BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Yorke To Celtic, No Brum.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...tic/3615588.stm

BYE BYE LAZY BOY !! Watch Jan say that she always rated him !!!

Yorke holds Celtic talks

Dwight Yorke was on the bench for Rovers on Saturday

Blackburn Rovers striker Dwight Yorke is in Glasgow for signing talks with Celtic, BBC Sport believes.

The 32-year-old former Trinidad & Tobago international has had a difficult recent relationship with Blackburn boss Graeme Souness.

Yorke came off the substitutes' bench for Rovers against former club Manchester United on Saturday.

Now he could complete Celtic manager Martin O'Neill's search for another quality striker.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The link isn`t very accurate, as it says "Matin o`neills search for a quality striker.

Oh well....let`s stay very quiet until the ink has dried, then we can all have a good chuckle!! laugh.giflaugh.gif

Be even nicer , Brownie , if it was Shearer signs for Blackburn after accepting manager's job...... wink.gif

Typical of Rovers fans, rather have a inexperienced completely untried/untrusted player (shearer) as their manager rather then our best manager since Kenny (souness) and had 3 good seasons outa 4.

Be even nicer , Brownie , if it was Shearer signs for Blackburn after accepting manager's job...... wink.gif

Typical of Rovers fans, rather have a inexperienced completely untried/untrusted player (shearer) as their manager rather then our best manager since Kenny (souness) and had 3 good seasons outa 4.

Sorry Eva..... sad.gif

Press Association confirmation

1 SOCCER Celtic Snap

Celtic confirm they are in talks with Blackburn Rovers striker Dwight Yorke over a possible move to Parkhead.

I don't like most of your posts Jim but I do appreciate this one. rolleyes.gif

According to SSN, it's a loan deal to take Yorke to the end of his contract. So no fee, and unless someone else comes in, the only back-up strikers to Dickov and Stead are Jansen and Gally. dry.gif

The first is too old, the second is too young, the third is finished and the fourth is injured.

Marvellous.

According to SSN, it's a loan deal to take Yorke to the end of his contract. So no fee, and unless someone else comes in, the only back-up strikers to Dickov and Stead are Jansen and Gally. dry.gif

So we've managed to miss out on £400,000? Fantastic business there Souey.

1 SOCCER Celtic Nightlead

YORKE IN CELTIC TALKS

Celtic have confirmed they are in talks with Blackburn Rovers striker Dwight Yorke over a possible move to Parkhead.

The Bank of Scotland Premier League club are looking to take the former Manchester United man to Glasgow for the remainder of his contract with Rovers.

But the Hoops dismissed suggestions that the 32-year-old had already agreed a three-year deal. A Celtic statement read: “The club would like to confirm that they have been given permission to speak to the player with a view to taking over the remainder of his contract.”

more to follow

According to SSN, it's a loan deal to take Yorke to the end of his contract. So no fee, and unless someone else comes in, the only back-up strikers to Dickov and Stead are Jansen and Gally.  dry.gif

I thought of using that line LeChuck, but I don't remember seeing any confirmation that Pompey actually did make an offer.

Surely not?

one thing I have noticed about Yorke this season which is more important then work rate, he never looks a threat, he can't score from more then 4 yards anymore and even his heading has been way off target, personally I think its all due to age and drinking, he plays like a 37 yr old rather then a 33 yr old, I think Teddy woulds be more of a success.

Hope he leaves

According to SSN, it's a loan deal to take Yorke to the end of his contract. So no fee, and unless someone else comes in, the only back-up strikers to Dickov and Stead are Jansen and Gally.  dry.gif

Just be grateful we don't have to pay them to take him..... thumbs-up.gif

Just be grateful we don't have to pay them to take him..... thumbs-up.gif

it was silly not to sell him because it would have also made Pompy weaker, bad move by Souness but I'll just be glad he leaves

Got to echo whats been made on here that this will leave us short upfront, even though Yorke wasnt a great striker he was a experienced body we could put on the field if needed, unless we have something up our sleeve before midnight, maybe Sutton coming this way as part of deal.

Got to echo whats been made on here that this will leave us short upfront, even though Yorke wasnt a great striker he was a experienced body we could put on the field if needed, unless we have something up our sleeve before midnight, maybe Sutton coming this way as part of deal.

That would be nice but I thought O'Neill wanted to strengthen his strike force, not weaken it?

I know, queue the Dwight Yorke jokes.... laugh.gif

Even though it would be nice to see the back of Yorke, I thought our biggest need was adding a striker? Has Jansen now come back into the equation?

Oh dear, confusing days indeed. sad.gif

Edited by BMan

I hope at least a loan signing is coming in.

The Souness logic: Let a player go for nout, even though £400,000 bid was in place. No doubt that Italian bloke he was recomended will come in on load... what was his name... Corrado something...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.