BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Arsenal 3 Rovers 0

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Travelling down from Lancashire for the game (and a bit of work), but after today's game, we haven't a hope in hell, the refereeing comittee at the FA will have already decided!!!

all I can say is "COME ON ROVERS", stuff it up em!

Arsenal will win by as many as they want to win by.

If it's not too warm and they're in good moods, it'll probably be about 10-0 but if they get bored and decide not to run around too much, we might hold it to about 4-0

Defeat, but only just.

I'm really hoping we raise our game for this one and push them all the way - saying that, if the defence plays like it has since the second game of last season, we'll go down by several.

Arsenal 1

Rovers 2

Believe it. Rovers will play quite badly but have their moments and grab a winner between the 75th-83rd minute.

~My team would be~

Enckelman

Neill Amoruso Short Gray

Emerton Tugay Bazza De Pedro

Yorke Dickov

=====

Friedel

Stead

Nissa

Gresko

Thompson

With the starting line-up looking something like this

Friedel

Neill               Amoruso               Short               Gray

Matteo

Flitcroft           Ferguson             Tugay              Gresko

Stead

it might just be right

Arsenal 1

Rovers 0

Edited by krislu

Ljundberg

Not directed at you specifically, just seeing this misspelling over and over again. It's a G goddamnit!

As for the game.. really can't see us winning. If Southampton could make our defense look so disorganised, then imagine what Henry, Bergkamp and Pires can do... Although we could snatch a draw if we play a sensible, balanced formation.

But 3-1 Arsenal. Henry x2, Pires and Dickov with the goals.

Edited by Lathund

Would like to see the combination Amo/Matteo against Arsenal, with Neill and Gray on each side. If Ferguson is suspended, I'm afraid we'll need Flitty in the middle alongside Tugay, with Emerton and perhaps De Pedro or Thompson on each side.

We also need Dickov instead of Yorke for this one IMO, he's a dirty little @#/? and can disrupt alot in Arsenal's back four !

I have studied very closely the formation that Arsenal employ, its hard to see anywhere and what tactics could be employed to either frustrate them or even beat them. I have however some suggestions that may "rattle" the Arse!

1. Make them kick towards the North Bank first half.

2. Employ a 5 man midfield, leaving one attacker alone.

3. Rovers must deploy 2 wide midfielders which will restric tthe movement of Reyes and Bergkamp/Pires.

Team

Freidel

Neill

Matteo

Johanssen

Short

Gray

Fergie (if allowed to play) or Flitcroft

Emerton

Stead

Gresko

Tugay

its either that or just go there with an intention of getting a draw and that means a team devoid of attacking players !

Does anyone remember the Alamo ?? unsure.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.