BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newcastle 3-0 Blackburn Rovers

Well looking at Parkes' record when he takes over the reigns, he sually brings a few people in from the cold with something to prove so I fully expect Flitty to start and Todd, Janny and Douglas all to be at least in the squad, shame we couldn't bring back a "peed off by Souness X1"

Filan

Curtis

Berg

Todd

Mahon

Gillespie

Flitty

Dunn

Yorke

Cole

Jansen

anyway I think that we will go there and win now we have something to prove.

Newcastle 1-3 Rovers, sparking a parkes for the job campaign

Edited by laughatthedingles

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Jan, and what a failure he has been. You dont like him as a person, fair enough but I did and that maybe clouded my judgement on him as a manager. It has been looking a bit rocky of late with some bizarre decisions but I think he has left a good squad of players behind and those players only came here because of him.

For all his qualities as a manager I doubt Souness was loved by the players. He may well have been respected but there is not going to be a shortage of players desperate to stick it to Souness at St James. This manager caper is good news for the Newcastle match.

Can I ask who is actually going to the game on Saturday, and when and where are we meeting up before hand?

I’m going with my Missus and my mate Dave and will aim to get to Newcastle about noonish. Where’s a good place to park? And a good place to meet up – fairly close to the ground? (as I cant be arsed to walk miles to and from a pub, just to walk up 20 flights of stairs to get to my seats.

Also time to start singing “Tony’s got his suit on” again.

BTW Walter Smith as manager???? NO NO NO NO NO. Please tell Mr Williams that Lee. I’d be happier with Ternet than Smith.

Surely Souness will be advising Newcastle on tactics for Saturday’s game even if he hasn’t officially taken over as manager. I expect to see his influence on the starting line-up – Given in goal, Shearer up-front and everyone else liberally scattered down the left flank. As long as we don’t employ our own question-mark formation to counter theirs we could be 3 or 4 goals to the good by half-time.

If both teams do start with the question-mark, it will be interesting to see what happens when the ball rolls to a halt in the centre of the park (probably from an inch perfect Tugay pass to his imaginary friend) – will anyone dare to venture from the touchline to get it? It could get quite dull if they don’t - the imaginary friend hacking away at the ball and Tugay roaring him on from the left wing.

The second half is sure to be hard-fought with numerous penalty appeals waved away by the referee as Shearer and Dickov try to outdo each other with outrageous penalty area diving. Now that our penalty jinx has transferred to Newcastle, I reckon Dickov will probably just edge it on the day with a double-pike, triple-axle juggernaut with arms akimbo dismount (I think that’s right - I paid a lot of attention to the Olympic Games) but then hit the bar with our first penalty for 12 years.

The score then? Probably 2-0 to Newcastle.

Can I ask who is actually going to the game on Saturday, and when and where are we meeting up before hand?

I’m going with my Missus and my mate Dave and will aim to get to Newcastle about noonish. Where’s a good place to park? And a good place to meet up – fairly close to the ground? (as I cant be arsed to walk miles to and from a pub, just to walk up 20 flights of stairs to get to my seats.

Also time to start singing “Tony’s got his suit on” again.

BTW Walter Smith as manager???? NO NO NO NO NO. Please tell Mr Williams that Lee. I’d be happier with Ternet than Smith.

There is a car park right outside the stadium. 5 min walk down to center of Newcastle.

Early doors pre match we normally meet in the Wetherspoons in town (just across from the shopping centre, massive place), then move on to a pub just up the hill above the ground (wlaking past the away end) opposite a petrol station which I think is the Black Bull. It's normally rammed in there, but friendly enough.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.