BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Verdict On Souness

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Souness has proved himself to be one of the best managers in the Premiership working on a small budget. He may claim Rovers have reached their full potential by claiming sixth place in the table, but he has the ability to take the club further.

REMEMBER THIS!!!

ok if this happens in 4 or 5 years time I'll try to remember you said it, I doubt it though

This topic frustrates me as rovers cannot become a big side without money, today the game just revolves around money, no loyalty. duff??

sold are best player too a side who have bought succes which proves my point!!

souness has done the job but he seems too have no ambition to press on he just aims season by season too survive, Bolton are in the same position as us, with no money too spend and if im honest if we sell are best players (duff) we cant progress and this really makes my blood boil because without money we cannot replace and excellent player for another excellent player because we need to buy many average (squad players) which keeps us in the bottom half of the league. but keeps the business above the red and thats what its about , buissness becomes before football at our club and it hurts!

INVEST IN YOUTH SOUEY PLEASE!!! tinykit.gif

I didnt say it, the guy who did the report on soccernet did, but i have to say i agree with him

Why cut and paste Dale Johnson's profile on Souness, it would have been easier to have posted a link to the full article, instead of taking comments out of contect.

Dale Johnson - Graeme Souness Profile.

The link is on page 14 then! ohmy.gif

Anyone else notice Jason McAteer's appearance on Soccer AM when they were showing his answers to the match programme? Above the one they featured was:

Who would you least like to be stuck in a lift with?

Graeme Souness - enough said!

I guess with Souey's reputation, this could be one poll he'd win hands down.

Edited by Modi

The most worrying thing about Souness being manager now is his football management equivalent of a 'mid-life' crisis.

As others have noted, he seems to have decided that the future for Blackburn is to play in a more negative fashion after Damien Duff left. This after relative success at the start of his Rovers career by playing attacking football.

The decision to 'go defensive' seems to have been fuelled by the negative dross we had to play to win our last games of last season.

He needs a tactical shake up and to put his trust back into attacking football.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.