SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lee Hughes Jailed For 6 Years

den

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its the collection of 3 different offenses! But because he admitted 2 of them he got less than he wold have! If he had admitted death by dangerous driving he probally would have got less!

The legal system is not set up in order to punish road users who abuse the right to drive!

6 years isn't that bad a sentence considering it could have been alot less, if the judge hadn't taken the tough line!

Maybe the fact he did a runner and failed to report the accident put another 12 months on the sentance

Disgraceful affair all round .......

Just a thought but will the severity of the sentence discourage others from running away from the scene........ or encourage them? huh.gif

I love the uk judicial system, and now im no longer resident in the UK it seems even more stupid.

Bloke kills the father of a family, gets 6 years. Out in what 4?

Bloke selliing bootleg cds of live recordings, almost all of which were never released by the artist or recording company so they havent exactly lost much and it may increase awareness of there acts, yet because of lost revenue to artists and big corporations, no income tax or vat gets 10 years, figure that out.

whoever said the law was an ass, was right.

I love those neighbour type comments of 'oohh he's such a lovely lad' i seem to recall the parents of those deported from the Algarve saying exactly the same thing, ditto the parents on that bad lads army program, all the parents saying what nice kids they were really, yet nearly had criminal records and a large portion had done time...

Bloke kills the father of a family, gets 6 years. Out in what 4?

Bloke selliing bootleg cds of live recordings, almost all of which were never released by the artist or recording company so they havent exactly lost much and it may increase awareness of there acts, yet because of lost revenue to artists and big corporations, no income tax or vat gets 10 years, figure that out.

Money more important than people... Isn't that the whole idea behind capitalism? biggrin.gif

Remember the bigger punishments will go to those who threaten the interests of the govt & its funders... rolleyes.gif

The offence of causing death by dangerous driving was created because juries were extremely reluctant to convict drivers of murder or manslaughter. The feeling was that "there but for the grace of God go all of us" (to a greater or lesser extent).

Drivers were getting let off completely when the only option the police had was a manslaughter charge. The lesser offence was created and has been found to have a much greater conviction rate.

So the legal system actually responded to the juries of the day. Who'd a thunk it?

The maximum sentence you can get for death by reckless driving is 5 years. They must have thrown something else at him.

The offence of causing death by reckless driving was technically replaced by the one of causing death by dangerous driving.

The maximum penalty was originally ten years imprisonment. I think there were then proposals to increase this to 14 but I'm not absolutely certain if that was brought in or not.

EDIT: The maximum penalty is now 14 years I believe.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.