance if he doesnt perform, unlike last season.

Souey was on Sky last night in a piece on yesterday's press gathering for the FNGs & the new kit. He said what he always says when this type of nonsense is reported. We've received no bids or contact from anyone for Andy or anybody else. Translation: Until somebody comes in with a bid for a player that is worth considering, the player is on my club.

Has the full squad for the Germany trip been announced yet? I thought that's where all these rumours had stemmed from: the fact that Cole, along with Yorke and Todd, had been left out of the trip.

I would be disappointed if he left as his partnership with Stead in the final games of the season were really showing promise. I've been critical of Cole in the past, but the way he resonded to the falling out with Souness at the end of last campaign was really commendable. He got his head down and arguably played some of his best football of the season. It just showed that you don't have to see eye-to-eye with the manager to play well for the club.

Forgot to add that if he does leave, I would have to start seriously questioning Souness' falling out with players. It's one thing falling out with Dunn, Yorke, Gillespie, etc, who weren't regulars in the team, but to lose Cole, who is arguably one of our key players, as a result of Souness' working relationship with him would be alarming.

Here's hoping we see Andy Cole in a Blackburn Rovers shirt come the start of the new season.

Edited by kingalan

THE HAND OF SOUEY

Link >>> Mirror

....Souness flies off to Germany with his new-look squad tomorrow, without old faces like Andy Cole, Dwight Yorke and Andy Todd.......

.....Souness said: "We have brought in new players and there will be people who will think they are further down the pecking order. If someone comes in and makes an offer we will have to listen to it.".....

and

......Souness also claimed he had told Garry Flitcroft's agent that he was no longer captain and added: "I am happy with what was done."......

Souness has always used the press to issue little messages to his players.

I suspect the latest quotes are aimed more at flitcroft than Cole. He's probably one of the highest earners at Ewood and I'm also guessing that Souness was ordered to reduce the wage bill.

Gary has been great for the club, but we have also been great for him. We've paid him a great wage and given him the captains arm band for years.

He's had his time though and it's now up to a new breed of players to prove their worth. Souness obviously believes he has the players to take over, so its right that he should try and get him off the wage bill.

He is too much of a negative influence on the younger players if he isn't playing and Souness doesn't need another player who hates the fact that he's not in the team, despite the fact that he's not good enough anymore.

As for Cole - I think he'll be staying. It's no secret that the 2 don't like each other, but they don't have too. He can stay for one more season, pick up his nice pay off and finish his career in the MLS.

Anyone consider (and I got the thought reading a couple other posts here) that Nixon did get the story right, but the name wrong? It does sound like something Souness might do to get Yorke off of the wage bill...

Alan Nixon is an experienced Manchester-based freelance who has extensive contacts throughout the game. Agents, players and managers (Souness has given him umpteen leads over the past few years) who wish to get stories in the papers (for whatever reason) supply him with information.

His forte is breaking potential transfer stories, the type of stuff that the Sunday red-tops thrive on. Unfortunately, many of them turn out not to be true, which has given him a somewhat dubious reputation in the trade. I believe he was on the Daily Mail staff for a while but he did not last long. Quite why a respectable broadsheet such as the Independent uses him I do not know.

Dont read the LEt, living i nCambridge, but if it is true about Cole going, then I would suspect he's staying. Cole, Todd and Yorke are the known people at the end of Souey's dislike, and if Cole's gone, it screams to me that he will stay - either that, or he's sticking him in to attract some attention, but then surely Todd and Yorke would have gone, too.

Alan Nixon is an experienced Manchester-based freelance who has extensive contacts throughout the game. Agents, players and managers (Souness has given him umpteen leads over the past few years) who wish to get stories in the papers (for whatever reason) supply him with information.

His forte is breaking potential transfer stories, the type of stuff that the Sunday red-tops thrive on. Unfortunately, many of them turn out not to be true, which has given him a somewhat dubious reputation in the trade. I believe he was on the Daily Mail staff for a while but he did not last long. Quite why a respectable broadsheet such as the Independent uses him I do not know.

I think the Indie may be struggling to afford anything better Jim.

Your post kind of explains why he's coming out with so much rubbish about Rovers - he's probably upset Sir Alex and Keegan the Clown and is picking up what he can without spending too much on petrol.

Dont read the LEt, living i nCambridge, but if it is true about Cole going, then I would suspect he's staying. Cole, Todd and Yorke are the known people at the end of Souey's dislike, and if Cole's gone, it screams to me that he will stay - either that, or he's sticking him in to attract some attention, but then surely Todd and Yorke would have gone, too.

I'm not sure what all of your post means to be honest.

But I understand you can't buy the LET in your local newsagents.

Help is at hand though - do you have the internet ???

The LET gets delivered to the internet every day sometime after lunch. People post links to it on here, roughly ... every day. It's just like being in Blackburn, especially if you print it out.

I'm not sure what all of your post means to be honest.

But I understand you can't buy the LET in your local newsagents.

Help is at hand though - do you have the internet ???

The LET gets delivered to the internet every day sometime after lunch. People post links to it on here, roughly ... every day. It's just like being in Blackburn, especially if you print it out.

Makes perfect sense to me. And I know the LET is online, but reading posts here also suggests its usually a day behind, therefore, kinda pointless, especially when its on a subject that someones already scoured the LET site for.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.