BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sven

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Sven is a con merchant, his reputation seems to far exceed his achievements/ calibre of previous clubs.

I don't care who he shags, for 4 mill we should win a trophy.

And as for teh stupid beggars who play for him, if they threaten to strike because Sven gets pushed, they should get sacked as well. You don't hold a gun to your country's head. They put playing for their country below playing for Sven - terrible. It's that gobshit Gabriella Neville again.

Totally agree with you there Bryan.

It's not as though the starting eleven are indispensible and are the only talent this country has. If need be, sack everyone of them who strikes. We could always just replace the England squad with the U21s and teach the ungrateful sods that they are not only not bigger than their clubs, but they can't even touch their countries.

I've said it before, the only reason they all bum up to SGE is because he is too bloody soft. Everybody wants a manager that will let them do what they want and never publicly criticise them etc.

And me

We hear time and time again the players saying how much it means to wear the England shirt - well its about time they started showing it.

I'll say it again and again - Professor Yaffle should not be managing England.

We need somebody who can install into these numpties what wearing one of these shirts is all about - not some inept swinging Swede

Get rid and get rid now and get rid of the imbeciles at the FA who gave him the ridiculous effin contract in the first place - and pay him off out of their wages.

The whole setup needs a complete overhaul.

Tactics??

Who needs tactics?

What we need is good old english blood and guts!

Get Alf Ramsey back in, we will be sorted!

Change the record, Sven is the best manager we could ever have.

I love all this we need change but not one person has suggested somebody that could actually do a better job.

If Sven is such a bad manager why are half of the clubs of Europe after his services.

Good teams come with time not change, just ask Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger.

There is no need for change and I feel it would be a big mistake and would set us back a few years rather than take us forward

We need somebody who can install into these numpties what wearing one of these shirts is all about - not some inept swinging Swede

I here Kevin Keegan's good at that, lets give him a try.

Oh wait, we did. Worked well didnt it.

Some people have very short memories

How far have we come since England 0 - 1 Germany at Wembley

I would say a long, long way.

We are now rated 7th in the world (FIFA rankings are crap, but still they are the same for everybody)

Get behind the team, and whoever says we CANT win the World Cup should think about whether Greece ever COULD be European Champions

To be fair to the players they aren't going to criticise Sven when he is still the England manager, otherwise they would possibly be straight out the team.

If he gets sacked though just wait to see how many players stick up for him then. It's like Ranieri, the players said they would be gutted if he left, no one could do a better job etc etc, but now Mr Porto is in charge things are suddenly 100 times better.

Two faced, I wonder dry.gif

I here Kevin Keegan's good at that, lets give him a try.

Oh wait, we did. Worked well didnt it.

Not quite Floppers

Put Keegan and FA together and you'll see what I mean.

Keegan is just a rant n raver and another that I didn't want as the manager.

Call me single minded or whatever but it has to be an Englishman for me everytime

If people want me to put a name - whether they would install him a not I don't know

ALLARDYCE

• 4 years later...

Sacked as Mexico boss after defeat to Honduras.

The moral of the story - even the best frauds (so good that they defraud themselves) will get found out sometime.

Now he wants to return to the Premiership.

Edited by rover6

:rover: get rid of lardarse here is the man :rolleyes::brfcsmilie:

Waggy you should have been at Rovers last night to listen to Sam Allardyce, Svens been very fortunate in is career and ended up in the glamour lights. Lats night Big Sam came across as twice the man Sven is in all shapes and forms of football.

Big Sam has vision, energy and hunger to do well his light is still burning, unlike Svens, his light went out a long time ago.

Waggy you should have been at Rovers last night to listen to Sam Allardyce, Svens been very fortunate in is career and ended up in the glamour lights. Lats night Big Sam came across as twice the man Sven is in all shapes and forms of football.

Big Sam has vision, energy and hunger to do well his light is still burning, unlike Svens, his light went out a long time ago.

:rover: i'd rather have red hot pokers stuck in my eyes than listen to that w-nk-r :angry::brfcsmilie:

You've been at similar encounters with SGE?

He's clearly a talented manager. He needs to choose his next job wisely, but he could be a great appointment for someone.

He's clearly a talented manager. He needs to choose his next job wisely, but he could be a great appointment for someone.

Talented manager?! No-one seems to know what his football management talents are. His record is quite good - but most people view it without the context.

But in terms of identifying genuine qualities?!

All I can think of is that he keeps his players happy by letting them do what the hell they want and dictate his management choices.

Edited by rover6

• Backroom

The Mexico job has definately done Sven's professional rep harm (let's face it, his personal one can't go any lower). Coming out of the Man City job, people had sympathy for him for being sacked so soon, and after McClaren's disasterous England reign people looked back with fondness upon Sven's, in comparison, good reign.

However, after what was leaked to the press soon after he left the City job and his rubbish tenure as at Mexico, he's got to rebuild himself elsewhere.

:rover: i'd rather have red hot pokers stuck in my eyes than listen to that w-nk-r :angry::brfcsmilie:

Is it a Brummie thing or a Bolton thing Waggy, understand the Bolton thing Waggy. I was like you Waggy anti-Allardyce, anti-Bolton, but after last night he came across as the right man at the right time for the Blackburn Rovers job.

They all talk about the importance of timing in life and after last night, gut instinct tells me, this could well be the right time for Big Sam and Rovers football club, each benefitting from one another.

The replacement for Cruz wasnt there during January come the summer though its going to happen. Keep faith Waggy there will be mistakes along the way but not the mistakes of the Paul Ince level.

To tease big Sam or put down a challenge to him we could take the viewpoint and say, 'go on Sam, we dont think you've got it in you, show us what you can do and watch the results'.

Sorry Eddie hes living off his past that is so so long ago, hes finished, time to move on and give the young hungrier model a chance. Oops! no offence intended Nancy.

Edited by JAL

I'm one of those who thought he did a good job with England and I think he was headed in the right direction with City. At City he was totally undermined by the owner and that resulted in the players not caring for the final few games of the season, but he was putting together an exciting bunch of players and playing an attacking version of football that could work in this league. I don't really get how a manager can be "finished", you either understand football and tactics or you don't; maybe you aren't suited to certain leagues or teams, but he's clearly shown himself to be capable of building sides, controlling them and getting them to win. Younger models? Would you rather SGE or Tony Adams/Paul Ince?

I'm one of those who thought he did a good job with England and I think he was headed in the right direction with City. At City he was totally undermined by the owner and that resulted in the players not caring for the final few games of the season, but he was putting together an exciting bunch of players and playing an attacking version of football that could work in this league. I don't really get how a manager can be "finished", you either understand football and tactics or you don't;

:lol::lol: Exactly eddie. I couldn't have put it better myself.

I'm one of those who thought he did a good job with England and I think he was headed in the right direction with City. At City he was totally undermined by the owner and that resulted in the players not caring for the final few games of the season, but he was putting together an exciting bunch of players and playing an attacking version of football that could work in this league. I don't really get how a manager can be "finished", you either understand football and tactics or you don't; maybe you aren't suited to certain leagues or teams, but he's clearly shown himself to be capable of building sides, controlling them and getting them to win. Younger models? Would you rather SGE or Tony Adams/Paul Ince?

Eddie, City started off well then just before xmas it started to go horribly wrong, you say it was the owners fault, but was it really? he started off well for England who was at fault in the end, the FA ? On both counts it leans towards Sven rather than his employers.

Does Sven have that genuine motivation to succeed still, more importantly will the players of today and tomorrow still listen and respect Sven, for me the two just wont go together to make a success of things thats why for me hes finished. Yes, of course Sven understands football and tactics but who doesnt, Adams and Ince would claim the same. Club management could only support Sven to be successful provided it was he, who had more money to spend than his rivals - how different is Sven to the rest ?.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.