BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Matt Jansen

As for Jansen, there is no way he's going to regain confidence playing in the reserves. Souness either has to give him a run in the first team (a big gamble in our present position) or allow him to try and resurect his career elsewhere.

This is a point I have been going on about for ages now. One minute Souey comes out and says that Dwight was last choice striker and all of a sudden Matty startes to create goals and score a couple in pre season and started to beleive again. The next thing we know lazy Yorke was brought in ahead of Matt and Souey turns round and says that Matty must fight for a place - HOW CAN HE FIGHT IF YOU DONT LET HIM IN THE RING.

I dont want to see any one get injured but if thats the only way Matt will get another crack to show us what he STILL has then thats the way it has to be and I hope those doubters out there will eat some serious humble pie when he does prove you wrong and you can start singing JANSEN FOR ENGLAND again - go on, you know you want to.

Edited by Cocker

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you are unbelievable! Yorke has gone, so meet Matty, the new scapegoat.

Whatever the ins and outs of the situation, Matty has a contract. Firstly, no-one knows what is in Matty's contract except him, his agent and John Williams/Souey. Why do people come up with figures out of thin air?

Secondly, the contract has another season to run. What do you expect the club to do? They can "suggest" he looks for another club, but they can't force him to do so, he has a contract.

It doesn't matter about the whys and wherefores of Matty's accident, and all that stuff, it happened. It's a tragedy for us and for him, but he is doing his best to get over it. He still has a contract.

Interesting, and somewhat relevant, article here. (LET Thursday "Jay Has Qualities to be Premier Hit"

I wonder if the Yorkemiester will "let himself get disappointed with not starting" a match at Birmingham as well? I can't see him getting in ahead of Heskey and Fossell but I may be wrong - I mean I wouldn't have bought him anyway so what do I know what Steve "I'm losing my marbles, me" Bruce is thinking.

meet Matty, the new scapegoat.

Secondly, the contract has another season to run.  What do you expect the club to do?  They can "suggest" he looks for another club, but they can't force him to do so, he has a contract.

Don't seem to recall anybody making him a scapegoat Roversmum.

Think you have put another slant on it here - but regardless of the contract the club or Souness are not exactly making it clear to Jansen when on one hand theyare saying one thing and on another something else - your link to report would seem to confirm this and Mattys comments.

What the fans are trying to do is find out if JANSEN has a future with us - if not then what is the point of keeping hold of him because all the signs emanating from the club is that they don't see a future for him.

J may have all ' The qualities to be a Premier Hit' but does MJ still have them?

Edited by CAPT KAYOS

I can't wait for the moment when Bruce hands Yorke the banjo/uklele and ushers forward the friesian!

Fresian? No, one of those rather big stamping snorting animals they use for bull-fighting, that would be more like it! huh.gif

Whatever the ins and outs of the situation, Matty has a contract. Firstly, no-one knows what is in Matty's contract except him, his agent and John Williams/Souey.

Maybe but it's my guess that he broke that the minute that he got on that damned scooter.

BRFC have done damned well for him and given him every chance, but enough is enough.

The article in the L.E.T about Jansen says it all really, when it says that

"Jansen knows all about Bothroyd's qualities after he played up front with the 22-year-old during a loan spell at Coventry City TWO YEARS AGO."

Two bloody years ago and he`s still trying to find himself!The guy knows deep down that this is(Blackburn Rovers) his last big pay cheque and is trying all the delaying tricks,now he`s saying that he will give till Jan and then he`ll "see"

The article in the L.E.T about Jansen says it all really, when it says that

"Jansen knows all about Bothroyd's qualities after he played up front with the 22-year-old during a loan spell at Coventry City TWO YEARS AGO."

Two bloody years ago and he`s still trying to find himself!The guy knows deep down that this is(Blackburn Rovers) his last big pay cheque and is trying all the delaying tricks,now he`s saying that he will give till Jan and then he`ll "see"

Thats rubbish. The thing is that he hasnt been give a chance in two years -FACT

It's kind of strange that people are saying that it'd be too big a risk to play Jansen, when Souness has been playing Yorke, Gresko in midfield, Matteo in midfield, Flitcroft on the right wing...

If those aren't risks - and risks that didn't pay off, I don't know what are.

I'm disappointed that Matt wasn't fighting tooth and nail for a loan move, but perhaps things have got too comfy at Rovers. He's out of the limelight, the fans still adore him for his past achievements and he's getting football for the reserves - not to mention the hefty pay pack.

His stint at Coventry must have been difficult because their fans were expecting inspiration and instead they got dross. Maybe Jansen doesn't want to put himself under that pressure again. It's just a thought.

I am getting really really tired of this give Jansen a chance crap. Is my memory playing tricks or was Jansen given a chance at the beginning of last season. I memory sreves he got a few games but he was totally ineffective. With the exception of one flash of brilliance against L'pool.

THe lad has lost the instinct, the ability to do what he did best without having to think. Now he has to stop and ponder what he is going to do with the ball and at this level it just won't get it done. I saw that on several occasions when he came up to a defender with the ball he just did not seem to know what was supposed to happen next.

The lad has had a chance, I dont know how many other clubs would hold onto a player after something like this after doing what he did. So, all you knocking Souness for not giving him a chance SHUT UP you are out of line. Souness has given him over two years worth of chance, can't think of another manager in the World that would, except perhaps Mother Theresa.

The club is at fault here, as Souness has been saying for a while now that he is physically and mentally ready and all he needs his confidence yet he does not play the guy to give him the confidence yet still says he is part of his plans .

Agree with Capt and rover6. If as Souness says that all he needs is confidence then why doesn't he play him? Having a striker who was on the verge of the England team apparently just a few games away from his old level/form and not playing him defies belief. As rover6 points out we've had some odd formations and team selections - Jansen can't be more of a risk then Flitty at right midfield.

I suspect Matty isn't but we'll never know as Jansen hasn't really had a chance to prove himself. What get's me is that some players regularly underperformed but got lots more of a chance to prove themselves. Regardless of whether he has had his chance, if Souness believes as he says, that all he needs is a bit more time, and doesn't give him that then what's the point in holding on to him.

IMO Souness has really handled this badly. These mixed messages aren't helpful to the club or player.

Blue blood Jansen has had his chances, in fact plenty of chances, every day in training ....every reserve match...... in fact every loan match ... chances galore two years of them but just because you didnt see or witness every one of those why do you think he should be given another chance.

Mattys career is at a defining moment does he take a step down now, which in my opinion he should do, or go another season collecting the dosh - not getting another opportunity and waste what is left of his professional career .

The confusing messages interpreted by the fans from the managements comments are caused by the fact that the club must ...protect and promote that individual ....and the club must not damage his Matt Jansens career in the immediate and long term and we the fans must be able to interpret the difference.

waste what is left of his professional career .

club must not damage his Matt Jansens career in the immediate and long term

and we the fans must be able to interpret the difference.

Jal

Is there any?

Think Matt has done this quite well himself

How can we interpret the difference when there is contradiction from every angle coming from the club?

As what has been said previously, the way Souness and the team has been performing how can anybody say he has been given a proper chance - and as we all know you don't get a proper reflection from reserve games and training ( perfect scenario being the Yorke debacle) - by all accounts (Souness words) he has been working hard.

rover.gif i would have thought rovers could have cancelled matt's contract at any time since his accident,we were denied a pay out on him because he broke the rules 'riding a scotter in roma'.

all rovers have done is back an emloyee,a very good employee at that. tinykit.gif

BRFC and GS have acted commendably with Jansen by giving him EVERY chance to recover. If he had broken his neck we would all have forgotten about him by now.

Total and utter crap by stupid and sentimental individuals to say the GS has not given him a chance. Last season was spent in the main in a relegation battle, if Jansen had shown that his old self was back during training or reserve matches do you lot not think GS would have picked him? I'm damned sure that he would have.

The Prem is a tough and unforgiving league which tests and punishes any players and any clubs strengths and weaknesses.......... IT IS NOT A RE-HAB UNIT!

if Jansen had shown that his old self was back during training or reserve matches do you lot not think GS would have picked him? I'm damned sure that he would have.

Thenodrog

I take it you don't read what Souness has been saying - he is mentally and physically ready all he needs is confidence.

So I damned sure that he is not - and Souness is pouting crap again.

As you and many of us believe - he's gone - so why don't the club admit it

Go on then Capt. What possible good would that do anyone?

Matt has done a great deal for this football club. While the accident was extremely unfortunate and I'm sure he'll regret it for the rest of his life - our not announcing "He's finished, he'll never play again at the top level" is actually a decent thing to do. "Decent" you don't hear that very often. (Besides it might not be true)

Most importantly - Those who want him out the club and off the wage bill, whether it be on loan or on a free transfer, would have to admit that Souness saying "He's finished I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole" isn't really a very clever thing to do (Although Steve Bruce might be tempted).

If Souness and BRFC thought that there was a chance that Matt would return to his old self after the accident (and I'm sure I read somewhere that most people don't "fully" recover until 2 years afterwards) then surely this was the only road to go down.

However - he clearly isn't going to get a chance here. He's fifth in line for a start - he's not gonna get a game, unless The Plague strikes Brockhall (knowing Matt's luck though....).

I'd get yourself to Preston Matt - more chance of getting a game there I'd have thought. It's the only way you'll find out whether or not you've still got it or not.

Go on then Capt. What possible good would that do anyone?

For one Bobf mi old mucka - we would stop having these discussions over and over again.

It's not me that's saying he is ok - its the club and Souness and this is turn is painting a picture that is building the hopes of Rovers fans when in all reality its all bull doo da.

Don' t you think if there is any future for him other clubs would have had him watched anyway regardless of what the club says and made up their own minds?

Reading the comments of MJ it would suggest he is ready and is working hard - but the comments of Souness seem to change every week totally contradicting what he has said previous.

Forget me if I'm wrong, but for the majority of Rovers fans there is no love lost at the moment with Souness and by spouting what appears to be'lies' or misleading 'comments' is not going to endear him back to the walkaways.

We keep on getting told about our position of needing fans through the turnstiles - so how about making the fans feel part of the club and stop all the bollux of trying to cover up stuff.

I don't like it anymore than the next Rovers fan, and feel the paying customer has a right to know especially nowadays how their investment to the club is being spent - maybe not the full ins and outs but a better understanding of situations rather than trying to disguise facts all the time.

Maybe its me and my interpretation of things, but talking to fellow fans and the comments on here - its not just me.

There, my soapbox has just broke (FBstd) - thanks for the beer anyway (or should that be thanking Welshy) wink.gif

Edited by CAPT KAYOS

What possible good would that do anyone?

For one Bobf mi old mucka - we would stop having these discussions over and over again.

Well there is that.

Perhaps it isn't that black and white though Capt.

Perhaps Souness and the club do actually believe that if he gets a run of games he'll eventually get back to his old self - unfortunately these are games that no one in The Premier League can afford to give a player. Perhaps they're not telling porkies at all?

BTW - it was Taff - you can get 'em in vs Portsmouth. Get yourself down there at 3.05 - you should be OK for half time laugh.gif

The real truth to Mattys position at Ewood will be something like.... Matty isnt fit to play first team football in the premiership ever again for the Rovers but the club will try and help him resurect his career and make it back elsewere.

Saying Matty is working hard and fully fit, but lacking confidence, is designed for would be suitors and not for us to stew over hoping the old Matty Jansen will return one day to lead the line and rekindle some fantastic days in front of the Blackburn end.

The club have been fantastic in supporting Matty Jansen through this difficult period and i think we all will have fond memories of Matty Jansen especially when we gave the Dingles one hell of an hiding at Ewood.

All i say is Matty has to make the move now and keep himself in the limelight or in another twelve months nobody might not touch him or he wont be able to command such a high salary again after all .....he brought all of this on himself - SO SAD, SUCH A WASTE OF A UNIQUE TALENT .

The real truth to Mattys position at Ewood will be something like.... Matty isnt fit to play first team football in the premiership ever again for the Rovers but the club will try and help him resurect his career and make it back elsewere.

Saying Matty is working hard and fully fit, but lacking confidence, is designed for would be suitors and not for us to stew over hoping the old Matty Jansen will return one day to lead the line and rekindle some fantastic days in front of the Blackburn end.

The club have been fantastic in supporting Matty Jansen through this difficult period and i think we all will have fond memories of Matty Jansen especially when we gave the Dingles one hell of an hiding at Ewood.

All i say is Matty has to make the move now and keep himself in the limelight or in another twelve months nobody might not touch him or he wont be able to command such a high salary again after all .....he brought all of this on himself - SO SAD, SUCH A WASTE OF A UNIQUE TALENT .

Agreed JAL and thats the annoying thing about it - dragging it along is not going to benefit anyone, especially if we end up him leaving on a free anyway without playing another first team game.

If there are doubts about his credentials to play at Premier level, then either somebody needs to convince MJ that is days as a P/L player are long gone or a deal needs to be struck up to provide him the opportunity to prove himself at the likes of a possible first division team like Preston - be it on loan (poss part pay wages) or with an option for us to buy back should he prove his worth.

As BobF says - a run of games is possibly not a risk teams can afford (especially us) in the P/L.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.