BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Banner In Blackburn End

.....why not just hold up pieces of card with the number of games since penalty during each game?? It`s easily changed every week & cheap to do.

....What-ever happened to the huge Blackburn banner we had way back in uor champions league days??? You know the one we used to cover all the empty seats in the darwen end?? dry.gif

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw some people being stopped from putting up a banner at the Blackburn End yesterday. Why?

It was the Norwegian Branch flag - I was helping them put it over one of the areas coming up from the concourse. It looked pretty good too. By the time I got back from the gents a steward had told them to remove it, nor would he allow it to be placed over the front rails, presumably because of covering adverts.

I looked over to the Darwen End, at the all-standing Mancs, and saw a United flag draped over one of the areas coming up from their concourse!

Rules for us (we abide), rules for them (they break).

Penalty banner is a good idea. It'd get a showing on MOTD at least.

Even better, how about a national petition to go round all the clubs asking fans to sign in favour of video evidence being brought in on controversial refereeing decisions? (e.g. Saha's hand ball)

I cant see how any genuine fan can object to wanting to see fair play and even the refs might be glad to take a bit of pressure off themselves. Its the one thing which would really improve our game at the moment. And no-one can benefit more than Rovers given the comedic displays we are so often treated to by the likes of D-Urso, Wiley, et al..

The banner since the last penalty is a great idea.

However knowing Soueys lady luck , a lot of money and effort could be spent and then we get a penalty the very first time it is displayed.it will become pointless for awhile .

Then again it may be money well spent if we do finally get a penalty.....assuming we have someone able to convert it that is !

How about a load of photo copied A4 pages (like the 4's & 6's at cricket)with the number of games since a pen printed on big & bold. That way they could be held up all around the ground & would be a lot easier to update over the next year or so... tinykit.gif

• Backroom

I think we should bribe the guy who runs the electronic score-board, it should flash up the number of games without a penalty just as the ref looks up hoping to see himself on the big screen biggrin.gif

Oooops ! sorry I forgot... Premiership referees aren't vain are they ? rolleyes.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.