BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newcastle 3-0 Blackburn Rovers

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given that GS has now gone and tony has been known to change team selection in his first games in charge, does anybody think that matt will be given a cahnce on saturday, even on the bench. I bet he will feature atsome point while tony is in temp charge

Doubt it we are looikng for a caretaker not a miracle worker. But I do think we will see more of Tony's type eg grafters like Douglas, Flitty, and not as much of the ....shall we say.....less 'committed' types.

Parkes has worked with Souness for too long to make wholesale changes. It would only further upset the teams balance and i doubt he has had time to orchestrate huge changes.

Therefore I think a familiar team will line up on saturday...

Freidel

Neill / Short / Matteo / Gray

Emerton / Tugay / Ferguson / De Pedro

Stead / Dickov

As for the result, I think Tony will get us our first win of the season.

This would be my XI

Friedel

Neill Amoruso Short Gray

Emerton Flitcroft Ferguson Gallagher

Dickov Stead

Not sure if its ever played together before. Thommo would start before Emerton if he was fit. Parkes is sure to recall Flitty.

BTW Bryan, I was right about Ewood Parkes and the laundry - just remember where you heard it first.........

Given that GS has now gone and tony has been known to change team selection in his first games in charge, does anybody think that matt will be given a cahnce on saturday, even on the bench. I bet he will feature atsome point while tony is in temp charge

I wouldn't hold your breath, the last time Tony was in charge Matt couldn't get a look in over the, er, mercurial strikeforce of Ward and Blake.

Edited by Radagast

I wouldn't hold your breath, the last time Tony was in charge Matt couldn't get a look in over the, er, mercurial strikeforce of Ward and Blake.

Says in the LET that he will be on the bench and that Flitty will be in the team.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.