BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Matt Jansen

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...............The club stood by him, the truth is Matt Jansen has been phyisicallly fit for about a year, even by GS own admission, but he just hasn't had the confidence. Souness took that away by preffering to play Yorke up front instaed of him.

.........................................Yet Matty just kept plugging away and kept a relatively dignified silence. He didn't go moaning to the F.A about being poorly treated or go roung arguing with the manager in training he kept quiet and plugged away, hoping that GS would leave rather than himself.

Bit too sentimental Mrs J. Have you been reading too many weepies? The simple truth is that despite being given chance afterchance he has not performed well enough in training and in the reserves to convince the manager that he is worth his place. Do you not think GS would have loved to have a fully fit and capable Jansen when we were in last years relegation scrap? I'm damned sure he would. And even more so before we signed Stead. Criticise GS all you want but when a team is at the bottom of the table it is the managers neck on the block and not the players.

As for dignified silences and plugging away until GS left?! I think GS treatment of MJ was brilliant. Souness never criticised him once but in public supported him totally. I have no doubt that he would have had the boards support in replacing him on the condition that he got rid first, but that never happened and tat can only have been Souness's decision.

Bandwagon jumping to diss GS is very popular at the moment for very obvious reasons but even he does not deserve criticism for the way he treated MJ.

To find out by reading in the newspaper that you can leave a club is not the best way to treat someone.

Even in the last few days MJ has said that GS never spoke to him to tell him what the problem was. I really don't think that is treating anyone well.

And as for dissing Souness, it miight sound like a lot of people are saying it, but I didn't like him when he first arrived. I thought he was arrogant and very self opinionated. Yes he won us promotion and the Worthington cup.

But isn't that letting sentiment get in the way.?!?

you forget beating Burnley 2-0 at Turd Moor and 5-0 at Ewood, getting the best out of Duff, beating Man U twice and unbeaten at Ewood against them. Double over Arsenal and my favorite which was tonking spurs 4-0 at White Flag Lane

Maybe I am getting slightly carried away after Jansens goal, and matbe we have heard all this before after the Liverpool game but he was dropped after that,.

I think we are all getting a bit carried away now, Mrs J!

We all thought jansen was back to his brilliant best after his superb goal against liverpool last season. We we all wrong. Jansen only notched once after that, which came against Genclebergi in the uefa cup. We didn't see him again after that because Dwight Yorke's very high work rate kept him out of the team.

Lets hope Jansen can grab a couple of goals tonight and start getting his confidence back, and then jansen might be back!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.