BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lee Hughes Jailed For 6 Years

den

Agree with the post Smithy but bloody hell>>

I've never read the posts of a man in so dire need of a good shag in all my life. PM your address and I'll personally pay for Birkenhead slapper to pay you a visit :lol:

Thank you AS, that is the best, sharpest, & funniest post I have read on here for many a year.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cahill was very emotional after he scored the goal, you can see it in his face, he's come out and said it was a spur of the moment thing and he has apologised so I can't see the problem with it.

Hughes was found guilty done his time in jail as dictated by the law of the land, wheather you agree or not that's a separate issue, he is a footballer by trade so he's going to go back to what he does, same as if he was a plumber, builder etc, at least he is working and paying tax and not sponging off the state.

Agree with the post Smithy but bloody hell>>

AESF's posts are always a good read ....... eloquently written with a wonderful turn of phrase.

But the best thing about them are the responses they provoke from the Guardian brigade .........hysterical foaming-at-the-mouth disagreement purely for the sake of it :lol:

"People drive fast, people have admitted to speeding on this board and you know what, if they are speeding they are just as likely to cause an accident which might seriously injure someone. Why? BECAUSE THE FASTER YOU GO THE LONGER IT TAKES TO REACT, FOR THE VEHICLE TO STOP AND THE MORE ENERGY YOU WILL PASS TO WHOEVER YOU HIT. There are also issues on people misjudging oncoming speed and pulling out in front of you. Their fault, but if you were going slower, you'ld be able to stop in time or at least reduce the impact damage......"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The above irrelevant load of tripe is typical ...

Go on , Flopsy ...tell me you've never drove above the speed limit and then I'll stop taking the pi$$ out of your sanctimonious drivel :tu:

Another loathsome footballer....

_42775553_ashley_sestanovich_met220.jpg

The player above is the former Sheffield United and Grimsby Town player Ashley Sestanovich, who has been found guilty of conspiracy to rob and sentenced to eight years in prison for an incident where a man was shot dead.

Sestanovich played just 20 minutes in a pre-season friendly for Grays Athletic - but the non-league club has now been ordered by the FA to pay this jailed criminal £14,000 within the next 14 days. If the club doesn't pay, then Grays Athletic face being suspended from all football. I can't understand this ridiculous judgment.

As the Grays Athletic chairman said today: "I am bitterly disappointed in The FA's judgment. We are being forced to pay approximately £14,000 to a player who only had three training sessions and 20 minutes in a pre-season friendly due to his involvement in a heinous crime which saw a young father shot in cold-blood."

I hope that Grays Athletic stand by their principles and continue to refuse to pay this loathsome creature any money. If the club is suspended from football because of refusing to pay this criminal, then it just reinforces what a crazy world we live in.

Link: Grays Athletic face suspension from all football unless they pay criminal £14,000

Another loathsome footballer....

_42775553_ashley_sestanovich_met220.jpg

The player above is the former Sheffield United and Grimsby Town player Ashley Sestanovich, who has been found guilty of conspiracy to rob and sentenced to eight years in prison for an incident where a man was shot dead.

Sestanovich played just 20 minutes in a pre-season friendly for Grays Athletic - but the non-league club has now been ordered by the FA to pay this jailed criminal £14,000 within the next 14 days. If the club doesn't pay, then Grays Athletic face being suspended from all football. I can't understand this ridiculous judgment.

As the Grays Athletic chairman said today: "I am bitterly disappointed in The FA's judgment. We are being forced to pay approximately £14,000 to a player who only had three training sessions and 20 minutes in a pre-season friendly due to his involvement in a heinous crime which saw a young father shot in cold-blood."

I hope that Grays Athletic stand by their principles and continue to refuse to pay this loathsome creature any money. If the club is suspended from football because of refusing to pay this criminal, then it just reinforces what a crazy world we live in.

Link: Grays Athletic face suspension from all football unless they pay criminal £14,000

They have to pay him because:

The FA said because Sestanovich was arrested after he signed for Grays, the club were obliged to honour his contract until he was actually convicted of an offence, under contract law.
But other than that I'm sure they can get him for breach of contract. Is anyone else more worried by the fact that a non-league side can afford to pay someone £14k for 5 months work? Edited by Flopsy

"People drive fast, people have admitted to speeding on this board and you know what, if they are speeding they are just as likely to cause an accident which might seriously injure someone. Why? BECAUSE THE FASTER YOU GO THE LONGER IT TAKES TO REACT, FOR THE VEHICLE TO STOP AND THE MORE ENERGY YOU WILL PASS TO WHOEVER YOU HIT. There are also issues on people misjudging oncoming speed and pulling out in front of you. Their fault, but if you were going slower, you'ld be able to stop in time or at least reduce the impact damage......"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The above irrelevant load of tripe is typical ...

Go on , Flopsy ...tell me you've never drove above the speed limit and then I'll stop taking the pi$$ out of your sanctimonious drivel :tu:

More sanctamonious than the drivel ASEF keeps coming up with?

NOW WITH EXTRA LARGE HEADLINES SO PEOPLE NOTICE HIM?

Edited by Flopsy

I've driven over the speed limit, I dont in residential areas, but my point, as you unsurprisingly ignored was that we all speed, and although most of us dont go as fast as Hughes probably was, it still means that you have less reaction time and greater stopping distance and more energy in the collision. Even a man of hard of thinking can probably get their head around that. Or do I need to go into conservation of energy, momentum and the whole speed = distance/time or Kinetic Energy=1/2mv2

Correct , Flops ; we all speed . Glad you've finally admitted to it yourself ...

But what we don't need here is lecture after lecture after lecture from someone who is probably just as guilty as the rest of us .

Sometimes you get the role of moderator mixed up with that of a kindergarten school mistress . :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

A former Welsh team-mate and friend of Mark Hughes has been given a suspended prison sentence after he drank up to ten pints before driving.

Stevenage magistrates heard that Malcolm Allen - who played alongside Hughes for Wales, gaining 7 Welsh caps between 1986 and 1993 - was "paralytic" after drinking heavily.

Allen told police that he recalled drinking eight or nine pints on his night out, but said that it might have been as many as ten.

In 2006, Allen admitted affray after kicking a girl in the head outside a chip shop.

I feel that somebody who has drunk eight or nine pints before driving deserves to be jailed. Allen can count himself very lucky that his four-week jail sentence was suspended for two years. If it had been up to me I would have jailed the bugger. He could have easily killed somebody in his car like the Brummie lout Lee Hughes did.

As with Lee Hughes, Mr Allen appears to be a highly selfish and reckless individual.

Link: "Paralytic" Malcolm Allen given a suspended prison sentence

Edited by Anti Euro Smiths Fan

Oh, give it a rest.

People the world over do this every day (not that I'm condoning it in anyway shape or form) but, because they're footballers, you give them chapter and verse.

People make mistakes. People kill other people. They do not warrant threads attributed to them. I request mods to close this please, it's not about football, it shouldn't be here.

Oh, give it a rest.

People the world over do this every day (not that I'm condoning it in anyway shape or form) but, because they're footballers, you give them chapter and verse.

People make mistakes. People kill other people. They do not warrant threads attributed to them. I request mods to close this please, it's not about football, it shouldn't be here.

Well it's about people associated with football, but i've gotta say that this is a getting a bit boring now as it's turned in to "how many different footballers have commited a crime" :unsure:

• 1 month later...

A terrible tragedy on Saturday involving two kids being killed, with another footballer charged with causing death by dangerous driving.

Plymouth Argyle goalkeeper Luke McCormick has been charged with driving with excess alcohol and driving without insurance, as well as two counts of causing death by dangerous driving,

Two young brothers aged 8 and 10 were killed in the tragedy in Staffordshire on Saturday morning. The boys father is in hospital with broken ribs, fractures to his neck and back, bruising and swelling to his lungs. It's difficult to imagine the agony that the boys mother and father must be going through.

People make mistakes. People kill other people.

With respect, you make it sound as if it's just a little mistake that can be easily smoothed over, like saying: "People park on yellow lines, people don't pay for their car parking tickets."

I'd suggest that innocent people dying on the roads because of the alleged dangerous driving of footballers is a serious matter which shouldn't be glossed over as being something we should just shrug our shoulders about and say "Oh well, people kill other people."

A statement read out today on behalf of the boys mother Amanda Peak said: "No parent should ever have to go through the nightmare that we have gone through." The statement said that "Arron loved life, especially football, at which he excelled, and Ben was a happy, loving son and brother". The tragedy "has devastated our lives" said the statement.

Given the devastating impact that such tragedies have on families, I don't feel the appropriate response is to shrug our shoulders and say: "People make mistakes, people kill other people."

I'm aware that it's not only footballers involved in alleged dangerous driving - people in other walks of life are guilty of behaving recklessly on the roads too - but if Luke McCormick is found guilty in court of the offences he has been charged with, then I will hold him in the same contempt that I hold Lee Hughes, who I feel should never have been welcomed back to football with open arms by Oldham FC.

Just last month the PFA chief executive Gordon Taylor said in an interview at the link here that footballers are "role models". Taylor says that he's pleased more players "are accepting their social responsibility" and talked about the success of the 'Show Racism The Red Card' campaign.

Perhaps Gordon Taylor should introduce for his PFA players a campaign to 'Show Dangerous Driving The Red Card', which might actually save more lives than the current focus on so-called 'racism'.

And if Mr Taylor really does believe that footballers are "role-models" perhaps he could explain why Oldham FC are happy to pay thousands of pounds in wages to a former prison inmate who caused death by dangerous driving, selfishly running away from the scene and in the words of the judge showing "a callous disregard" for the people in the car he crashed into. Does Mr Taylor think that Lee Hughes is a "role model"?

Link: Plymouth keeper Luke McCormick charged over crash

Edited by Anti Euro Smiths Fan

What i dont understand is how football players and such can behave like Hollywood stars and for most of the time get away with it. But as we have seen recently the trend has started to change, good luck in jail McCormick

This scumbag wants the key throwing away, completely inexcusable! Thoughts only with the parents, completely agree on the hughes front he is beneath contempt for fleeing the scene not phoning an ambulance of providing assisstance he should still be banged up!

Smithy, surely it shouldnt just be footballers who deserve your ire? Or is it just because they make the news?

Drunk driving, driving with out undue care, no insurance, if its true I hope they throw th ebook at him, not because he's a footballer, because he's a menace on the roads.

The irony of irony's would be if it occurred whilst on the phone.

And kicking racism out of football is very important Smithy, but why am I not surprised you dont think so?

When are footballers role models?

I do not believe that a footballer drink driving adds any sense of legitimacy to this behaviour - barring in the most perverse minds. It's different from celebrities taking illegal drugs because we know that there is a whole, entrenched culture of drug-taking which carries a rebellious, anti-establishment, "cool" image. A idiot celeb taking drugs will 'enhance' that image and making drug-taking more attractive for some people.

However, drink-driving, as far as I know doesn't have that "cool" image. It's like domestic violence, in this sense. A footballer may be arrested for domestic violence but I don't think you can say that this encourages wife-beating amongst the public.

Maybe I'm wrong and drink driving has got a "cool" status. I'm not that in tune with what revs hedonistic, superficial losers. But if it doesn't I say: Slam these footballers for acting in one the most extreme stupid, reckless and selfish ways one can act. But don't slam them any more than you'd slam any other lout.

Edited by rover6

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.