BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Mystery Trialist

I'm sorry but this is beginning to ###### me off a little... there's like a club of insiders who claim to know who the mystery striker is and are making everyone who doesn't know feel stupid.

Will someone--be it an individual, the club, or anyone--just spill the friggin beans already?

I know how you feel PR.

I'm sure you will agree that there is some need of secrecy with the signing of players. This guy may turn out to be a great asset but also we may never hear of him again, never mind even get to sign him.

We can also be guilty of blowing this news out of proportion. The story warrants around 50 words in the SP. It is over shaddowed by two Rovers stories.

1) Dwight Mare.

2) Flitcroft to Leeds.

I am sure that Andy Neild of the LET will have been aware of the players ID all week. He will probably have been asked to keep the story quiet for a few days but more practically he has to produce a piece of copy every single day. This week with the team going to Germany, Cole leaving, then the first game, Andy has had loads of more important articles to produce.

This 'Exclusive' will probably be in the LET on Monday when there are no other stories to write about.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hadn't it occured to anyone that there might be reasons why the club wants this kept quiet, and that as supporters we might consider going along with that? sad.gif

I to was thinking along those lines but the fact that it is reported in the sunday people blows that idea out the water.

If the SP says that it was this Volpato guy and the match reports say he's black then we still have some doubt, not sure which is more likely. Problem is that its bound to come out sooner or later, but there's no reason why this mb has to hasten the process and potentially bu**er-up a promising signing for the club.

where does it say that it was a coloured player???

Since when has the Sunday People been the fount of all knowledge?

£1 to a 1p Flitty stays at Ewood

and another £1 to 1p we can't get rid of Dwight Yorke

Why doesn't someone email the writer Alan Nixon? He got the Cole story right after all.

"The mystery striker bags a brace in the mystery new Rovers Kit" laugh.gif

Edited by BMan

17! no weight, no experience. Unless he's the next Ronaldo/ Pele/ Maradonna.............

Find it somewhat interesting that when we sign experienced striker Paul Dickov, "everyone" complains about Souness always signing to old players. And now, when we have a 17-year old Italy youth international on trial - he's too inexperienced ?

Edited by herbergeehh

are you sure his name is Romeo? everywhere i read about him i find "Rej" instead of "Romeo". But what the hell is Rej? A nickname? Sounds like hindi...

BTW i appreciate young talent signings, i don't care they've no experience if they're good enough. Remember Stead, again.

Rovers: We're looking at a 30 year old who knows the game inside out.

Rovers Fans: HES TO OLD!

Rovers: We're looking at a fantastic young young talent.

Rovers Fans: HES TOO INEXPERIENCED!

rolleyes.gif

tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

Sad but true

Apparently Souness now believes that any bid to sign him have now been jeopardised by the fan that spilled the beans.

Riiiight. Which of the two following options would have been the more sensible:

Option A

Bystander: Hello Souey, who's this young trialist who banged a couple in during the friendly the other day?

GS: Oh, just some young Italian lad we're looking at, Reg Something. He's only minor league but we thought we'd have a little look at him, you never know do you?

Bystander: Right you are then.

Option B

Bystander: Hello Souey, who's this young trialist who banged a couple in during the friendly the other day?

GS: Can't tell you, it's a big old mystery and no mistake. Huge mystery. If you do find out you absolutely have to promise not to tell a living soul, cross your heart and hope to die. Tell you what, let's just call him A. Trialist. That should do the trick.

Bystander: Right you are then. Where did I put the number for the Sunday People again?

Edited by Morph

The beans have been spilled officially. (LET)

Rey Volpato of Padova.

Apparently Souness now believes that any bid to sign him have now been jeopardised by the fan that spilled the beans.

You have a link to this can't find anything in the LET

Morph... apparently it turned out to be the latter option I suppose.

Seriously, maybe I'm just not getting it, but how would a bid to sign this Volpato kid be jeopardized by the fact that we know who he is now?

Because once news that he's related to Grabbi gets out then ST"s will be returned.

It could be any number of things couldn’t it? We don’t know. All we know for sure is that a fan spilled some beans and now Volpato is unlikely to sign for us.

Maybe they were magic beans and Volpato was last seen haring up a giant beanstalk in search of fame and fortune. Souey sent Deano after him and immediately started hacking it down. It's a small sacrifice.

Maybe the fan, overcome by rage at spilling the beans, threw the empty tin angrily to the floor where it ricocheted off an awkwardly-shaped stone, bounced up and hit Volpato on the forehead leaving him with a nasty cut.

Maybe, as Volpato was signing on the dotted line, the fan leaned over to get a better view and, splodge, he spilled the beans all over the contract making it completely illegible.

Whatever. What’s done is done. We can’t change things. What we can do as mature, sensible Rovers Supporters is hunt down the fan who can't hold his beans and give him a good hiding for his carelessness.

Suppose Rey is a nickname for Romeo, but it' also 'King' in spanish if I'm not mistaken. Promising name at least wink.gif But I've also seen it like Rej, which probably doesn't mean king... so I don't know.

Suppose Rey is a nickname for Romeo, but it' also 'King' in spanish if I'm not mistaken. Promising name at least wink.gif But I've also seen it like Rej, which probably doesn't mean king... so I don't know.

Rey means king, yes, but i have always seen Rej.

The beans have been spilled officially. (LET)

Rey Volpato of Padova.

Is this true. And is the player THAT sought after that the mere revealing of his name means another club will nip in?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.