BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Souey On Sky Tonight

Gs's main aim for the club should be to get the team enough points to avoid relegation. That is the first step on the ladder.

Once he (and the team) have acheived this, then they can look to higher things.

I'm stunned that some of you are anticipating the worst, when the season hasn't even kicked off.

Bunch of effing doom merchants

rover.gif very acceptable for this season and our 1st season back,but he was spouting this dribble the previous 2 season's tinykit.gif

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh please Simon please don't start this one again ... .. ... . .

I'll start it again, and I'll keep on about it until he stops coming out these daft comments.

I'm sure it hasn't escaped your attention it's emptying Ewood and progressively eating into season ticket sales regardless of whether you feel it has any effect on performances on the field. (I think it does)

A simple "I'm happy with the squad I've got and we're going to give it a real good go" or "let's do the best we possibly can" or "the aim is to improve on last season" etc would be far more helpful.

FFS someone break the goddamn record.

With the exception of an elite few, most Premiership managers say the same bloody thing. It is said in the Prem, The Championship, League One League Two and just about every bloody football league amateur and otherwise, but our Rev just has to slate Souness for it. It's reality, it's an honest statement. Why can some people just not handle it, does anyone really beleive that if Souness said "well we are going to give 6th place a real go" that the masses would be flocking to Ewood to plonk down their season ticket money, DUH, no they would not.

Damn right the priority is and will be to stay in the Prem and take the money that comes with that, after that is reached then you push on. You don't try to build a house form the roof down do you?

I 100 % agree with Tom if we had Jack Walker we could compete with Middlesbrough and Birmingham but he not here anymore and neither is the money. We don’t get the crowds like the big clubs so we cant afford the big players or there wages in fact it wont be long before we will be the worst club in the premiership for a attendances. I think the club are trying there best but what ever they do they cannot get the fans into Ewood park that something we just got to accept. I think the clubs are going the right way trying to fetch the youth players through and mixing them with experience players and not spend big and end up like Leeds.

I went to Stockport last night and I am looking forward to next season. The team looks in a lot better shape then last year and in spells playing some good football. I was impressed on how Barry made runs from midfield to support and on occasions run past our strikers. When I watched them at wigan last year I knew then we was in for a tough season. I can’t wait for the season to start I just hope that people get behind the team and stop morning all the time. Lets get the atmosphere back at Ewood again like it used to be.

Well, I think it's a good thing that Yorke is going to stay.

I was fretting at the thought of Souness bringing in another 'experienced forward' in the form of Robbie Fowler or someone of his ilk (and elk skills).

Then again you wanted Sturrock, and he's not exactly burning up the Prem.

Well, I think it's a good thing that Yorke is going to stay.

I was fretting at the thought of Souness bringing in another 'experienced forward' in the form of Robbie Fowler or someone of his ilk (and elk skills).

Then again you wanted Sturrock, and he's not exactly burning up the Prem.

Yeah, I was wondering actually what you thought of Southampton's purchase of Mr Crouch.

They already had several good strikers yet he went out and bought a guy whos main asset is his height lacking the technique of othe stretch armstrongs such as Stead.

Sturrock seems to be intent on turning Southampton into a team of work horses that makes Rovers look like Brazil. Our Greame does value a bit of skill (Tugay, Stead, Cole, Yorke, Gallagher, De Pedro, Ferguson) he just wants commitment wih it.

Tactical naieveity is your bludgeon for Souness but Sturrock does not seem to be particularly well equippe in that department either.

rover.gif for christ sake we took 22 million in fees and we are always told staying in the premier is worth 20-30 million tinykit.gif

We also signed players for over £10m, so that's half of it gone. The rest I guess went to the loan, and to pay wages. We don't pay less wages than most other teams in the league, but some of those clubs average 5,000-10,000 more per game. Which means that they can spend lots of money, while most of the money we would use for transfers goes to cover that deficit to break even.

And staying in the premiership doesn't mean that you EARN 20-30 million ffs. It means that if you get relegated, you lose that much money.

But you could probably run this club better. Let's throw in the unproven youngsters in the cup games and then whine about how we don't take the cup games seriously. And why not go out and spend £30m to make us bankrupt?? If we start all our press releases with rover.gif and end them with tinykit.gif then everything will be just fine tinykit.gif

People on here are saying our squads not good enough, then they're complaining that we're saying that survival is the main thing.

Would you rather GS lies to you?

I do beleive they would, but then we would hear tirades like " Does Souness think we are stupid, we know we are not good enough to qualify for Europe" Why can't Souness at least tell us the truth, why can't Souness be realistic, why is Souness living in fantasy land and so on and bloody so forth.

Are there people here that scour and analyze every word of Souness' looking for ANY mean to put a negative spin on what he says. I have noticed of late that in fact some people only post when they THINK they have a negative, something to tear Souness a new asshole for. My thoughts are it is bordering on obsession and I believe help is available.

Oh BTW, the difference between top half and bottom half is only one place in the table and 500k, does it really matter much?

Edited by USABlue

we are always told staying in the premier is worth 20-30 million

No, if we weren't in the Premiership we'd be losing 20-30 million, similar to the last time we went down albeit amplified somewhat. Being in the Premiership means we breakeven.

Of course you think we should be playing all the youngsters don't you? So that would be our reserve team then given the proportion of youngsters in that? Yet you complain about weakened teams? So would giving the youngsters 'a chance', even more of a chance then the great opportunities they already get at Rovers, not be fielding a weakened team then? Or are we just meant to field weakened teams in the league then?

rover.gif CAN I HAVE THAT IN ENGLISH PLEASE tinykit.gif

Apologies, I failed to take into account your lack of intelligence. Let me see, how's this : "Why are you spouting rubbish that contradicts the rubbish you've spouted in previous posts". If it makes it easier you can substitute 'dribble' for 'rubbish', as going by an earlier post of yours 'spouting dribble' makes some sort of sense, to you at least.

rover.gif ah i get it now,because i advocate the use off young players which is totally alien to the souness regime,i cannot make a comment about the situation at ewood.

so in future just for you,i will start my posts.

as most members on here ridicule me for advocateing the use off young players,we might as well bulldoze brockhall and buy dwarfs at the end off there career for 150k. tinykit.gif

No, if we weren't in the Premiership we'd be losing 20-30 million, similar to the last time we went down albeit amplified somewhat. Being in the Premiership means we breakeven.

rover.gif ffs ned kelly are you a docter off love it means the same thing you simpleton tinykit.gif

rover.gif ah i get it now,because i advocate the use off young players which is totally alien to the souness regime,i cannot make a comment about the situation at ewood.

so in future just for you,i will start my posts.

as most members on here ridicule me for advocateing the use off young players,we might as well bulldoze brockhall and buy dwarfs at the end off there career for 150k. tinykit.gif

What has buying dwarfs got to do with playing weakened teams in the cups then? Can you not even remember what you're posting?

The fact that we would lose 20-30 million if we weren't in the Premiership doesn't mean we can spend that amount every year we are in the top flight. If you know a way we can sustain massive debts year on year without going bankrupt maybe you should share the information with us, or poor old Leeds for that matter. If Rovers were in the first division every year and not getting that 20-30 million more income, given the current structure at the club with regards to wages etc. the club would go to the wall in less than a decade. Now, you want us to sign more players using this 20-30 million and increase the day to day running costs of the club right? Financial genius.

rover.gif ffs ned kelly are you a docter off love it means the same thing you simpleton tinykit.gif

No it doesn't mean the same thing at all. If we went down again we would have to go through a process of asset stripping and cut costs as we would be 20-30 million worse off. We don't have that money to spend now as you seem to think, we are breaking even. i.e. we don't have any money to spend.

Edited by Manchester Blue

rover.gif ah i get it now,because i advocate the use off young players which is totally alien to the souness regime,

Since when? Gallagher who you seem to know so much about, McEveley, Douglas and Danns have all been given first team action in the last couple of seasons. If they are good enough then Souness has shown he will give them a go. Just because the manager doesn't share your reckless idea of playing a team packed with kids doesn't mean he won't give them a go.

Leeds played with kids last year as they had sold all the first team. They went down and yet their kids were good, very food some of them. You need experience mixed in with youth and in our current team we have that.

What has buying dwarfs got to do with playing weakened teams in the cups then? Can you not even remember what you're posting?

rover.gif well what does bringing my advocation off youth have to do with every post i make. tinykit.gif

rover.gif how old are our 3 pre season signings,how old are short and tugay,you can argue all you want.the souness regime does not give youth a chance. tinykit.gif

I think Stead, Gally, Douglas, Dunn, Duff, and others do not agree with you there

rover.gif how old are our 3 pre season signings,how old are short and tugay,you can argue all you want.the souness regime does not give youth a chance. tinykit.gif

I didn't think Short was a Souness signing... if you are complaining about him taking up a spot that a youngster may fill, he does so on merit.

Which part of the phrase 'You need a mix of youth and experience' do you not understand? Johansson has played every pre-season game, Gallagher, Stead. In fact forget it I don't even know why i'm bothering arguing with you.

This thread, and numerous ones like it, is the sole reason I’m now a burnley fan.

Oh yes and 'WE' are the best supported club in the WORLD!

Up the clarets.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.