BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Souey On Sky Tonight

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rover.gif ah i get it now,because i advocate the use off young players which is totally alien to the souness regime,i cannot make a comment about the situation at ewood.

so in future just for you,i will start my posts.

as most members on here ridicule me for advocateing the use off young players,we might as well bulldoze brockhall and buy dwarfs at the end off there career for 150k. tinykit.gif

You really don't rememeber what you write, do you?

Countless times you've said that Souness should give youth a chance, just throw the entire U-17 team in at the same time or whatever. Doesn't matter if they're good or not. One would think that the League Cup games is a good place for this. But no, you've also complained that Souness doesn't take the cups seriously enough. So which way do you want it??

And I suppose that playing Gallagher and Douglas isn't "giving youth a chance"? Alex Ferguson didn't give youth a chance in the early/mid nineties, because he had some 30+ players at the club!!

But remember, don't let facts get in the way!! Your 'thing' is to spout nonsense, and I gotta take my hat off to you. You're really good at it!

Like MB says, don't even know why I'm bothering with you.

Don't dispute with him, he has the icons at the start and end of every sentence. I'm going to try it.

laugh.gif Nonsense laugh.gif

It works! Marvelous...

edit:shut up tongue.giflaugh.gif

I'm going to kill myself

Edited by Tom Pringle

This thread, and numerous ones like it, is the sole reason I’m now a burnley fan.

Oh yes and 'WE' are the best supported club in the WORLD!

Up the clarets.

And that is the funniest thing I've read on this messageboard in a long time!!!

Got your season ticket for't Turf then Gav?

well what does bringing my advocation off youth have to do with every post i make.

It doesn't have to do with every post you make, just the ones where you're complaining that we don't play our regular starting eleven in cup games. Part of these 'weakened' cup team line-ups have been youngsters being given their chance. In the past the likes of McEveley, Danns, Richards, Burgess, have been given opportunities by Souness to show their worth in cup games. These are the very opportunities you advocate yet you still manage to complain about these players playing in the cup games, and to top it all then go and complain about them not being given games in which to prove themselves.

This thread, and numerous ones like it, is the sole reason I’m now a burnley fan.

Up the clarets.

Not only have I got my season ticket DP, but I’ve also received the customary membership to both the BNP and KKK (if every I’m over in the states again).

I'll be cheering on my beloved clarets in the coming season and keep watching over your shoulders fellow posters as we'll soon be on a level playfield mark my words.

I've been introduced to whole new way of living and coming back to blackburn and supporting you lot just doesn't cut the mustard I’m afraid.

Up the clarets.

Enjoy the bananas. How are the joints developing?

Jaysus, you get to spliff up at T'Moor!!

I'm off to get me a season ticket to that one.

Probably need a toke or two to...eh? pardon....where was I? Oooh chocolate....mmmmmm

Up the clarets.

Not only have I got my season ticket DP, but I’ve also received the customary membership to both the BNP and KKK (if every I’m over in the states again).

I'll be cheering on my beloved clarets in the coming season and keep watching over your shoulders fellow posters as we'll soon be on a level playfield mark my words.

I've been introduced to whole new way of living and coming back to blackburn and supporting you lot just doesn't cut the mustard I’m afraid.

Up the clarets.

Hope you got a seat with a nearby ledge.

rover.gif the fact is mr souness has repeatedly said premiership survival is our aim,he has give the cup's the elbow and made our qualifacation for europe meaningless with his team selection.

rover.gif so this is were i mention youngster's when i posted this i was thinking off the turkish game when sourness brought in,yorke and grabbi at the expense off cole who had started the season quite well.plus give the biggest waster ever to were a blue and white shirt baggio his first full game.

it still rankles with me when 5k rovers fans went to highbury to the fa cup 5th or 6th round and we played a WEAKENEND team,if you look at the cup teams over the souness period we have not played that many youngsters just that the team has been WEAKENEND by playing lesser squad members.

when i mentioned the 3 new signing's and tugay and short they have all been given new contracts in the summer,why tugay and short got them is beyond me.

tugay was ###### poor last season and short is always injured,i hope that has made it clearer to you my little lepricorn tinykit.gif

5,000 Rovers fans went to Highbury in the knowledge that we would play a weakened team. At the time we were 2nd in Div1 and promotion was a priority.

Not difficult to understand is it? Or is your hatred of Souness so overwhelming that you have to criticise his every move?

5,000 Rovers fans went to Highbury in the knowledge that we would play a weakened team. At the time we were 2nd in Div1 and promotion was a priority.

Not difficult to understand is it? Or is your hatred of Souness so overwhelming that you have to criticise his every move?

rover.gif beg to differ there simon,if i had known the wednesday night i queued for tickets right after the game,and the thursday morning when i went to book my trian tickets that we were going to forget about the cup i would have asked about a refund tinykit.gif

toodle pip

You would have asked for a refund if you had known about the starting line-up before you bought the tickets waggy? Eh? Surely the time to be asking for refunds would be after a purchase? Did you in fact ask for a refund after we 'forgot about the cup' as you put it?

So you were thinking about one game then when making a general statement slating the manager? Even allowing you to make a false generalisation and basing your opinions of Souness' cup tactics on one competition, the Uefa Cup, what about the year before against CSKA Sofia at Ewood? Was that a weakened team in your opinion? Weakened by the inclusion of youngsters like Neil Danns?

What on earth is a lepricorn? Is it some sort of a unicorn with a skin disease or something?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.