BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Matt Jansen

Al

Are you not overreacting ?

I dont think he ever really insinuated that you were an alky or a druggie ?

but your right that we all do have differing opinions, we all may think that our own opinion is right but the reality is that it rarely ever works out that way rolleyes.gif

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Al

Are you not overreacting ?

I dont think he ever really insinuated that you were an alky or a druggie ?

but your right that we all do have differing opinions, we all may think that our own opinion is right but the reality is that it rarely ever works out that way rolleyes.gif

No, I don't think he is over reacting. Al is one of our well respected posters and deserves a bit more consideration than he got.

/QUOTE]

Very sadly Al that is the crux of the problem....... the past and present just dont compare anymore

Agreed pal but my point is that if we had not seen his past form we may find it easier to appreciate what he can do today.

Possibly I am alone in this but I believe he is good enough to warrant a place in the team.

Think I'm like every Rovers fan in hoping he'll get back to the form of 3 seasons ago (first season back in the Prem - was it really 3 seasons ago?).

But as I think Eddie said earlier, can we really afford the risk of giving him 'a run' of say half a dozen games if that means we are effectively playing with 1.5 strikers instead of 2?

At 500k (or whatever) per place, it might cost us 1 mill just to find out he can't hack it any longer. It might cost us relegation. Personally, I lean towards the low risk strategy and I suspect the club are doing that - watch him in training and the reserves : if he's showing form, get him in the first team, if he's not then sad though it is, probably in everyone's interests that he's sold to a lower league side where he'll get first team football. Maybe in the contract, we get first refusal on a future move just in case a miracle happens.

I think a loan move would suit him and ROvers best. Surely a club like Palace, or other promoted clubs wouldnt sniff at a 3 month loan. If he's any good, we can take him back after/during the loan spell. No risk, then. Just harder trying to find someone who wants him.

I think a loan move would suit him and ROvers best. Surely a club like Palace, or other promoted clubs wouldnt sniff at a 3 month loan. If he's any good, we can take him back after/during the loan spell. No risk, then. Just harder trying to find someone who wants him.

Am i right in saying premiership teams cant loan out their players to another premiership team?

Am i right in saying premiership teams cant loan out their players to another premiership team?

That used to be the case, but the rules changed a year or two back, hence us being able to take Babbel on loan last season - for all the bloody good it did us...

Ever heard of a chap by the name of Markus Babbell?

Ed: Damn you Morph

Edited by Tugay4England

There is a limit of loan deals between Prem clubs (it's what stopped the Robinson transfer from Leeds to Spurs last season).

As for Matty we are all judging him on what little evidence we have seen on the pitch.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has seen him train, for example....

Is he not as fit as he used to be?

Has he lost his first touch when there's not thousands of people screaming his every move?

Can he still do those mercurial runs and finishes outside of the pressure of a live game?

I suspect he still has the skills and that explains why Rover's have kept faith in him (albeit by not sacking / releasing him).

i too agree that matty should be loaned out for 3 to 6 months, but to another premiership team, the likes of pompy, palace, villa etc, a team where he is likely to get alot of first team action, while at the same time playing against the top teams in the country, and the best defenders in the country, its no good going down a league as the opposition basically just isn't good enough to possibly bring out the old form he is capable of.

tinykit.gif

This is like that stupid old thread about why we have no IndoPaks playing in the Prem.......because there is not one of them good enough! And likewise neither is Matt Jansen folks! Jeez if he was any good do you lot think that Souey would not have kicked Yorkes ass to the railway station and back? Would we have signed Dickov and put in a small bid for some promising kid? It's obvious to a blind man on a galloping horse that MJ's career is over. BRFC are not a benevolent society! We cannot afford to be cos the Prem is no place to nurse lame-ducks back to som semblence of health.

Waggy might have something when he said that his career at BRFC will finish as soon as his compensation claim is settled, cos I for on have been mystefied for some time as to why we are still employing him. Why are we continuing to pay his wages when we could spend em on someone else?

People on here are far too sentimental, this is not football it's big business so even though it's really regrettable it's time to cut the chord and get rid. And ffs stop blaming Sven! He can be blamed for a lot of things but causing MJ's accident is not one. He hardly hired the damned scooter for him and forced him to ride it did he? It's cruel but the reason that MJ is finished is down to MJ's own recklessness. When you think 'poor old Matt' just stop to think what his stupidity has cost US and then rather think 'poor old Rovers'.

/QUOTE]

Very sadly Al that is the crux of the problem....... the past and present just dont compare anymore

Agreed pal but my point is that if we had not seen his past form we may find it easier to appreciate what he can do today.

Possibly I am alone in this but I believe he is good enough to warrant a place in the team.

I'm sure Souness wants to play him as much as you want him to, Al, but the fact is he can't be impressed enough with what he sees in training to do so. He was one of the first names on the team sheet before his injury, and he was given a run at the start of last season where he, fantastic stike vs Liverpool aside, failed to shine. We've already tried loaning him out idea and that didn't seem to work either. I keep hoping he'll prove me wrong, and if he does I'll gladly eat several kilos of humble pie, but I still can't see it. All very sad. sad.gif

...like i said on the previous page <.

Blackburn Rovers have a team of professional backroom staff who see & train the squad every day. These guys have many years of experience with players both old & young. For some reason Matt Jansen is not impressing the coaches of the squad enough to warrant a place in the starting 11.

Hopefully (and we ALL pray) Matt Jansen will recover his form & come good, but we (the fans) have got to respect the views of the coaching staff at this club.

....Remember, for every player who makes it, there`s loads who don`t....& it`s these guys who have to make ruthless decisions for the good of the club. If Matty is not up to scratch, then they`ll tell him so & let him leave.

In my view, they are giving the lad a fair crack of the whip.

Maybe he`ll get his chance this year....but he simply has to warrant his place in the team not through sympathy but by impressing in training.

GOOD LUCK MATTY...WE`RE ALL ROUTING FOR YOU!! thumbs-up.gifthumbs-up.gifthumbs-up.gif

• 3 weeks later...

The article from Sky Sports last week: "Souness challenges Jansen".

I can only hope Matty responds to the challenge. All the nostalgia about his former days aside, he is one of only five frontline strikers at the club now, and I don't think I'm alone in saying that I'm becoming increasingly dissatisfied with Yorke's performances. With Gally currently injured, it's clear that Matt is as close to the first team now as he's been in the past year.

We can only hope that he take the opportunity by the scruff of the neck and stakes a claim for at least a spot on the bench in one of the upcoming fixtures. He'll never again be the player he was, but if he can be an effective Premiership striker--which is something that I'm beginning to doubt Yorke can be anymore--then he'll certainly have a role to play for this team.

One of the papers have run a story this morning that Rovers will let Jansen leave if a club comes in for him.

It is in the Daily Star.

The Rovers have told Jansen and his advisors that he has permission to find another club as he is approaching the last year of his contract.

sad.gifsad.gif

He is a costly spent force SAR. We desperately need another striker, our 5 front line strikers are in reality down to 1.5! Dickov is fine, Yorkes dismal, Gally is not pushing through, Matty is finished and Stead is still only young. Loss of form, injury or suspensins to Dickov or Stead will without doubt see us relegated.

Stuff the french midfielder our striker options are far more pressing.

Not to sound to negative, but the teams that we see as our main rivals have far better strikers than us..

Look at teams like:

Tottenham

Aston Villa

Boro

Birmingham

ManC

Soton

Everton

Fulham

They have all better strikers than us IMO, so we really need a quality forward sooner rather than later..!

Edited by krislu

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.