BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Mystery Trialist

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hadn't it occured to anyone that there might be reasons why the club wants this kept quiet, and that as supporters we might consider going along with that? sad.gif

I to was thinking along those lines but the fact that it is reported in the sunday people blows that idea out the water.

Seeing as we are no nearer discoveringwho our potential new signing is yet, why not have a brainstorm to see whether we can work out who the player is or who has any GENUINE contacts or insider information.

I reckon the player will be aged around 21, of dutch nationality and play as an attacking midfielder.

I also still reckon his name sounds a bit like 'Patto' but maybe not.

So it WAS Pato all along ?!

Hadn't it occured to anyone that there might be reasons why the club wants this kept quiet, and that as supporters we might consider going along with that? sad.gif

I to was thinking along those lines but the fact that it is reported in the sunday people blows that idea out the water.

If the SP says that it was this Volpato guy and the match reports say he's black then we still have some doubt, not sure which is more likely. Problem is that its bound to come out sooner or later, but there's no reason why this mb has to hasten the process and potentially bu**er-up a promising signing for the club.

I was thinking about it, and it is true that I think it was Jordan who reported that the trialist was coloured. Yet, he then went on to make a mistake as to who scored the goals. Now wouldn't it make more sense, if he could mix stead and the trialist up, that he wasn't black?

By not sayin who the trialist was Rovers have made more people interest then if they would have said who it where. No dobut one of the big clubs will try and buy him now and we'll lose out.

By not sayin who the trialist was Rovers have made more people interest then if they would have said who it where. No dobut one of the big clubs will try and buy him now and we'll lose out.

What a slant that is. By not revealing his name, rovers are getting blamed for his name being released. wink.gif

Don’t think that’s true.

Whoever the player maybe it’s clear that the club have got it under control. The player, I believe is under trial so Rovers have the right to release the identity under the player if they wish to do so.

How can the bug clubs get him? Nobody knows who it is.

The case of the mystery trialist has been solved, it is this guy:

17-year-old Italian striker Romeo Volpato from Padova tinykit.gif

Did you intentionally ignore the 10 others posts where this was already mentioned? wink.gif

The case of the mystery trialist has been solved, it is this guy:

17-year-old Italian striker Romeo Volpato from Padova tinykit.gif

Did you intentionally ignore the 10 others posts where this was already mentioned? wink.gif

oops sorry. I just couldnt be bothered to read, what I thought would be rubbish about the triaslist.

my bad! tongue.gif

Guest kostas

Hi all, (first post, be nice)

According to the Padova site the Volpato lad was called for the Under-19 Championship (13-24 July)

"28/06/2004 REJ VOLPATO CONVOCATO PER L'EUROPEO UNDER 19 IN SVIZZERA

Dal 13 al 24 luglio in Svizzera si terranno le finali del Campionato Europeo Under 19. Nella formazione italiana ci sarà anche Rej Volpato"

Interestingly enough though, according to the Uefa site he is not in the squad

http://www.uefa.com/Competitions/Under19/T...m=66/index.html

Hmmm....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.