SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gamst Pedersen

krislu

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is indeed looking very likely now. I was just about to slate krislu for jumping the gun there, until I read the article in the last post...

Fantastic news awaits us, I'm now 90% sure of it. cool.gif

Translation (quotes only):

"I will be meeting with the club about this (move) sunday night. So this was probably my last game for the club.

"It is my dream to play abroad. Blackburn manager Graeme Souness has been in direct contact with my agent Rune Hauge the last few days, and everything is in order now for the deal to go ahead. I will make an agreement with TIL tonight.

"We are negotiating with Blackburn right now, yes. 3 points of discussion are: What the TIL board say, what MGP wants and the economical aspect of it, says TIL manager Per-Mathias Høgmo.

"We rejected a bid of 16-17 mill (NOK) the last time around, but the deal may go through now if the board agree.

"Have you agreed the personal details with Blackburn, Gamst Pedersen?

"It appears to be somewhat better than at TIL, yes (smiles)"

"We rejected a bid of 16-17 mill (NOK) the last time around, but the deal may go through now if the board agree."

Does this mean that Rovers haven't really upped the ante at all, just that Tromsø wanted to wait until nearer the end of the season to sell?

Thanks for the translation, tchocky... and thanks to all our other Scandinavian posters who are keeping us updated.

In the words of Jim Royle: "Well shove it up your arse then!!!"

No point spending big money on someone we don’t need. We have de Pedro and Im sure he'll be match fit soon. And will Pederson be fully fit towards the end of the season, hasn’t he just played a full season in Norway?

What I can't understand is that installment based transfers have been the norm in Europe now for years and our league is now catching up. I think it was Allardyce who said it was about time as it put us at a disadvantage to the rest of Europe when going for players. So why are we getting stick for doing what everyone else does. No-one pays in full up front for players.

I think the problem's our (Rovers) view of instalments. I think the vendors probably want a payment up front then a few large instalments. Knowing Rovers they've offered tuppence hapenny a month for 10 years with a lump sum at the end.

I think we're just being unrealistic when we make offers, and then act all shocked when no-one accepts

Sign him Souey, ditch the joke tactics, we're always moaning about having poor crowds, if we carry on playing this rubbish there will be non eleft, bring back 442 with wingers!!!! and players in their positions, get pedersen and bring back the buzz to Ewood, going there at the moment is like a chore.

Apparently it says on ITV's Blackburn page that we are going to sign Charles Edouard Coridon from Lens. Who is he, is he good anyone know? Apparently Celtic are in for him too, but again hes an older player(31) and another midfielder! I hope we get Pedersen instead, although Coridon is free!

This story was buried deep in the Sunday Mirror sports pages - basically saying Souness wasa leading the chase and had been in serious discussions with TIL for the last few days.

BTW I was buying a curry and the paper was there biggrin.gif

Make no mistake: This deal is <B> NOT </B> done yet, however Gamst Pedersen have himself pre-agreed a contract and told Tromso he wants to play for Rovers. The meeting at Tromso today was not a formality, they were discussing the transfer in great detail. As you now know they've refused Rovers' bid but are willing to negotiate. I do believe that this deal will be completed before wednesday but it is not certain as for yet. Expect more news on the matter tomorrow.