BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Matt Jansen

So Souness has SOME heart then. The "just needs confidence" is giving Jansen a chance to find another club. Coming out and saying "he's lost it, is about as much use as your average 7 year old footballer" which unfortunately is closer to the truth would mean that Jansen HAD no future.

I don't think we'll hear anything about Matt Jansen in a footballing sense once he leaves us.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A tragic story indeed,so much talent and promise lost in a day. sad.gif

His ill-fated trip to Rome will haunt him for the rest of his life.

His cup final goal,promotion winner at Preston,goals against Burnley and his overall skillful play...........

Thanks for the memories and the very best of luck Matt Jansen thumbs-up.gif

I just wonder over the timing of the announcement, or do the first division (whatever) not have to worry about the transfer window?

We desperately need a quality centre forward to be pushing for a place every week, & whilst the Rovers are playing the poverty card we just cannot afford to keep paying big wages to a player like Janny who is contributing nothing. Wherever you go & whatever you do Matt I wish you all the very best. tinykit.gif

apparently two clubs have enquired about him. I really thought that he would make it but obviously there is an underlying problem which we do not see on a day to day basis.

Sad for all of us who have seen the boy play.

good luck MJ, your female fan club will be distraught ! tinykit.gif

He showed with that goal against Liverpool last season that he still has it in him to perform at the highest level, it's just a question of whether Souness is willing to give him a decent run in the team.

If he's released then it's a huge mistake IMO.

A loving tribute to Matt Jansen (with apologies to Outkast)

I'm sorry Matt Jansen

You were for real

Never meant to crash your motorbike

Miss the season, lose your spot to Dwight

I'm sorry Matt Jansen

It's not ideal

Doctors appointments all on your own

England spot lost to Martin Keown

rover.gif Please JW and Souey, let Crystal Palace have him for the remainder of the season before you make up your mind about him !

Andy Johnson and Matt Jansen with that young Routledge on the side seems allright, and Matty would get enough chances to impress !

And no, I'm not afraid Matty will send us down, Palace will be relegated regardless..

rover.gif Please JW and Souey, let Crystal Palace have him for the remainder of the season before you make up your mind about him !

Andy Johnson and Matt Jansen with that young Routledge on the side seems allright, and Matty would get enough chances to impress !

And no, I'm not afraid Matty will send us down, Palace will be relegated regardless..

BRFC is a business not a bloody benevolent society! We need a proper striker.........fast!

This topic wants locking I have heard about as much simpering sentimentality as a man can take.

Edited by den

I'm sorry Matt Jansen

You were for real

I'm sorry Matt Jansen

It's not ideal

laugh.giflaugh.gif

Its time Matt moved on, its clear as day that he's finished at Rovers. Bloody shame though.

I'm sorry Matt Jansen

You were for real

I'm sorry Matt Jansen

It's not ideal

Now try that in Haiku biggrin.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.