BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sven

I've said it before, the only reason they all bum up to SGE is because he is too bloody soft. Everybody wants a manager that will let them do what they want and never publicly criticise them etc.

That trait is not exclusive to the favoured England players under Sven.

Every time a team is in relegation trouble and a manager is in danger of the sack the players chirp up about what a thoroughly bloody good bloke and manager he is. (Why didn't you play for him then?)

Then as soon as the new man comes in (which invariably sparks an improvement) it's all about how much more enjoyable playing and training is under the new guy!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have just spotted a poll in yesterday's Sun the results of which I think would be representative of a lot of people's views on here.

A vast majority (70%) disagreed Sven should be sacked for bringing the FA into disrepute after having two affairs.

Similarly 67% disagreed his affairs undermined the image of the England team.

However a similar percentage (68%) thought that at £4m p.a. he hadn't given value for money.

Wouldn't disagree with any of that.

As a manager he was nothing, he simply talked a good game.

But to me that's a large part of being an International Manager. The team should more or less pick themselves and the tactics can be taken care of by a coach. It is the motivation that is a key part and that is what Venables was excellent at. When you get to this level you can't really teach the players a lot because of the time you get with them so it's about extracting that performance and he could do that.

Hoddle to me was an excellent tactician but just could not seem to get the players to play for him and that's what matters at this level. It's about being able to turn a game round with a great team talk and that kind of stuff.

As for Palios going, if even half of what is in today's NOTW is true then it was inevitable. Clearly underhand dealing goes on but the FA have really been done up like a kipper here and it serves them right really.

The team should more or less pick themselves and the tactics can be taken care of by a coach.

Cannot agree at all there.

Who's to blame when things go wrong then, the coach? Of course not, the manager picks the squad, whittles it down and picks the team. Then he has friendlies to play, fringe players to select, a team to blend from that so that fringe players get a decent chance whilst being bedded in a familiar team, tactics to pick (does Tord choose 4-4-2 then according to you?), rest days and training sessions to arrange.

Yes, he has people to help him, but he takes their advice and makes his own decisions.

The team does not pick itself. The goalkeeping position is not simple, Neville G at RB and Cole at LB are the only automatic picks in defence, there is the question of who to play down the left in midfield (should there be a slot there, or should we pick a different formation?) whether to drop the erratic Scholes, and even Beckham, whether Gerrard's super-Scouse tendencies should be tempered in a more effective way, and then there's the forward line. Who partners Rooney, should he play every game? What about Smith, Vassell, Owen, Heskey etc etc. Considering variations in opposition players and tactics, when to rest players in a tournament etc makes it all the more difficult.

Sven does not turn up, say: "Who wants to play?" and tehn let them get on with it.

If it really was a simple job we would not be paying a turnip of a Swede 4 million bucks a year to shag it up, along with every bird going.

Maybe I didn't explain myself well but I meant that a coach can do the things like work on set pieces and training ground stuff. Obviously the Manager picks the formation.

As for the team well it should pick itself really. The keeper position is the most simple of all as we only have 1 decent keeper at the moment until Kirkland comes back. Campbell and Terry are clear first choices with Rio out. If Sven had dropped Beckham pre Euro he would have been laughed out of the country. Same with Scholes & Gerrard.

As for who partners Rooney well once again pre Euro it was who partners Owen and for me nothing has changed but all these are by the by. The point remains the same that an international coach doesn't have a lot to do.

As for your last point it could well be argued that we really are paying Sven £4m just to do that as most of his tactics or lack of them would suggest he is doing little else other than picking his best team and sending it out. A great manager just needs to get them ready for the big games which Sven arguably has failed to do.

Marvellous,

Another England manager under the cosh by the Tabloids.

If Sven goes then any one who applies for the job should be automatically disqualified on the grounds that they are mentally unstable.

My choice would be either The Krankies or The Chuckle Brothers. Maybe Peter Kay and Mr Bean.

All you Sven haters should be careful what you wish for.

I would hazard that most of you are not frigid presbytarian types who actually care about who Eriksson sleeps with. Rather you are frustrated at his negative, boring tactics and upset that he didnt deliver the european championship on a platter (we were on paper not any better than fourth favourites, and thats stretching it, give him a break).

The most likely alternative is Steven 'boring boring 451 boring never attack whats a winger we might try and hit you on the break' McClaren. Eriksson diamon could suddenly appear the epitomy of flair football.

Think before you jump.....

I would hazard that most of you are not frigid presbytarian types who actually care about who Eriksson sleeps with. Rather you are frustrated at his negative, boring tactics and upset that he didnt deliver the european championship on a platter (we were on paper not any better than fourth favourites, and thats stretching it, give him a break).

You're probably right , Joey . That's what we're all p'd off with . The bottom line is , with a real top class manager - and not a con man like Sven (remember his worthless promises to us ) - we could now be either Euro champs or World champs . Sven should go , and anyone at the FA who had anything to do with that contract offer should go as well . Let's start again at the beginning. Souness must go as well..

I can understand people having a negative opinion with regards to his managerial knowledge. But why is everyone so bothered about him having an affair???

Because it represents a brilliant opportunity to push the useless one out of the door, c.f. Glenn Hoddle and his previous life nonsense.

And not before time, IMHO. All he has ever done is get us through groups that we were seeded to get through in the first place.

apparently SGE is now in a "how to keep a woman satisfied meeting" and teaching the old lechers at the FA just exactly how he does it ! Thats the only reason whyt he meeting is taking so long ! laugh.gif

Also just caught a snippet on SSN that there are a bevvy of Beauties aiting to provide the entertainment and that SVE has personally arranged for himself to have 4 of the beauties ! rolleyes.gif

The moral being

If you have it use it !! tinykit.giflaugh.gif

• 3 weeks later...

SGE is now in a "how to keep a woman satisfied meeting" and teaching the old lechers at the FA just exactly how he does it !

Following on from yesterday's positive performance against the Ukranians, a rejuvenated Sven Goran Eriksson will shortly publish his personal guidebook on the beautiful game.

Sven has handed his guidebook to senior FA officials in readiness for it to be published soon.

Here is a sneak preview:

Introduction

It is my pleasure as England coach to bring you this special footballing guide. Whether it comes to dribbling around the box or scoring while playing away, I believe that my simple list of pointers will guide you to success.

Always remember that great exponents of the beautiful game are made, not born. Don't give up hope of being the envy of thousands of pubgoers simply because you suffer a few knock-backs. Perseverence is the key to success.

Positioning

"Always know where the goal is postitioned" is a useful mantra to remember for all players. Be considerate and do always ask if she prefers to take it up the nipsy...

Ball control

Practice makes perfect, the old saying goes, and I'm a keen exponent of continually honing my skills. Never shoot before you have the goal in sight and remember that a change of scenery works wonders and it's always lovely to move your balls around in an unfamiliar box.

Study the old masters of the game - I particularly recommend George Best.

Equipment

Any self-respecting professional sportsman will need a number of mobile phones, one for each lovely lady.

Women always appreciate quality bedding. Ideally one's bed should be circular, with a rotating function, smoking mirrors and a vibro-massage facility. On the other hand - if you don't earn an enormous salary as I do - then some slappers will probably be happy to do it in the Old Trafford bogs. Allegedly.

Diet

Never underestimate the importance of diet on your perfomance. A good bottle of wine beforehand can work wonders.

Above all, I would advise up-and-coming players to avoid the "Saturday night roast" - much beloved of the younger professionals. Court appearances can seriously cramp your style.

Practice

As I said, practice makes perfect. But at the same time, you don't want to waste your time "choking the chicken". Or, as we used to say in Sweden "throttling the herring".

Dead-ball set-plays

These can sometimes be tricky, especially when you're expected to shoot after nearly 90 minutes and you're faced with a hostile opposition formed into a scowling wall of cross-legged opponents. My advice is simply to deploy more champagne in the hope that your adversary will relax sufficiently to drop her guard, for another good poke at goal.

Internationals

Don't be intimidated by the prospect of testing your skills against foreigners. Once I had perfected my abilities in the domestic arena, I felt confident to take on both Italy and England at the highest level. Don't turn your back on the joys and pleasures of the good, old-fashioned, domestic fixture.

Flexibility

This is important, because no matter how stiff your defence is, 90 minutes of active play will eventually drain your stamina.

So it's important to be flexible in order to move in and out of the box and beyond the half-way line.

Summary

The most important thing, of course, is to have fun. If you're not enjoying yourself when indulging in the beautiful game, then the whole point of this noble pursuit is lost. I took this job with a clear plan of action and this involved me receiving a massive amount of money and enjoying myself fully along the way.

I would finally like to say that the press reports of a breakdown in my relationship with other Premiership managers, especially Alex Ferguson are completely false.

I don't think Alex's comments about a "completely useless fecking foreigner" should be taken as an attack on me. He could easily have meant Diego Forlan instead, couldn't he?

I LIKE SVEN BECAUSE HE HELP TO STUFF THE KRAUTS 5-1 IN THEIR BACK YARD - MUHAHAHAHAHAHA

Other than that he think hes done a hell of a lot better than the previous managers post Bobby Robson

And as for the formation we should do as the Great Mike Bassett once said " 4-4-######-2"

Other than that he think hes done a hell of a lot better than the previous managers post Bobby Robson

Bobby Robson? The man who ruined Glenn Hoddle's international career? The most gifted midfielder of the last 40 years was continually stuck on the right wing ffs! Its like us playing Tugay there Flopsy.

Surely you must mean Sir Alf Ramsey?

- we could now be either Euro champs or World champs .

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Without wishing to get at phil, when are people going to recognise that England are an under-motivated, second-rate football team with no chance of winning a major international tournament? The Euro 2004 displays were terrible - much as I dislike SVE he can't be totally to blame for this. The squad have to look at themselves. Sure individually we have some good players who perform well for their clubs but put them in an England skirt and they are shown for what they are - good PL players nothing more or less. The talents they display every Saturday are largely supported by non-English players, until we have the talent in every department to support our very few truely international class footballers England will win nothing.

Bobby Robson? The man who ruined Glenn Hoddle's international career? The most gifted midfielder of the last 40 years was continually stuck on the right wing ffs! Its like us playing Tugay there Flopsy.

Surely you must mean Sir Alf Ramsey?

Bobby got us to a semi final of a world cup did he not?

I did say since Bobby, Then, since.

Well Sven Id say has done better than Turnip, Hoddle and Keegan, and is as good as Venables who managed to get to a Semi on home soil, but only took us to one tournament we didnt have to qualify for.

- we could now be either Euro champs or World champs .

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Without wishing to get at phil, when are people going to recognise that England are an under-motivated, second-rate football team

As are France, Germany, Italy, Brazil et al, Paul. Judging by the WC and this Euro tournment the natural order is fast changing and everything is up for grabs.

This Euro tournament contained 4 teams in the semis with a combined total population of less than 40 million!

With a half decent manager we would have beaten a poor 10 man Brazil with their star men off the pitch, leaving only a half decent Turkish team and a weak German team left to beat. Svens tactical ineptidude spewed it big time for us.

I'm losing interest in football, at least at international level.

Footballers in general seem to care about nothing but themselves, picking up their large pay packets and cavorting with tarts. They care nothing about the clubs they play for or the fans. Now we have an England manager who sets their example for them!

Openly chatting to other potential employers (an Englishman wouldn't do it), sha88ing around the office, and openly defending his outrageously bloated salary, and all the time sat on the bench like he's watching park football. He's laughing at us. Richly rewarded for not doing his job properly, making a lughing stock of his employers whilst getting his rocks off with any willing tart.

Football Will Eat Itself.

Sure individually we have some good players who perform well for their clubs but put them in an England 'skirt' and they are shown for what they are.

Perhaps they should be playing netball Paul. biggrin.giflaugh.gifrolleyes.gif

Sure individually we have some good players who perform well for their clubs but put them in an England 'skirt' and they are shown for what they are.

Perhaps they should be playing netball Paul. biggrin.giflaugh.gifrolleyes.gif

Belive me, they haven't got the stamina for netball tournaments! ohmy.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.