BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newcastle 3-0 Blackburn Rovers

I can see Parkes making a few changes as he has in the past when he has taken over. He should play Matteo at centre half where he belongs. Is Souness going to be there or what? He must be passing on some inside info as its in his interest for the Geordies to win. I remember in the past Parkes has favoured filling the midfield so I expect Tugay, Ferguson & Flitcroft to all play.

Does anyone know any decent pubs near the ground. For people going by train the big Wetherspoons pub opposite the station is good, I think its called the Meeting Rooms or something.

I reckon we'll nick it 1-0. Hopefully it will be with a dodgy late penalty. Souness will be so mad he'll blow his cover and come running from his hiding place and get a lengthy ban from his old pals at the FA.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

having just spent a week in Newcastle up for the England game I would suggest that anyone thinking of parking their cars near the ground think again.

The much easier option is to park in Gateshead and hop into Newcastle on the metro cost is a quid return. You then have two options of either going straight to St james or Monument. Monument allows you to visit the best pubs on the way upto st James - its a ten minute stroll or a 20 minutes wobble !

Parking will be very limited as its saturday and that means women crowding the car parks whilst shopping and leaving their own cars badly parked etc !!!!!

It will be very interesting to see what the exact crowd reaction will be like at the ground.

tinykit.gif

We need some info on De Pedro, Thompson and gallagher. All of those players are potentially first rate and would hope to feature prominantly in the managers plans.

It is worrying to only be in the fourth game of the season and already have five first team players out injured or suspended. Hey ho....

Parkes' team, after the Flitty revelations, seems to pick itself:

Stead  Dickov

Pedersen    Ferguson        Emerton

Flitcroft

Gray    Short    Matteo    Niell

Friedel

Subs: Jansen, Boothroyd, Enckleman, Tugay, Johansson

I would put money on that being the exact line up.

Interesting to note we have only won 3 times when Dermot has reffed.

Can't see past a draw - 1 v1 -Shearer for them without doubt & Stead to notch his first

I'm assuming he's reffed more than 4 or 5 matches for us? tongue.gif

and WHERE IS TODD? mad.gif

If he's any sense at all he'll be running up and down sand dunes somewhere in a desperate attempt to get fully fit before the new man takes over. No one seems to want to match his wages so he must realise that he needs to buckle down here. tinykit.giftinykit.gif

Alternatively he might be found in the W H Smiths looking for a leaving card for Souey. smile.gif

and WHERE IS TODD?  mad.gif

If he's any sense at all he'll be running up and down sand dunes somewhere in a desperate attempt to get fully fit before the new man takes over. No one seems to want to match his wages so he must realise that he needs to buckle down here. tinykit.giftinykit.gif

Alternatively he might be found in the W H Smiths looking for a leaving card for Souey. smile.gif

Don't think he's that bright. Anyway, the last Rovers player seen alone on sand dunes was Andy Crawford - and he disappeared without trace!

Interesting to note we have only won 3 times when Dermot has reffed.

Can't see past a draw - 1 v1  -Shearer for them without doubt & Stead to notch his first

I'm assuming he's reffed more than 4 or 5 matches for us? tongue.gif

Correct American

Rovers 1 Sheff Utd 0 19/12/1992

Newcastle 1 Rovers 0 08/11/1995

Wimbledon 0 Rovers 1 04/10/1997

Leeds Utd 1 Rovers 0 24/08/1998

Rovers 1 Arsenal 2 25/10/1998

Rovers 2 Villa 1 26/12/1998

Derby 1 Rovers 0 16/01/1999

Newcastle 0 Rovers 0 14/02/1999

Rovers 0 Newcastle 1 24/02/1999

Rovers 2 Arsenal 3 30/01/2002

Birmingham 0 Rovers 1 24/08/2002

Leicester 2 Rovers 0 02/11/2003

Rovers 0 Villa 2 20/12/2003

Rovers 2 Chelsea 3 01/02/2004

Rovers 1 Birmingham 1 15/05/2004

And even more interestingly - I can't count either!! withstupid.gif

• Backroom
Both tthe BBC and Skysports have predicted a comfortable win for Newcastle.

Let's show 'em.

With all the disquiet at St James' over the appointment of GS.. and the alleged pending confrontation with Kluivert, I'm going to go for a Rovers win 2-1 (Fergy and MGP)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.