BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Arsenal 3 Rovers 0

Not much hope after watching Arse play Boro.

They will trounce us.

Lehmann to serve hot chocolate and butties in his goal during the first half of the match (nowt else for him to do) and have a snooze tucked up in his sleeping bag during the second half, setting his alarm clock to wake him just before full-time.

We're doooooooooooooooooomed, I say, DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

On the other hand, we might win 6-3. (Think positive, we WILL win 6-3).

Then again.......... unsure.gif

Thank goodness I'm helping a friend move house on Thursday and Friday, something else to think about.

Edited by roversmum

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

btw hope the refs from Nottingham. rover.gif

If he's a Forest supporter he might just keep it to below double figures for Arsenal.

If he's a County supporter we are in big trouble.

3. Rovers must deploy 2 wide midfielders which will restric tthe movement of Reyes and Bergkamp/Pires.

laugh.gif

Come now, 1864... we haven't played wide men in so long that I'm beginning to forget what they are. As for my prediction...

2-0 Arsenal. Yes, I'm being wildly optimistic.

Team:

Friedel

Neill

Nils

Short

Gray

Matteo

Flitcroft

Tugay

De Pedro

Stead

Dickov

Souness decides not to play to any particular formation for the 3rd game in a row, and Arsenal batter the rovers goal for the first 10 minutes, with Friedel and Nils performing remarkably to keep them out.

Reyes fires in after an Henry through ball in the 23rd minute and Rovers hold out until the break.

Second half starts poorly for Arsenal, as Rovers have some intense pressure after Dickov is replaced by Yorke.

Rovers equalise on the break after 67 minutes with Steady nodding in a cross from De Pedro.

More Arsenal pressure is withstood before Gallacher breaks away in the 86th minute and takes the ball round Lehmann who brings him down and gets rewarded with a penalty.

Stead steps up and arrows the ball past Lehmann to take home the 3 points in a remarkable game.

Arsenal 1-2 Rovers

I suspect we'll play all the defensive players we've got, so we'll probably line up something like this:

Friedel Enkleman

Neill Short Amoruso NEJ Gresko Gray

Flicroft Matteo Douglas

Subs:

Yelldell

McEveley

Peers

Bruce

Danns

We'll still get beat by at least 4.

Blackburn will win 1 - 0, the upset will make headlines and Rovers will be on TV everywhere! The new interest in the team will be followed by a huge influx of money and they will breakdown and give Pedersen the money he wants.

Edited by mode_m

Ah yes!!! It's all lined up for Arsenal to break the record on Wednesday - the biggest certainty in Football since we were denied a penalty last Saturday. The bookies go mad and offer 28-1 on a Rovers away win. They offer 500-1 on our winning a penalty, 7-1 ON that Arsenal are awarded a penalty and 16-1 that the Ref opens the scoring for Arsenal. So it's all set up for a massive upset as the form book prepares itself to be turned upside down. It's so, so a certainty that Arsenal will win that Souness is already talking about "Lady Luck" (the bitch) and the "Rub Of The Green" in his pre-match interview with Sky.

Then the unthinkable happens and we win a corner in the first 5 minutes. We take it, lose possession and Arsenal break away and score. Oh well.

4-0 to Arsenal.

Reyes.

Henry (Pen).

Pires.

Some other one.

(I just can't see it - they're playing a different game to the rest - the best team in the history of the Premier League without doubt IMO.)

Forget footballers, we need Auf Weidersehn Pet to build a brick wall across the goalline to have a chance of a draw.

Seriously though, we do. A brick wall on the goal line is our only hope.

Anyone know a brickie?

Otherwise £33 plus expenses will be good goals per pound value.

About a quid a goal I expect.

Hey ho.

reasons to be cheerful

1. Souness played in the Liverpool team that stoped Forests 42 game run in game 43

2. Blackburn stopped Forest's Premiership record run of games without defeat, winning 7-1

3. Blackburn have won at Highbury!!!

(I just can't see it - they're playing a different game to the rest - the best team in the history of the Premier League without doubt IMO.)

Couldn`t agree more. They are just awesome.

We`re dead, dead I tell you.

(not sure how to do this quote stuff, from scotty)

I suspect we'll play all the defensive players we've got, so we'll probably line up something like this:

Friedel Enkleman

Neill Short Amoruso NEJ Gresko Gray

Flicroft Matteo Douglas

Subs:

Yelldell

McEveley

Peers

Bruce

Danns

laugh.giflaugh.gif

Two keepers in goal huh?

We'll beat them 1-0.

We have the best record of any team against them in the last 4 years, and we will do them again.

It's going to lash down with rain all night, and Amorusso will score the only goal of the game from a corner.

I don't know what the odds are, but have a fiver on that.

Play 3 goalkeepers and we would still lose, biggest certainty of a home win since Noah was a lad! 4 :0 to Arse , all scored in first 30 minutes, then they conserve energy for their next testing game against Norwich!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.