BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Southampton 3 - 2 Rovers

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is a bank manager so it may well be correct but i'd be wary of sending anything dodgy or harassing him. He'll only end up coming back and being even worse. Is that possible?

Thinking about it further sorry to be sad but I suspect if he got abuse and it was traced back here where the email address was displayed the site may be in trouble so i'd think of editing that. I remember a case where someone's phone no. was put up and they got abuse and the site had trouble.

Edited by Manchester Blue

Yeah I did think of that although I was under the impression they could still work part-time as i'm sure i'd read an interview with one that said as much. Incidentally on digging around I found an interview with D'Urso in which he stated the ref he most looked up to was a certain George Courtney. What a surprise.

He's a full-time plonk!

Although that term is interchangeable with bank manager.

I guess it's a natural progression from banker to ref. In both positions you get the chance to wield an excessive influence over people's happiness. And in some cases you get the chance to ruin a person's livelihood - great!

laugh.gif

In both positions you get the chance to wield an excessive influence over people's happiness.

Sadly modern banking has changed a lot. A modern bank manager is little more than head sales person with little more power over the finances of his/her customers than the lowliest of bank clerks. No real decision making (other than what charges to let people off) seems to be done in branch any more.

The days of being a pillar of the community with a decent pension and benefits package and Rover on the drive are now gone.

(Quick, after the topic, it went that away -> ).

Erm .... anyway ..... Andy D'Urso ...... Muppet or what wink.gif

Sensible post Rev. It is something I have mentioned before, a sort of "I'll show you Souness" from the refs. It is the only explanation I can offer outside of my consiracy theory as to why we seem to consistantly get a raw deal from officials.

I for one, most likely the only one, have no problem with Souness speaking his mind and showing his displeasure. After all we all go on about much the same things on here. My only difference in opinion Rev is that the tone was set much earlier than you suggest. The well bad tackle on Gray that went unpunished was a clear indicator of how the game was going to go.

Gray could easily have been injured, it was a clear foul, possibly warranted a booking but D'Urso chose to look the other way, that is when I realised we would be up against it.

Well a couple of fair spankings coming up, we will all have to suck it up for a few weeks and then hopefully we can start to string somethings together.

My only real criticism of, and real frustration with, Souness is his insistance on playing players out of their best positions. Clearly a player is up against it when being forced into an unfamiliar role. Let's play our best eleven players in their preferred positions and see how we go, play to our strengths whenever possible.

Edited by USABlue

Oh I just ignored that part, Jan. No one in the media gives a crap about Rovers so I dismissed the Scottish comment as rubbish penned by the ignorant.

My point was that they were the only media source (apart from the actual Sky commentators who covered the match) who recognized D'Urso's call for what it was: the worst %*@#!^& penalty decision I've probably ever seen.

Still can't believe how robbed we were. Anyway, i didnt got to the game (to early lol), but was wondering for those who did go what stupid hour the coaches left from Blackburn in order to get there for that kind of kick off time?

• 7 months later...

To be fair, Southampton have suffered some ill-fortune against the Rovers on occasions- a remember a completely unwarranted red card at Ewood a few seasons ago and us being played off the park a couple of times and still winning.

However, for

Andy D'urso

them coming back from 1-3 to 3-3

Osgood getting John Bailey sent off.

TIME TO GET EVEN LADS tinykit.gif

Edited by philipl

They didn't have ill-fortune last season Philip. Seem to remember Emerton straight through on goal and Le Saux hacking him down.

Should have been a penalty and a sending off. But the ref just waved play-on. mad.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.